Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old September 16th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
A New Threat-Final Chapter

Ulgrath collapsed to the floor. The soldier stood over him, sneering with disdain. The man looked at him through his visor. “Get up, alien.” He ordered. Ulgrath wiped some blood from his nose. He was a greenish black alien; medium build, with a mouth filled with razor-sharp teeth. By looking into his eyes you could tell that he wasn’t just a mindless savage; Ulgrath was an exceptionally smart Predator. He was one of the last of the race of Predatoria in the universe. They were a warlike species, having a keen sense of sight, smell, and hearing. It had been a usual day, when suddenly they were attacked by an army of Spartan soldiers, the new face of earth. The Spartan were fierce warriors, bent on the destruction of all races. Their weaponry was far superior to anything Ulgrath had ever seen. Within hours, the entire planet was in chaos. As the he walked away from the charred buildings, the alien looked about sullenly, taking in the carnage of his beloved home world. “Move along, you!” the soldier muttered. Ulgrath snarled in protest. The soldier slowly took out a beam pistol, reloading it, just in case. “Come on, come on! We don’t have all day,” he yelled.

Evening was setting in. The two had arrived at the Spartan command center, where the general and his aides were going over their next attack. The soldier waited patiently, waiting until he was given permission to speak. During this time Ulgrath took in his surroundings. The room was sparse, save for a few chairs and a table. Off to the side was a rack of laser-blasters. Five guards were on patrol around the area. There was a lull in the arguing from the table, and the soldier took advantage of it. Clearing his throat, he said, “General Arnot, I have captured a Predatoria. Want do you want me to do with it?” Arnot looked up in irritation. “Dispose of it.” the general answered casually with the wave of his hand. The soldier nodded in agreement as he took out his blaster rifle. Ulgrath knew he had to act quickly. The rifle pressed against the back of his head. Ulgrath realized in an instant there was little he could do. Silently and quickly he reached for the small electro-blade he kept on a strap near his foot. Fortunately the soldier had not checked him for any weapons. Whirling around and slamming the blade into the man’s neck, Ulgrath broke for the rack of weapons. Arnot drew his pistol, aiming it for the alien. The guards readied their guns. Grabbing a high powered machine gun, Ulgrath pointed it at Arnot as he yelled, “Tell your guards to put down their guns!” Arnot hesitated. The alien shot a couple of rounds near the general’s feet. “DO IT!!!” “Alright, alright! Men, put down your weapons.” The guards looked at each before slowly putting their rifles down. Ulgrath grinned. Maybe he wouldn’t die after all. He motioned to the general. “You, come with me.”

As they walked out of the command post, Ulgrath took the pistol from Arnot. Arnot sneered. They continued walking. Ulgrath knew there was nothing left for him on this planet. The whole place was now a charred husk of what it once was. The alien picked up an electro-sword that was lying on the ground. He had to get out of here, and fast, before the entire Spartan army was upon him. “Where are the Starships?” Ulgrath asked quietly. “Why should I tell you?” the man questioned. “Because if you show me, I’ll let you go.”
“Do I have your word of honor?”
“Yes, you do.”
“Well, then…follow me.”

“There you go, alien, the Starships.” Arnot said loudly. Ulgrath started for one of the ships, and then halted. Why had the general commander yelled? Was he trying to attract attention? If so, how many were there? He readied his machine gun. Suddenly a hail of bullets streamed out from a balcony, almost hitting both of them. Ulgrath dived next to the general for cover as he fired his own weapon. He saw that the enemies were veering off their fire so as to not hit Arnot. Pushing the general forward, he made his way for a Starship. It was working, the firing had stopped. Suddenly, Ulgrath fell, tripped by Arnot. The alien grabbed at him as he went down. They both hit the floor. Something tore off from Arnot’s belt. Unconsciously, Ulgrath grabbed it before he leapt up. It was very dark by now, and the guards could barely see a thing. Ulgrath ran for a machine. Leaping into the cockpit, he gunned the engine and took off. Within nanoseconds, he was gone. Arnot chuckled. It had been a very eventful night. The loss of a prisoner and a ship wasn’t too big of a deal, he thought. Getting up, he signaled to the guards to come down. Just as he got up, he stopped. Something didn’t feel right. Arnot reached down to his belt. He cursed silently. It was gone. “You three, contact the army! We move out immediately!” he shouted. “The blasted alien stole my plans!”

The Starship was rabidly increasing with speed. Ulgrath’s tense body loosened. He had escaped. Holding up the thing that he’d taken from Arnot, he examined it. It was a small canister, made out of a strange metal that he had never seen. All across it were lights that faded out and came in again. All in all, Ulgrath had no idea what it was. But it was on the general’s person, so it was obviously of great importance. Ulgrath turned on the navigator. His planet was off the screen by now, and there were very few other planets in this galaxy. He mentally checked them while slowing the ship’s speed. Marr….I won’t go there; the entire planet is in torment from those aliens. Feylund….No, the elves would probably kill me as soon as I set foot on that planet. He finished going through them and finally reached a decision. “Valhalla, here I come.”

Arnot directed the ships. Fortunately for him, all the Starships in his fleet had tracking devices. It would be easy to follow that alien. Catching him would be another problem. “Okay, let’s get going.” The ships rose off the ground and took off. The chase was on!

Last edited by ABOMINATION; March 26th, 2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old September 16th, 2008, 02:28 PM

Shermif knows what's in an order marker Shermif knows what's in an order marker
Re: A New Threat

Just what Valhalla needs: two more warring factions!
This is great, and I look forward to reading more.
Old September 16th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermif View Post
Just what Valhalla needs: two more warring factions!
This is great, and I look forward to reading more.
Well, the Ulgrath isn't really his own faction (Do you think I should make him have his own army?). The Spartan are the elite of the elite; they have the most advanced technology in the universe, so I'm hoping to have a little fun with them.
</IMG></IMG>
Old September 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

I like it... better than the last one I think.
Old September 17th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Thanks guys for your support! Here's part two now. Enjoy!

Ulgrath’s ship went down in speed as he entered the atmosphere of Valhalla. From the skies, he could everything. The last time he had checked, this planet was a peaceful place with only a few tribes of kyrie dotted here and there. As he drew closer, Ulgrath realized that the times had undoubtedly changed. A mountain that once could have been a lush and beautiful place was now desolate and battle-worn. Scattered throughout the entire region he saw the bodies of men, elves, undead, orcs, and marro. In the distant was a tiny village wreathed in flames and smoke. Ulgrath’s face grew solemn. I should go back, he thought. There is nothing for me here. He turned the ship around. Then there was bright flash and a shock that went through the entire ship and everything went black.

“Sir, we hit him in the main power core.” said a pilot as he looked at the screen. Arnot smiled in satisfaction. “Good, don’t destroy the ship, I want my plans back in one piece. Send down a trooper.” “Sir, yes sir.”

Ulgrath was still unconscious from the sheer force of the laser blast.

The trooper fired his grapple gun, squarely hitting Ulgrath’s ship on the main cockpit window. He began his descent. In moments, he was there.

The world was a hazy, shady mass of flashing lights. Ulgrath groggily lifted his head up. The entire place was flashing red as a monotonic voice intoned: “Warning. System error. Repeat system error. Main ship functions have ceased. Losing altitude.” The ship began to move towards Valhalla, taken in by the gravitational pulls.

Fragments of glass flew everywhere as the trooper blasted the cockpit window and jumped in. Ulgrath, bleeding and bruised, unsheathed the electro-sword.

The ship was nearing the ground of Valhalla, in a couple of seconds it would hit.

Beneath his visor, the trooper smiled. A primitive sword against a Spartan gun? This was kind of funny. He raised his weapon. Ulgrath snarled and charged. The trooper fired a couple of rounds, hitting Ulgrath in the arms. The electro-sword dropped to the ground. Sobbing in pain, Ulgrath stumbled to the floor. “Sorry about this, alien.” the Spartan said as he reloaded his gun and lowered it to Ulgrath’s chest.

With a bone jarring screech, the Starship slammed into the side of the mountain and the two rolled out, disoriented. Ulgrath was the first to recover, but the soldier was soon up as well. They circled each other, both tense and ready to kill. Ulgrath knew that if things continued to go as they would he would soon die, so he tried to talk to the trooper. “Why do you persist on the destruction of all life forms beside yourself?” he asked, trying to buy a few precious moments of life. “The general Arnot has said that for the Spartans to reign supreme over the whole universe we have to kill any rebels that defy us.” he said proudly. Ulgrath rolled his eyes. “The Predatoria were not harming the Spartan in the least. Arnot just wants power, and you are his little lackey.” The man looked flustered. He obviously wasn’t very bright. He looked down at the ground in uncertainty, and then raised them with new resolve. “What Arnot says, I will do. That is the job of every soldier.” The trooper lifted his weapon to fire but before he could get off any rounds he was hit in the back by a bullet. Grunting in surprise and pain, he turned around to see a man dressed in camo clothes and carrying a katana and pistol. The trooper dropped to the ground, still trying to shoot the rifle at Ulgrath. The soldier with the katana came up to Ulgrath and said, “I was scouting around here with a couple of friends,” he said, nodding towards a blue kyrie and some Omnicron Snipers, “When I heard the commotion over here. Hi, I’m Sergeant Drake Alexander, but most people call me Sarge.” “Nice to meet you, Sarge.” Ulgrath could barely stand now and he finally collapsed from weariness. The soldier looked alarmed and called out, “Kelda, get over here, I think this guy’s gonna be dead in a few minutes.” The blue kyrie flew over and landed lightly next to Ulgrath. “He has been hit in the arms and has severe cuts from glass.” She said calmly as she put her hands on him. A few seconds passed by with Ulgrath lying there, hovering between life and death. Kelda smiled as the cuts and bullet holes began to fade with her touch. “I think he’s going to make it.” Sarge blew out a huge sigh. “Good, let’s get him over to Jandar.”

Arnot cursed as he heard what happened over his dead trooper’s microphone. He paused as he heard Drake say, “Good, let’s get him over to Jandar.” His frown creased even deeper. Now that retched alien had friends, and from the sound of things, a lot of them. If he let the alien get away that would spell the doom of his master plan, and if he went after him he would undoubtedly lose many men. He sat down and considered his options and reached a decision. “We move out, follow that alien and bring me his head and my plans.” The second-in-command saluted. “It shall be done, my lord. What is our first action?” “We haven’t used the cyborgs in a while, have we?” Arnot murmured darkly. Fear spread into the second’s eyes. “N-no we haven’t, my lord.” “Very well, send down with a legion of my best men.” “Sir, yes sir!”

The lone cargo ship flew away from the rest of the fleet and headed toward Valhalla. Landing in a marsh, the hold opened to reveal a veritable army with the most refined weapons. In the middle was a crate. A very large crate. The elite gave it a wide berth as they marched out. “Are the shockers on?” asked one of the men. “Yea, there on.” “OK, open it up.” A door began to rise up from the side of the crate, and a loud mechanical sound came out. The men edged even farther away from the crate. Five figures appeared, snarling and growling. The animals were part lizard and part robot. Bright red eyes glinted in the sunlight. The bodies of the beasts were curved and bird-like. Dangerous claws clacked against the ship. They were cyborg Raptors. Around each of their necks were round objects that bleeped and warbled. The Raptors looked about and saw the Spartan. Howling with rage they leapt at their captors. Immediately the objects on their necks gave them a sharp jab of electricity. They stopped. A commander came up to them and gave them a piece of flesh that was found in the runaway Starship. It was Ulgrath’s. The Raptors sniffed at it for awhile until the commander said, “Find him.” One by one they raced off into the vast world in pursuit of their prey.
Old September 17th, 2008, 04:16 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

Not bad... keep it up.
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar Gen. View Post
Not bad... keep it up.
Thanks, Einar Gen. I think this one is a bit better than my other story. Hope to have part 3 ready soon.
Old September 21st, 2008, 07:13 PM
Chilly Fangirl

OK all, I have part 3 here. It's a little gory because of the Raptors.

Drake yawned as he stepped out of his tent. Yesterday had been quite eventful, a battle, finding an alien, and bringing him back to Jandar. Feeling his eyes droop although he’d just gotten up, Drake knew he should start getting some more sleep. He started walking for the tent where Kelda was mending Ulgrath. “How is he?” he asked as he quietly came in. Kelda looked up in with concern in her eyes. “I don’t know. Physically he’s great, but something like shock has taken its toll on him.” Drake gazed down on the alien, the face was contorted in a snarl, and the eyes were wide open, displaying an undying hatred. Feeling his gut squirm as he looked at Ulgrath, Drake excused himself. He needed some fresh air. When he got outside, he took a deep breath to calm his nerves. That look, those eyes; Drake couldn’t get it out of his head. “I gotta get a drink.” he mumbled. Meanwhile Kelda worked on steadily, trying to disregard that look. Contrary to what she thought, Ulgrath was not unconscious. He was wide awake, yet it was a new Ulgrath. One that was filled with hate and fear, one who could not tell what was right and wrong, one would kill anything and anyone to reach his goal. Slowly but surely, this beast’s rage would come out.

The Raptor paused, sniffing the ground around it. Nearby, the others were also tracking their prey. Throughout the night, the five had searched for Ulgrath, yet they still couldn’t find him. Raising its head up, the Raptor growled to the rest, signaling that they follow him. He’d found something. Stealthily moving behind a huge, ancient tree, they peered out and watched four minutemen walk but fifty feet away from them. The leader of the cyborgs looked at the men and snarled; this would be the first catch of the day.

Roberts was in a foul mood. He’d been the captain of the 4th Mass that had fought in the battle the other day but had led poorly. Very poorly. Jandar had booted him down to captain of a patrol, and so far it stunk compared to his previous position. To top it off, his men were grumbling about how much their feet hurt. “Come on, captain, let’s get back to camp.” said one of the men. Roberts finally snapped. “Shut up back there! If I tell you to march, you march! You got that?!” No answer. “I said, do you got that?” Roberts yelled as he whirled around. He stopped cold. The man who had been complaining looked at the captain, his eyes filled with pain and shock. Behind him Robert’s saw a lizard ripping the man’s back. Falling to the floor, the soldier gasped as he felt his guts pulled out. Robert’s throat was dry with fear, and over the hill came four more of the lizards. Finally he managed to say weakly, “Run.” The three other minutemen didn’t need him to say that. Within seconds, they had broken for the trees. It was too far away; another soldier was taken down, screaming. It was only him and the other man now he thought. The trees were very close, perhaps he could climb one and survive these evil monsters.

The Raptors were closing in on the other man now, Roberts was far ahead. Looking behind him, the soldier saw there was no hope. Panic began to well up inside of him. He didn’t see the rock in front of him and stumbled. In an instant, the Raptors were there. A curved claw raced down on the man’s stomach, slicing through it. In moments the dirty work was done, and Roberts was the last man left.

Roberts was a couple of yards away from a large tree. He could make it. He might make. He had to make it. Suddenly there was a heavy weight that hit Roberts in the back and a sharp, excruciating feeling spread through his entire body. He coughed. Everything was in slow motion as he fell down, only a couple of feet away from his goal. All of a sudden, the pain subsided, and Roberts felt peaceful. Slowly, his entire world faded into blissful blackness. The Raptor snarled again. It was time to get moving, Ulgrath was still out there, and he had the canister. And the masters wanted it.

Arnot’s forces had landed in the marshes of Valhalla, and they were ready for battle. “Forward, MARCH!” yelled a sergeant. The tanks rumbled to life, and the jets began to take off. “Ulgrath, you are a dead beast.” Arnot muttered to himself. He imagined what he would do to the stupid alien when he found him. He chuckled in anticipation. The second-in-command came up, saluting as he reported, “Sir, we have a visual on an army about two miles from here, it is mostly made up of robots. Should I give the order to attack?” Arnot nodded. “Proceed.”

Last edited by ABOMINATION; September 21st, 2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old September 21st, 2008, 07:41 PM

*Nods slowly and approvingly* You're getting better at this...
Old September 21st, 2008, 11:58 PM

Shermif knows what's in an order marker Shermif knows what's in an order marker

That's just the way I want to go: mauled by savage alien raptor beasts.
Nicely done, once again!
Old September 22nd, 2008, 05:37 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Thanks guys once again for your support. I also would like a little constructive criticism if you don't like something.
Old September 25th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Alright here's part four!

Majors Q9 and Q10 were not used to such heavy firepower. On the battlefield not many beings could stand up to them. Yet here they were trying desperately to stem the on rush of Spartans that had raided Vydar’s camp. Blue laser bolts flew everywhere as the Spartan fleet hovered a few hundred feet above the ground. Troops clambered down on cable lines and reinforced the men already in battle. Major Q9 looked around. His quiglix gun was no match. For every soldier he killed, ten more sprang up. Agent Carr and his men were giving their best, dodging and firing everywhere. Helicopters thumped in the background. The screams of the dying and wounded were constant. Flames burned down the tents; the entire camp had been destroyed. Major Q10 touched his brethren on the arm guard. “It is time for us to leave, Q9. There is nothing we can do.” Q9 turned around somewhat gloomily for a soulborg and trudged off towards the awaiting cargo ship that Vydar had somehow summoned years ago. “Let’s go.”

Kelda had worked steadily throughout the night, and her healing had done wonders. Completely free of any wounds or scars, Ulgrath was feeling much better. He had concealed the monster inside of him for the time being, and he was his usual self. Wolfing down a hearty breakfast, he went over what he should do now. Half of him wanted to help these people who had helped him, the other half was yearning to track down Arnot and repay him for everything; the murder of his race, and the destruction of his planet. Deep inside him, his feelings churned around; his meal didn’t look all that appetizing anymore. He got up and thanked Kelda for the meal. “Where are you going now?” she asked cautiously. Pausing just as he got to the tent flap, he looked back at her. “I don’t know.”

“Now tell me, where is that feisty alien hiding?” Arnot stalked next to a captured agent, or what was left of him. Sobbing hysterically on the floor, he looked pitiful. Arnot had tortured the once resolute agent into this wretch now before him. Maliciously stroking the handle of his favorite torturing device, which he affectionately called ‘The Screamer’, he turned again toward his victim. “I-I know nothing of an alien, sir. Please let me go.” The man cried. Arnot sniffed derisively. “I’ll give you one more chance, and if I don’t have an answer, I’ll kill you.” he said as he picked up a sword. The agent’s eyes widened. “No please, I’ll tell you,” he lied. The man had no idea where the alien was, but if he told him something, he might live. The Spartan general grinned. “Good, good. Tell me.” “Well, he’s heading for the Moltarn Sea,” he said. Maybe if these Spartan went there, they would die in the catastrophic eruptions that often took place. “Excellent, thank you for telling me this. Guard! Release this man.” He leaned closer to the agent and whispered, “Go tell your allies that Arnot is here, and anyone who gets in my way will be destroyed.”

Utgar looked at the scout with uncertainty. “Are you sure of what you saw?” The minion nodded. “Yes, my lord, I saw strange hovering crafts and hundreds upon thousands of soldiers destroying Vydar’s camp.” Utgar rubbed his cheek. “Hmmmm. Perhaps we have an ally.” He looked up at the minion once more. “Arrange a treaty with this general, send Cyprien to negotiate,” he said finally. “Yes my lord, it shall be done.”

Ulgrath had decided to help his new friends, and walked to the small wooden structure that was the headquarters of the general Jandar. Bowing low as he entered he said, “Jandar, I have decided to help you with your cause.” Jandar smiled on the alien. “Thank you for your assistance, Ulgrath, I’m sure you’ll be very useful to us.” “What’s going on in this place anyway?” The smile turned into a frown. “Ahh, I’ll tell you of what’s going on in our once peaceful world. It all began with the wellsprings. A kyrie called Thormun was the first to discover and drink these magical waters. He told others of his findings, and they also drank. Unfortunately, with the powers also came the visions of a war-torn and desolate world where all sorts of beings fought. Some of the kyrie, now calling themselves Valkyrie, found that they could summon these beings. Soon they had their armies fighting for the wellsprings, and the visions came true. Now, five of these Valkyrie, including me, have united to bring down the most powerful, blood hungry, and greedy of all the Valkyrie, Utgar. Since then we have steadily progressed in the art of summoning, and are now ready to crush Utgar once and for all.” Ulgrath nodded and asked. “Well, now that I know, what’s my first task?”

Three of the Raptors looked down on the Jandarian camp and sniffed slowly. After a couple of minutes they looked at each other. Their quarry was there. One of them snarled. In their minds they had communicators. “Tonight, we attack,” one said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction