Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old September 13th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Bad Day

My thoughts are with you ABOM. I know how hard it is, as our family has lost two beloved pets in the last 3 months as well. I share you mourning for our animal friends. Here's to being thankful for the time we had with them.

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old September 13th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Think of some of the great memories you have with him, and hopefully they will bring a smile to your face today.
If I do that, it makes me even more sad. Because I see him as a little puppy, looking up at me with his big brown eyes, and now he's cold and in the ground...
maybe in a few weeks, but certainly not right now. Again, thank you for all the comments. It's nice to know there's so many dog and pets in general lovers.

I'm going to have a hard time filling his spot with another dog. Really, the whole family will be comparing the new dog to Jake, and I'm sure that Jake will win by a mile. He was quiet, yet lovable. He was also smart and learned which cars to bark at when they were pulling into the driveway. If it was my dad coming home from work, he'd do nothing. If it was the plumber, different story. *sigh*
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:01 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My sister had a fish once that got brain cancer. It didn't eat for a month. Then one day I noticed that it was dead. My sister was sad. I don't know what it's like to lose a dog, though. I've never had a pet other than a few fish.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
My sister had a fish once that got brain cancer. It didn't eat for a month. Then one day I noticed that it was dead. My sister was sad. I don't know what it's like to lose a dog, though. I've never had a pet other than a few fish.
Trust me, losing a dog is much harder, since they have emotions, and love you no matter what. It makes you feel special. My mom is saying the best way to get rid of the heart-ache is to get another dog, and suggested a Beagle. Anyone here have any advice as to what dog we could get in the future? I don't want to forget about Jake, of course, and definately don't want to rush into things.
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Honestly, the only thing that helps with a heartache is time and normal life. Getting back into your normal everyday routine helps, but only so much. It will take time.

If your family really wants to get another dog, beagles are great family dogs. My family (including extended) has always like miniature poodles (not the poofy fluffy kind) because they are smart, fun, small-ish, and have lots of energy.

No matter what though, just remember that nothing will make the hurt go away fast. It just takes time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old September 13th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Replacing a dog is impossible, so that's never the point. I once had a fantastic dog, also (part) border collie. I never though I could have a dog as good as him, but currently I have two german sheppard/border collie mixes that are great dogs as well. They all have their own personalities and different quirks about them. I love them all equally, but in different ways. But as great as my new dogs are, I never thinking of them having replaced my old friend.

Just don't be one of the people who swears off getting new dogs, because they don't think it will be as good as the last one. You sound like the type that would be a good home for any dog, so hopefully you can eventually accept another one in your family.
Old September 13th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm really sorry to hear this, ABOMINABLE. I'm sure that you will feel better at some point, but in the meantime, I'll be thinking of you.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 13th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Replacing a dog is impossible, so that's never the point. I once had a fantastic dog, also (part) border collie. I never though I could have a dog as good as him, but currently I have two german sheppard/border collie mixes that are great dogs as well. They all have their own personalities and different quirks about them. I love them all equally, but in different ways. But as great as my new dogs are, I never thinking of them having replaced my old friend.

Just don't be one of the people who swears off getting new dogs, because they don't think it will be as good as the last one. You sound like the type that would be a good home for any dog, so hopefully you can eventually accept another one in your family.
That's a pretty good piece of advice! Thanks! If I get another dog, I shouldn't try and compare him/her to my old dog. I just need to like a different dog. I plan on getting a puppy; I know they're hard, I raised Jake from a pup, so I know puppies aren't all roses. Waking up at 2 A.M., making sure the dog is properly trained, etc. The reward in the end is a great dog.
Old September 13th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm so sorry for your loss. When I lost my dog I didn't want another dog for awhile. I had a husky that I had from a puppy until he turned 18. That guy was like a fuzzy, crazy brother. Eventually I got a beagle. Quite a size difference, but still almost as nutty. He's a great dog. I can recommend either of those breeds to you.

Old September 13th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Poodles are great family dogs. I have one, and she's been a great dog for 13 years. Great around kids, too!

And I'm very sorry to hear about your dog.
Old September 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM

Heroic Monkey is surprisingly tart

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:40 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

At church tonight, they played Amazing Grace. It reminded me of you, ABOM.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General