Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old September 14th, 2020, 02:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

I'm expecting an Earl Thomas sighting in Dallas sooner than later now. Outside of a few plays, our defense looked terrible. Offense was a pretty big let down too.
Old September 14th, 2020, 02:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don't think it's a good look for Dallas to sign him, though I do think that it will happen. He is clearly a locker room problem, with a significant likelihood of off-the-field problems. But Dallas seems happy to sign players like that. I don't think it's conducive to winning, but WTH. It's not my team. The Bengals of the NFC.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 14th, 2020, 03:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
There's a local sports radio guy who has often said that "the hardest thing to do in sports is to stop losing." That's the Lions, though they are't the only ones.

Or, to put it in meme form:

Meh. Here is my Lions meme.

One playoff win. Ever!*

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; September 14th, 2020 at 03:26 PM. Reason: *Super Bowl era, aka my lifetime.
Old September 14th, 2020, 04:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Browns, Lions, Bengals ... there's a few NFL franchises that should just fold up their operation and call it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 14th, 2020, 04:37 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm thankful that I don't have to compare notes that way, but as Bats hints, I'm not sure that there's much to be gained from trying to win that Battle to the Bottom. If you want to know, though, here is a sample - just a sample - of what you're up against: the Cleveland Browns are the only team in football to have zero winning seasons in the 2010s. During that span, they lost 117 games, with 17 different starting quarterbacks.

I would not dream of denying the Lions fans their claim on the #1 Most Moribund Franchise claim, but there are others who also compete for the same sad prize.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 14th, 2020 at 04:54 PM.
Old September 14th, 2020, 11:31 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Browns since 2001 unfortunately, I think the Hawks win the NFC West if Caroll let's Wilson run that offense, the Rams and 49ers have both lost good players and the Seahawks have only gotten better.
Old September 15th, 2020, 11:04 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Everyone can use their own measuring stick. I go by playoff wins. In my lifetime the Browns have four times as many playoff victories as the Lions and the Browns missed a few years of opportunities. Also the Browns have won a playoff game more recently with only the Bengals having a longer drought but they have been to two Superbowls so they are not even eligible for the discussion.
I can see how recency bias can cloud the picture but you have to appreciate the Lions long standing consistency of failure.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 15th, 2020, 01:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

It's ironic that western Europe, which is known for its generous social programs that provide for those at the bottom, has a much more cutthroat way of running their leagues, with poor teams effectively exiled to the minor leagues until they can win their way back up. By contrast, the USA, with all its pride about self-reliance and bootstraps, coddles incompetent franchises with revenue sharing and high draft picks.
Old September 15th, 2020, 01:38 PM

I really like that league system.
Old September 15th, 2020, 02:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

So you want the Browns and Lions to play vs. College teams, while Alabama & Ohio St. play in the pros?
Old September 15th, 2020, 03:10 PM

Something like that.
May have to rope in the XFL as the 'minor league'.

Last edited by Tornado; September 15th, 2020 at 03:39 PM.
Old September 15th, 2020, 03:37 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that system only works if you have a minor league system in place, like the NHL or baseball. But then how do salaries work? Do players take a pay cut when they go down to the minors and a pay raise of they go from minors to the top league?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV