Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:49 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Workbook of Orcs of Moria - Design (Fellowship A)

(CARD IMAGE)

NAME = ORCS OF MORIA

GENERAL = UTGAR
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = VIOLENT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 1 (4 figures)
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 35

CAVE DWELLER
When attacking a figure on a dungeon or shadow tile, add 1 to an Orc of Moria's attack.

ORCISH VIOLENCE
After taking a turn with the Orcs of Moria, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-4, destroy a common Orc squad figure you control adjacent to an Orc Of Moria you control. If you roll an 18 or higher, inflict one wound on an opponent's figure adjacent to an Orc of Moria you control.

Character Bio: (taken from Tolkien Gateway)

The Orcs of the Misty Mountains were tribes of Orcs settled in the tunnels in or under the mountains. They served Sauron early on, guarding the passes and troubling the folk of Eriador. These Orcs were also responsible for the death of Isildur and the loss of the One Ring. Later on, far from Sauron's main dominions in Dol Guldur and Mordor and without his will driving them, they seemed to have acted semi-independently, harassing the regions and peoples around them, and eventually occupying Moria.

The Orcs of Moria attacked the Fellowship of the Ring in the Battle of the Chamber of Mazarbul. Following them, a band of Orcs crossed the Nimrodel, but they were destroyed by a regiment of the Galadhrim. A company of Orcs from the Mountains joined the parties led by Uglśk and Grishnįkh in ambushing the Fellowship at Amon Hen, but were later slain at night near the eaves of Fangorn by the Rohirrim. Saruman's army of Orcs, Wargs and Dunlendings were defeated in the Battle of the Hornburg.

-RULINGS and CLARIFICATIONS-
N/A

-COMBINATIONS and SYNERGIES-

Synergy Benefits Received
Ornak - Red Flag of Fury

Synergy Benefits Offered
N/A

Last edited by Shiftrex; October 18th, 2021 at 03:55 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 10:15 AM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Workbook of Orcs of Moria - Design (Fellowship A)

The powers and stats are great for this card but I think that the points should cost at least 60+ points.

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Old July 3rd, 2020, 03:49 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Really?

https://heroscape.fandom.com/wiki/Blade_Gruts

If we compare stats to the Blade Gruts they are pretty equal and can be fielded for 5 points less, which is a slight advantage. Ability-wise though, our Orcs have a terrain dependant ability (which we know is usually weak) and a slight chance to either autowound or destroy one of their own (which we are planning to control with heroes).

When compared to the Disengage and the Bonding which allows Blade Grut to team with Grimnak or Tornak traditionally, I would say that they are slightly inferior just because of how good bonding is.

If we elevated their price point to 60+, that would put them close to heavy grits that have better stats + disengage and bonding. I'm not sure I see the argument for such a high price point. They definitely aren't on the level of Heavy Gruts, if anything I'd think they are an alternative to blade grits that functions differently. I'd come up to 40 to equal them but I'd still consider them inferior until we get their heroes and functionality as a faction more set up.
Old July 4th, 2020, 08:34 AM

MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby! MasterScaper1 rolls all skulls baby!

I see your point. I was thinking more of one player selecting a huge amount of this figures because of their low point cost, making it difficult for the heroes to combat them. Because if the cost is 35 and one player select two of them, it can easily destroy any (medium powered) unique hero. I can see them having 40-50 points, you are the designer of this card so that this in consideration.

Currently Working with the Explores of Valhalla Team.

Old July 4th, 2020, 04:41 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Easiest way to clean this up without bothering the mods would be to just rename the thread and change the OP and use the thread for Fellowship B

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 18th, 2021, 03:54 PM

Thoughts on this card? I picked it up a while ago because I helped do work on its initial design.

Immediate issue: if none of your Orcs are adjacent to eachother then you dont have to destroy 1 when you roll 1-4 with Orcish Violence. Os this a favorable interaction? Meaning that we encourage the player to spread them all out to avoid downsides?

Edit: Also, 20% Chance of penalty vs 15% chance of reward on Orcish Violence, should we equalize these?
Old October 18th, 2021, 04:59 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex
Thoughts on this card? I picked it up a while ago because I helped do work on its initial design.
There might be some concerns as they hit that mystical "less than 10 points a figure" range. They could be very deadly on their home turf, with easy access to 4 Attack on height at such a low cost. Auto-wounding could also be an issue at any size. Because auto-wounding is strong it seems fair that it's less common, plus if any heroes boost the d20 roll to keep them in line it boosts their chances with this as well.

I'm wondering why Orcish violence is limited to other Common Orcs and not just wounding any unit you control. Are orcs more civil around non-orc allies (quite possibly for all we know)? Were wound-sink heroes like Marcu an issue for that?

I'd be interested to see how they play, especially compared to similar units like Blades, Cutters, and Drow.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 18th, 2021, 07:48 PM

Really good points. Should probably reason out some of the issues here because we don't want common orcs bypassing the standard size restriction on autowounds without any kind of reason.

ORCISH VIOLENCE
After taking a turn with the Orcs of Moria, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-4, if possible you must inflict a wound to a friendly small or medium squad figure you control adjacent to an Orc Of Moria you control. If you roll an 18 or higher, you may inflict one wound on an enemy small or medium figure adjacent to an Orc of Moria you control.

I think this wording fixes all of what we were worried about? Also, I think our price point was based off blade gruts and the idea was that they would get a less reliable/slightly down side power so they should cost less to separate them from gruts more. No harm in putting them at 40 though if we all agree.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs