Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old February 22nd, 2017, 02:57 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
It looks like you've even incorporated errata to hitzone images too. (Is that correct? At the very least, I noticed Mimring).
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof
...and that new table is too cool!
Thanks! I have more plans for it. BTW, the html file is also well-formed xml and is completely stand-alone; no external files. By using base64 encoded data urls, even the font and images are embedded along with the CSS styling.
I'm glad to hear it regarding the hitzone images incorporating errata too. And 1.3MB over the wire for the new page is impressive given the number of images involved!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 25th, 2017, 11:17 AM

mistercharlie is surprisingly tart

The wife and I started playing Arena of the Planeswalkers over a year ago and have branched out to Heroscape in the past few months. We have just now started acquiring multiple copies of Common Squads.

My question is: When using multiple copies of a common squad do you have to differentiate which figures belong to which squad card, or can you just use the one squad card and then move/attack with any 3-4 of the figures that belong to the individual squads?

Sorry if this question has been asked/answered already, but I didn't feel like digging through all 868 pages of this thread.
Old February 25th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercharlie View Post
The wife and I started playing Arena of the Planeswalkers over a year ago and have branched out to Heroscape in the past few months. We have just now started acquiring multiple copies of Common Squads.

My question is: When using multiple copies of a common squad do you have to differentiate which figures belong to which squad card, or can you just use the one squad card and then move/attack with any 3-4 of the figures that belong to the individual squads?

Sorry if this question has been asked/answered already, but I didn't feel like digging through all 868 pages of this thread.
Welcome aboard. With commons, use only 1 card and activate any 3 (or how ever many in that squad).
Old February 25th, 2017, 11:37 AM

mistercharlie is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercharlie View Post

Welcome aboard. With commons, use only 1 card and activate any 3 (or how ever many in that squad).

Cool, that's what I was hoping was the case. Thanks for the quick response.

I believe tonight we are doing an Elves Vs. Marro battle, and we'll be using common squads in both.
Old February 27th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

So I've recently bought AotP: Shadows over Innistrad, and I know that my local game store still has Zendikar in stock , but I'm looking to buy the first set before that one. Does anyone know If they still sell the first master set in stores still? I didn't see it at the game store.

P.S. sorry if this should have gone in the AotP forums. I figured I might get a quicker response here.
Old February 27th, 2017, 11:03 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
It looks like you've even incorporated errata to hitzone images too. (Is that correct? At the very least, I noticed Mimring).
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof
...and that new table is too cool!
Thanks! I have more plans for it. BTW, the html file is also well-formed xml and is completely stand-alone; no external files. By using base64 encoded data urls, even the font and images are embedded along with the CSS styling.
Well formed XML!! Very nice.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 27th, 2017, 11:19 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
So I've recently bought AotP: Shadows over Innistrad, and I know that my local game store still has Zendikar in stock , but I'm looking to buy the first set before that one. Does anyone know If they still sell the first master set in stores still? I didn't see it at the game store.

P.S. sorry if this should have gone in the AotP forums. I figured I might get a quicker response here.
I would try local retailers like Target to see if they have it on clearance.

It is also on Amazon still for about $17.

https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Gatheri...+planeswalkers
Old February 27th, 2017, 11:22 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Thanky kindly very muchy.
Old March 4th, 2017, 05:38 PM

Jaur0n is surprisingly tart

If a figure takes up two or more hexes, when it moves how do you count hexes for movement? Does each part of the figure that takes up a different hex take up a movement point as you move forward or do you move normally and just make sure the figure can stop properly (level hexes and unoccupied)?

I don't have the base game but I read the AotP rulebook and it appears I just drag the other part behind the figure and only count the front (front being the direction I am moving). Is this correct?

Last edited by Jaur0n; March 4th, 2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Read something
Old March 4th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaur0n View Post
If a figure takes up two or more hexes, when it moves how do you count hexes for movement? Does each part of the figure that takes up a different hex take up a movement point as you move forward or do you move normally and just make sure the figure can stop properly (level hexes and unoccupied)?

I don't have the base game but I read the AotP rulebook and it appears I just drag the other part behind the figure and only count the front (front being the direction I am moving). Is this correct?
That is correct. The trailing part of the base needs to follow the same path as the lead. It's also important to remember that the figure must fit in each space as you move along. You can flip your double spaced figure at any point along its path to make sure it fits in the space.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 6th, 2017, 12:44 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It must fit in each space, but it does not need to be able to fit while "sliding along", just to be clear.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old March 22nd, 2017, 11:16 PM

Scaper22 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Now that heroscape is out of print, where can you buy heroscape products other than eBay and amazon?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's