Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 19th, 2019, 07:09 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Ultron Drones - Waiting for Initial Playtest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Maybe run them with someone that can heal Androids like Forge or Cyborg II. Also might he worth adding in Mad Thinker for his OM shenanigans and efficiency.
He’s got the healing covered in his third test with Gizmo.
Point taken. He's one I haven't used yet and wasn't in the synergy listing I looked at.
Yeah, he's ON DECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Interested in hearing your thoughts after that last test.

I see a blank PT sheet, so there are no tests to discuss as far as I'm aware. We were discussing what the proposed upcoming tests should look like.
Yep. Fully aware of that. I too read the post. I was merely stating that AFTER he does do that proposed third test, I'm very interested to hear his opinions of the on deck units sometime.

I also mentioned those units to him earlier when discussing possible buddies for an Ultron army. So I was excited to see it listed.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 19th, 2019, 07:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Gotcha ya.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 02:52 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:00 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Finally done! I did 3 army tests here, and if you'd like more it'll be in the future, I've maxed out my testing time as of now!

As I mention in the notes, I recommend lowering the Ultron Imperative bonus. It encourages a play style that I don't believe is intended.

Another option which would help is to change the Age of Ultron power to moving Ultrons up to 4 spaces. That way they’re not hard to keep up with. You could increase the number of moved Ultrons to 3 then also. "You may instead move up to 2 Ultron figure you control up to 4 spaces each, and attack with up to one Ultron figure you control." That would keep the "swarm" style and make them a more effective screen, while making sure the opposing team can still keep up with them.

But that said, Ultron won 2 out of 3 games, and the one loss was because Nightwing dodged attacks for 3 rounds straight, so it wasn't a true loss, in my opinion. Ultron should have destroyed him.

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
Quote:

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: ULTRON DRONES

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Ultron, Ultron Drones x4
Vs.
Fantastic Four.

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Ultron, Ultron Drones x4 (1000)
Vs.
Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, Changeling (990)

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Ultron, Ultron Drones x3, Gizmo, Mechanical Constructs x3 (1200)
Vs.
Prof. X, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel, Forge, Shadowcat (II) (1190)

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Cost, Balance, and Draftability? I would take these guys every time I play Ultron. For what they do they seem pretty solid at 80 points. My concern is what they do with Ultron himself. I originally thought they’d swarm, but what they do in reality is be an extra life for Ultron that’s a pain in the butt for the opposing team. Ultron only transmitted once in these tests, and not even on a Drone, but the THREAT of transmission is devastating. The first two games I used the Drones as a screen for Ultron, but the last game is played more optimally for the unit, and that’s having them run away while Ultron is in the opponent’s face. I didn’t want to touch Ultron himself knowing that he could easily transmit to the Drones, so the game became Forge and Shadowcat running after Drones who were playing keepaway, while Ultron just kept blasting away, whittling down the X-Men’s forces. Is that how they SHOULD be played? Or INTENDED to be played?

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
The Ultron army as is, is definitely fun. The Drones are tough, even with low stats. I never attacked with them once, however. I honestly think they’d be more fun for both teams if the Ultron Imperative power was changed to 1 or 2. That way they’re still the prime target for his Transmission, but then it doesn’t encourage their keepaway tactics quite as much. The Ultron armies dominated here, and that’s largely in part of the opponent trying to kill the Drones first, knowing that attacks on Ultron would be wasted. Dropping the Imperative bonus encourages more of using them as a screen (I would most likely still hide one, but that’s also decently thematic, since he hid one copy in the film, at least).

Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:22 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Sounds like the problem that the Doombots have. I’d be worried that modifying the UI roll won’t help that much.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 10:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Sounds like the problem that the Doombots have. I’d be worried that modifying the UI roll won’t help that much.
That’s my issue with the Doombots

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 07:34 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I initially had the Imperative bonus lower because I was scared of this exact situation but multiple people told me that it should be higher than Jocasta’s. It made sense from a flavor perspective but I was still worried about it.

It sounds like the design is close so I would like to lower the roll to +1 and send them to public testing at 80 points and see how they do there. Thoughts?
Old September 23rd, 2019, 08:51 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2019, 09:03 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Pre-yea
Old September 23rd, 2019, 10:45 AM
A Man of Taste

What if the attack was 1 event hero Ultron or 2 uncommon? That would lead to more opportunities of using the Bots as an army?

Old September 23rd, 2019, 10:53 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Few more thoughts that I didn't get to yesterday (I did those in a rush, children started getting rowdy)

Gizmo never healed any Drones. Frankly, I didn't care about their well-being at all. The fact that they're resurrection hubs for Ultron Prime is massive psychological warfare. Gizmo focused on using his bots as a screen, and dealing wounds to Prof X. The auto wounds were a very welcome addition to the army though, since Ultron has trouble breaking the psychic shield. Plus all the bots being good targets for Transmission makes Gizmo a good pairing with Ultron anyway.

Now for Transmission, strategy-wise: The way I play Ultron is to focus solely on targets with either lower defense, or vulnerable to Special Attacks. If Ultron deals them wounds he ALWAYS chooses an opponent's figure for Transmission, to try to get the auto kill. The only time I start focusing on the Drones are if Ultron has taken a few wounds. Even then I'll debate whether a small chance at an insta-kill is worth the risk of not choosing a Drone. And even then, especially with all the Gizmo-Bots running around, I still wasn't concerned about the Drones. I flew them around just to simply force the opponent to chase them, spreading his forces thin for Ultron to strike.

Now if we want to try to avoid the running, like I said lowering the bonus could help, but I have one more suggestion:

Quote:
ULTRON IMPERATIVE 4
Whenever this Ultron is chosen for Ultron’s Program Transmission 20 special power, if this Ultron is within 5 spaces of that Ultron, add 4 to the 20-sided die roll.
Sure we'd have to rename it because of Jocasta, but it would keep them a bit more clumped together. The wording of "this and that Ultron" kinda sucks though.

Any other questions or thoughts?
Old September 23rd, 2019, 11:14 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
What if the attack was 1 event hero Ultron or 2 uncommon? That would lead to more opportunities of using the Bots as an army?
Fully in favour of this, or something like it.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library