Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:47 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Deathstroke-brainstorming phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Cool. Now I just need to persuade you guys on how cool it would be give him Ruthless Counter Strike and save something like Arcane Ripost for some future magic user type ... (Dr. Strange, for instance).
Sometimes it feels like you type exactly what I'm thinking. It's a bit concerning, actually.
I'd rather have Dr. Strange get a truly Arcane Riposte that works against special attacks, not normal.

Sadly, there's nothing arcane about Arcane Riposte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:48 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't have a problem saving Arcane Repost for someone else, I'm just not sold on the change to Ruthless, but I generally go with the majority anyways so all you need is sell everyone else Bats
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:51 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I like all of Bats suggestions, except Ruthless Counterstrike. What about making it work vs. ranged attacks. Something like,
ASSASSIN COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, if Deathstroke is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

EDIT: I see this is as better because while Deathstroke would be able to strike Superman, he would break his hand. Deathstroke cannot pierce Supes skin without help (magic or Kryptonite), so slow gradual damage is better to me. Plus as stated before this sidesteps Speed Dodge.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:56 PM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Way to go! Iīm happy you chose to go for Deady!

I donīt quite like combining a shooting attack with disengage though... If heīs engaged, why would he shoot a gun instead of using his normal attack?
And if you say that he has disengage, when moving due to his shooting special attack, wouldnīt he technically be allowed to move into a new engagement, and move on from that, disengaging again?

Why not give him proper disengage, and do something else with the shooting special attack?
Old September 2nd, 2010, 05:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Not to mention that it does mix his reflexs and mind, but I couldn't see getting rid of Counter Strike for it since that is also a represntation of trainning. As far as Super Strength, I saw that he has the strength of 10 men and to me that equals Super Strength. If I'm wrong I can remove it, but that amount of power would be beyod peek human levels.

From DC Comic Database, take it for what it's worth.

Quote:
Strength level

Enhanced. His strength was likened to having the 'strength of ten men.' Able to press lift around 800 lbs.
I guess they figure that most normal men can press around 80lbs. That's not bench press but military press over your head which is more difficult.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 2nd, 2010, 05:40 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I personally don't think he should qualify for Super Strength. If destructible object rules are ever created, I'm hoping figures with Super Strength will be able to throw cars. I don't want to see Deathstroke throwing cars.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 05:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I personally don't think he should qualify for Super Strength. If destructible object rules are ever created, I'm hoping figures with Super Strength will be able to throw cars. I don't want to see Deathstroke throwing cars.
I agree and he like Wolverine and Deadpool, he should be able to take a wound from falling. This is also more fun and thematic for figures with Healing powers because you can picture them jumping from height, taking a wound, attack someone or grab a glyph, and then heal that wound off.

Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

In case the chosen mini is the one I have, here are some pix for the mini card.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...hstroke005.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...hstroke007.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...hstroke008.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...hstroke009.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...hstroke010.jpg

Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:12 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What's in his right hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
What's in his right hand?
That's a loaded question

It's some kind of silver staff by the looks of it. I don't know if he uses one in the comics or not. But this mini does have a sword in a scabbard slung on his back.

Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:52 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

OK, Super Strength will come off. I think I missed the 800 lbs when I read it. That's the mini alright Hamah, so thanks for the pics. What he is holding is a staff that can fire electric bolts or he can charge the ends and do more damage when he hits. I had thought about doing a special attack for it, but I've found that when a figure has a range 1 special attack, it is used more then thier normal attack. Plus I really wanted to do something with his love of guns.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
I can go with that, the reason I didn't go with Ruthless though is that I haven't had it work much when playing Huntress. I agree that the new version of Quick Shot incorperates Lightning Reflexs enough that it can be replaced with the Healing Factor, but I'm not sold on switching the Counter Strikes. I admit that Huntress is deadly, but I don't see her beating Batman with ease the way Deathstroke does. I think adjusting the base stats the way you did and swapping Lightning Reflexs for Healing Factor and keeping Assasisn's Counter Strike is the way to go. also dropping his defense to 5 will weaken the Counter Strike making it a little less deadly and imposing.
Believe me when I tell you, I've played with Huntress a lot and in fact, in a recent initial playtest of a pretty beefy figure with an attack of 6, she put 3 wounds on that figure on two separate occasions with Ruthless Counter Strike. One time was in a Mid-level test and the other was in an Army test. The one time the other unit rolled 4 skulls to her 1 shield and 3 skulls, she took 3 wounds, but gave out 3 as well while she was being attacked. Also, keep in mind, when Huntress is by herself and not adjacent to a friendly figure, while her normal attack goes up to 5, her defense drops to 4, so it's not as easy for her to pull it off. Deathstroke would have a full time defense of 5, so he'd get more benefit from it than her on average. Not to mention he has an extra life and if he has Healing Factor he'll be much harder to kill and the Ruthless Counter Strike will come into play a lot more than Huntress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I'd like to see the Quick Shot nullify Speed Dodge and the Counterstrike work from range too.

P.S. Why not Healing Factor X? Does Deathstroke not heal as quickly as Wolverine and Deadpool?
The proposed ranged attack by Bats would lessen Flash's defense to only 2 and make it much harder for him to roll a blank on only 2 dice. I think that's a pretty solid affect on Speed Dodge without being Speedster specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I like all of Bats suggestions, except Ruthless Counterstrike. What about making it work vs. ranged attacks. Something like,
ASSASSIN COUNTERSTRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, if Deathstroke is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

EDIT: I see this is as better because while Deathstroke would be able to strike Superman, he would break his hand. Deathstroke cannot pierce Supes skin without help (magic or Kryptonite), so slow gradual damage is better to me. Plus as stated before this sidesteps Speed Dodge.
This would still affect Superman the same as Ruthless Counter Strike, and if Cap, Huntress, Samurai etc. can hurt Supes with Counter Strike without magic or Kryptonite, then Deathstroke should be able to as well IMO. Also, how far out would this ranged Counter Strike work? He has a normal attack of 1 and even his Special Attack proposed by Bats would be range of 6, but figures don't Counter Strike with their Special Attacks. If Green Arrow attacks Deathstroke from 9 spaces, what do you do? If someone attacks him from 3 spaces, what do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970 View Post
Way to go! Iīm happy you chose to go for Deady!

I donīt quite like combining a shooting attack with disengage though... If heīs engaged, why would he shoot a gun instead of using his normal attack?
And if you say that he has disengage, when moving due to his shooting special attack, wouldnīt he technically be allowed to move into a new engagement, and move on from that, disengaging again?

Why not give him proper disengage, and do something else with the shooting special attack?

Why would any figure use their ranged special attack when engaged, because they can for one thing and because it bypasses certain special defenses. This has been part of the game forever. Why would Kaemon Awa use a single normal attack of 4 when he can use his Quick Release special attack that allows him to attack twice with an attack of 4?

Also to give him a proper disengage, you are either going to have him with 4 powers or you lose another power.

On a separate that is not in response to any of the above quotes. I wouldn't mind seeing Deathstroke with a normal attack of 6. He carries a sword and is depicted often with it. Drake has a sword and attack of 6 and Agent Carr also has an attack of 6 when using his sword vs. engaged figure. I'd suspect that Deathstroke has been trained at least as good as either of those two and could be justified having an attack of 6.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library