Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old December 23rd, 2016, 05:48 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Um...Yeah

>_>
<_<

I don't know what that's like....

In all seriousness, I wouldn't let that stop you. I've already pulled wonderful inspiration from animes (heck, two of my Fanfic entries were cribbed from animes, one of which I was very lucky TAF was the judge).

~Dysole, who consumes much story and the end results are kind of interesting
Old December 24th, 2016, 02:07 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan

TGRF, I challenge you to watch On Your Mark
and still hold your current feelings.
It is under 7 minutes and not in English.
It is by arguably the greatest in anime Hayao Miyazaki.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 24th, 2016, 02:20 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I watched it. I can't really say how good it is as I have nothing to test it against, but I'm sure it's good. It's just the feeling that it's meant for kids. It's not so much that it isn't good, it's that it feels juvenile. Not necessarily that it is. It just feels that way. I can't really say in what way it detracts from the overall feel of the anime. I can't even really say if it does.

It's the same sort of thing with Finding Nemo. I think Finding Nemo has one of the best stories in movies that I've seen. At least in terms of how developed and thought out it was. No one else in my family really wants to watch it because it's pixar. So it's the same thing.

~TGRF.
Old December 24th, 2016, 02:25 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If helping someone out of a terrible situation is juvenile then I want to be a child.
If you cannot get past the animation for some reason then I understand and I feel bad that your brain is wired that way but to each his own.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 24th, 2016, 02:31 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
If helping someone out of a terrible situation is juvenile then I want to be a child.
If you cannot get past the animation for some reason then I understand and I feel bad that your brain is wired that way but to each his own.
I think a large part of it is that my early years were spent separating the stuff of value from what was termed 'twaddle.' I grew to recognize anime as twaddle due to the basic animation and sound, especially next to the ancient B&W films I was being exposed to as part of 'cultural education.' So yeah, that probably has a lot to do with it.

Honestly if I started watching it I would probably get into it. If I ever have access to FMA and plenty of time to sit down and watch it, I might do that some day.

~TGRF.
Old December 24th, 2016, 09:32 AM

Try Cowboy Bebop as Dysole suggested as that animation is a little more American.
Anything by Hayao Miyazaki is incredible but certainly has that juvenile style. His stories are absolutely awesome and creative.

Space Captain Harlock is really cool and the newest movie has modern computer animation.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 24th, 2016, 03:05 PM

I will say I did once watch Howl's Moving Castle and really liked it. I have no idea why I was watching it, but I did. That's about as close as I've come to anime. So there's hope for me!

~TGRF.
Old December 24th, 2016, 03:17 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Much Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
I will say I did once watch Howl's Moving Castle and really liked it. I have no idea why I was watching it, but I did. That's about as close as I've come to anime. So there's hope for me!

~TGRF.
Howl's is actually the weakest of the Miyazaki films I've seen (still need to watch Princess Mononoke). Spirited Away is amazing. Still, I think I was resistant to anime because of a perception I had built up about it (don't even remember what that was). Someone gave me that nudge and I've been hooked ever since.

~Dysole, who needs to figure out if she finishes Tokyo Ghoul (2 episodes in) or if she should go watch Ghost In The Shell first
Old December 24th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Day 13????

If you ain't sure, TGRF, do what I always do with a recommendation: try the first 3 episodes (that's only about an hour) and then see if you like it enough to keep trying.

In the meantime, yes the 12 Great Things with TheAverageFan is at an end. Unfortunately due to a slight error we ended a day early. So let's finish the season off with a final few recommendations. Ho ho ho!

Day 13??
Spoiler Alert!

And now we're through! Whew! What a lot of great things! Well, let's not forget another great we often take for granted: Christmas itself. Y'all have a good Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas! Ho ho ho!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 24th, 2016, 03:48 PM

I really like the obscure ones from Miyazaki.
Pom Poko is about sentient raccoons and Porco Roso is about a 'pig-man' pilot and of course the above On Your Mark.

The Girl who Lept Through Time is really cool.

For a more hardcore experience I like Berserk(swords, blood, fantasy) and Gantz(aliens and high tech hidden in the modern world). Unfortunately both are 'unfinished' but they have been working on new Berserk so hopefully we get more stories about The Black Swordsman known as Guts.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 24th, 2016, 03:57 PM

Time Cop

No seriously go reread Wrinkle in Time. It's way better as an adult. I personally prefer Wind in the Door but the original is amazing.

~Dysole, who when she realized she didn't have either went out and purchased them
Old December 24th, 2016, 03:59 PM

It was a dark and stormy night.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction