Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old April 10th, 2009, 12:42 AM
has been BANNED

themaster Woo who?
Thoughts on Sir dupius.

I havn't really seen anyone make armies around Sir Dupius. I think hes really good since he can get up to 7 attack die naturally. What do think about him.
Old April 10th, 2009, 02:09 AM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker
Re: Thoughts on Sir dupius.

If you can get him the right circumstances he's a hard attacker, but his defense is low and his life doesn't isn't enough to be survivable. The Templar Knights that go with him aren't that great unless they are against a ranged Utgar army though, if they are the potential 6 attack owns very quickly.

The best army I've come up for him is...
Sir Dupuis
Raelin
Eldgrim
Templar Knights X2
Knights of Weston X1
Ends up 570 points, so it will work for a 600 point game.

Raelin's aura keeps the knights defense a bit stronger. Eldgrim can either capture a glyph or die and make the KoW more mobile. (If you use a capture the glyph choice I'd suggest that you spend the extra points on somebody to keep by the glyph with Eldgrim.) Then just take advantage of the synergy and go to town with your all knights. Minding to keep Raelin close by of course, but since she flies its not that hard.
Old April 10th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I don't think he's robust enough to be used seriously in a same-army-all-day-double-blind tournament.

I'm sure you could make some okay builds with 4th Mass, or as a coup de grace in a knights (of Weston) army, but he'd probably just weaken it as a whole. Putting him with the Templar Cavalry is likely a recipe for disappointment, unless you're facing all Zombies or B'Wolves or something.

3x Knights of Weston 210
Sir Gilbert 315
Sir Dupuis 465
Eldgrim 495

That's the best 500 pointer I can think of at 2 AM. He might actually fit better than most other Champions in a Gilbert army. To be perfectly honest, I've never actually used him in a game. He seems clunky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; April 10th, 2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old April 10th, 2009, 03:41 AM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Clunky indeed...we made a house rule that gives him a new ability called "Inspire the Charge" that makes him a little bit more playable.

"After revealing an order marker on any Knight army card you control, instead of taking a turn with those knights, you may instead take a turn with Sir Dupuis."

So the theme behind this ability is that Dupuis charges courageously into battle and inspires the rest of his Knights to follow boldly behind their leader.

In terms of game mechanics, this allows you to take a turn with Dupuis when and only when you really need to - you don't have to guess when a suitable target for Dupuis' dangerous single attack will become vulnerable. Also, you can give Sir Dupuis a second turn to finish off his quarry or make a tactical retreat as long as you have order markers on the Knights of Weston or Templar Knights.
Old April 10th, 2009, 05:41 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I don't think he's robust enough to be used seriously in a same-army-all-day-double-blind tournament.

I'm sure you could make some okay builds with 4th Mass, or as a coup de grace in a knights (of Weston) army, but he'd probably just weaken it as a whole. Putting him with the Templar Cavalry is likely a recipe for disappointment, unless you're facing all Zombies or B'Wolves or something.

3x Knights of Weston 210
Sir Gilbert 315
Sir Dupuis 465
Eldgrim 495

That's the best 500 pointer I can think of at 2 AM. He might actually fit better than most other Champions in a Gilbert army. To be perfectly honest, I've never actually used him in a game. He seems clunky.
The only problem is the he's not a champion
Although that alone would make him much more playable.

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old April 10th, 2009, 07:10 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Try this thread to get some ideas for Dupuis: Sir Dupuis - What's Your Army Idea?

Jexik's 500 pointer above is about as good as I can do at that point level. At 540, you can drop Eldgrim and add another squad of KoW. At 550, you can drop Eldgrim and add Thorgrim (I don't see Finn adding much benefit).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 10th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe5joe7 View Post
Quote:
The only problem is the he's not a champion
Although that alone would make him much more playable.
Yeah, the word other messes it up, but I know he's not a champion, and that's why he seems clunky. The reason I said he might work better in a Gilbert army than most champions is precisely because he isn't one. Sir Gilbert usually takes the lion's share of the turns when he's around, and he tends to survive for awhile.

Hmm... did I just tell everyone what army Ollie's going to be playing soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 10th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
As part of my project to use every single unit in a tournament, Dupuis is near the top of the list of lesser-regarded units that I intend to use in the near future. There are a couple of tournments coming up in my area and there's a good chance I'll take him to one of them. The first has a 150pt sidebar option meaning that I could switch him in and out with, say, Q10 or Dzu-Teh x2 depending on the map and opposing army. The second has a points total ending in 5, so nice Gilbert/KoW/Dupuis armies are possible.
Old April 10th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:

3x Knights of Weston 210
Sir Gilbert 315
Sir Dupuis 465
Eldgrim 495

I prefer Sir Dupuis with CONCAN, Sir Gilbert and the Knights Of Weston. He then has the ability to pod up and have 9 Attack dice:
4 Normal Attack
+3 for Knights
+1 for Gilbert (to left)
+1 for Concan (to Right)

Makes for an ass-kicking coctail.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old April 10th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This isn't going to help anyone use Dupuis more effectively, just my thoughts on him.

I wish in place of his attack bonus from knights he had a defense bonus for Templar Cavalry. I'd have it be - for every two wounds on Sir Dupuis any Templar Cavalry figures you control gain 1 defense die. It would make one of my favorite units more playable and it fits with his other two abilities. Chalice of Fortitude would kick in just when the Templar would benefit most from his wounds and his Tactical engagement would help him escape so that the Templar could keep that defense going.

I like that idea SuperflyTNT, but whenever I invest in an attack that large I seem to only roll 3 or 4 skulls. Makes for a fun set up though.
Old April 10th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
3x Knights of Weston 210
Sir Gilbert 315
Sir Dupuis 465
Eldgrim 495
I like this idea for 500 points, but I think some range might be helpful. Maybe this:

Knights of Weston x2 - 140
Sir Gilbert - 105 (245)
Sir Dupuis - 150 (395)
Krav Maga Agents - 100 (500)
Old April 10th, 2009, 12:53 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom View Post
Quote:
3x Knights of Weston 210
Sir Gilbert 315
Sir Dupuis 465
Eldgrim 495
I like this idea for 500 points, but I think some range might be helpful. Maybe this:

Knights of Weston x2 - 140
Sir Gilbert - 105 (245)
Sir Dupuis - 150 (395)
Krav Maga Agents - 100 (500)
I don't know. With as much speed and defense as that army has, they might not need range at all.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion