Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 3rd, 2020, 10:27 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

I honestly don’t think Pirate Batman needs the crew markers. Just let him bond with any Pirate and use any Pirate as a shield.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 10:55 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Unlimited double bonding with 5 or more figures would be a significant upgrade over bonding with exactly 2 figures that becomes single bonding when 1 dies. Not pushing for one over the other, just stating that wanting to keep the cost down could be intentional.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 11:11 AM

Captain Redbeard knows what's in an order marker Captain Redbeard knows what's in an order marker

I think an increased cost would be fine, I just didn’t want him to be too strong with unlimited bonding. My vision for him was to be a commander type figure that worked well when his crew swarmed opponents.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 11:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I believe @MrNobody has a Leatherwing write up too, so he might want to compare. I have the mini, so would love to see the guy get done.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 3rd, 2020, 11:58 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Does he thematically only have a crew of 2 other pirates? Otherwise I'm not really seeing the reason to limit it. Pirates is not exactly a strong faction.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 12:07 PM

Captain Redbeard knows what's in an order marker Captain Redbeard knows what's in an order marker

No thematically he has a full crew with a few named members including Robin Redblade (Robin) and Alfredo (Italian Alfred).
Old November 3rd, 2020, 01:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I believe @MrNobody has a Leatherwing write up too, so he might want to compare. I have the mini, so would love to see the guy get done.
Yep. I focused more on just making him a direct parallel to our Batman. Kinda thought it would be cool to have a squad of his pirates that bonds with him.
Quote:

NAME = LEATHERWING
SECRET IDENTITY = BRUCE WAYNE/NONE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PIRATE
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

FLINTLOCK PISTOLS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
When Leatherwing attacks with his Flintlock Pistols Special Attack, he may attack 2 additional times. He cannot attack the same figure more than once. You may only use Flintlock Pistols Special Attack once per round.

SWASHBUCKLING STRIKE 15
If Leatherwing is attacked by any opponent's figure in clear sight and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll if Leatherwing is occupying a Water or Sand Tile. If you roll 1-14, roll defense normally. If you roll 15 or higher, Leatherwing takes no damage, and may immediately move up to 5 spaces. If Leatherwing ends this movement engaged with the attacking figure, the attacking figure receives one wound.

SEA LEGS
Leatherwing does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. If Leatherwing moves two or fewer spaces, you may count up to 15 levels of height as one space. You may ignore Leatherwing's height of 5 when climbing.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 04:18 PM

I think I like the power Sea Legs more than the movement ability I gave him! I had thought about doing something with water spaces but wasn’t sure.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 05:24 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sea Legs is a cool title for sure. I have no attention span to read powers right now, or I'd comment on more.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 3rd, 2020, 06:42 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
NAME = MISTER KNIGHT
Love this take. My one thought on streamlining would be that maybe Take a Punch and Brutality could be condensed into one sort of offensive/defensive brutality power to sell that theme? Maybe something like:

Quote:
When attacking an adjacent figure with a normal attack, if Mister Knight would inflict one or more wounds, inflict one additional wound. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if Mister Knight would receive one or more wounds, ignore one of those wounds.
Obviously that's very mechanically close to Close Combat Expert, with the main difference being that it's slightly worse on offense. I think the mechanics of it move it closer to our sort of brutality/resilience aesthetic though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Redbeard View Post
NAME = Captain Leatherwing
Cool first write-up! Love that you're staying on brand.

Really dig the take on the pistol here. I'd probably use your pistol power and Nobody's Sea Legs.

I could go either way on making him a full-on Pirate faction piece. I worry a little bit about undercutting Corsair with a strong bonding power. Might be more interesting for the faction if he came at leadership a different way.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 08:19 PM
Tickle Pickle

Captain’s Crew
After taking a turn with Captain Leatherwing, you may move up to 2 Unique Pirate Heroes you control up to 4 spaces each. After moving those figures, you may roll an unblockable attack die against a figure engaged with both chosen figures. If Captain Leatherwing is adjacent to a Unique Pirate Hero you control when receiving one or more wounds that would destroy him, you may place the wound markers on that Pirate instead.

Maybe something like this would be fun.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 08:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

A lot of the Spacejammers want to be engaged so a mass movement power could maybe work out okay. Not against the idea of straight up bonding of some sort though, as previously said they aren't overly strong right now. Plus Corsair's bonding only triggers when he inflicts a wound, and he's kind of easy to take out, so it's not super reliable. A back-up or secondary bonding option that didn't overshadow him but instead complimented him would be what I preferred.

It will be nice to have a few more Pirates in general though to fill out the crew if anyone has any other Pirate ideas as well. I feel like Ch'od needs a bigger crew around so he can either drop the first team in position or drop the second team of reserves into the middle of the fight. A crew of 7-8 Pirates so you can have two different waves to work with would be great.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy