Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 4th, 2018, 06:10 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: LC's Customs- Glass Golem and Scarecrow 12/03/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I honestly like her as a construct more than anything else.
Me too. Golems are golems, and this is a golem.

Here's what d20pfsrd says about glass golems:
Quote:
This jagged construct of glass has a human’s shape, save that one arm ends in a jagged hammer and another in a spike of glass.
That's the big cosmetic difference between a "giant made of glass" and a glass golem, the arm thingies (which are very apparent in this mini).
Old December 4th, 2018, 06:25 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Being a golem construct implies construction - you don’t have to “justify” her being a construct any further than the constructor just using a feminine form.
Old December 4th, 2018, 10:33 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Me too. Golems are golems, and this is a golem.

Here's what d20pfsrd says about glass golems:
Quote:
This jagged construct of glass has a human’s shape, save that one arm ends in a jagged hammer and another in a spike of glass.
That's the big cosmetic difference between a "giant made of glass" and a glass golem, the arm thingies (which are very apparent in this mini).
Quote:
Being a golem construct implies construction - you don’t have to “justify” her being a construct any further than the constructor just using a feminine form.
I am glad you guys feel that way because after some thought I think I am going to keep her as a Golem/Construct, but go with capsocrates suggestion of making her unique. It just seems like a cleaner unit that way all around. I don't think the change to her rarity will impact her point cost to any significant degree.
Old December 6th, 2018, 12:18 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: LC's Customs- Arrr... thar be Pirates here! 12/06/18

THIS IS A BRAINSTORM POST
These have not been play tested or even tested to see if the abilities will fit on the card.

Since there is synergy between them all, I posted all of them together.
Read and comment as you see fit.

Well, I went and did it. I have only been quasi-back in the game and I just bought a bunch more figures for customs. My boys were recently given a giant Pirates of the Caribbean Black Pearl ship so they are all into pirates right now. So, the loving, caring father I am, I just purchased enough pirate figs from Pathfinder Battles Skull and Shackles to make 3 pirate heroes, a pirate squad x3, and two privateer heroes.

I am basing them all on actual pirates and the privateers who captured them. The pirates are Calico Jack, Anne Bonny, and Mary Read (and their crew). The privateers who captured them are Jonathan Barnet and Jean Bonadvis.

So, my boys will get some pirates for HS and they will learn some history to boot- win/win!

I am thinking through abilities. I think as Pirates and Privateers all of them will have…

Quote:
SEA LEGS
When entering a water or swamp water space <>does not have to stop. If <> begins or ends his/her movement on a water or swamp water space, add 1 to their movement.
The three general's I think these would fit best under are Einar, Vydar, and Ullar. As long as the pirates are under one general and the privateers under another, I am open to suggestions.

I am thinking CALICO'S CREW (the squad) will have…
Human.....................Life 1
Einar .......................Move 5
Common Squad.........Range 1
Pirates......................Attack 3
Tricky.......................Defense 2

Quote:
PIRATE HERO BONDING (almost obligatory)
After revealing an order marker on this card, before taking a turn with Calico’s Crew you may first take a turn with any Unique Pirate Hero you control.
and

Quote:
KEEP TO THE CODE
If a Calico Crew figure you control is destroyed, before removing the destroyed figure you may move any other Calico Crew figures you control that are adjacent to the destroyed figure up to 3 spaces. Figures moved with Keep to the Code must end their movement unengaged with an opponent’s figure. Figures moved with keep to the Code will not receive any leaving engagement attacks.
A milder version of Scatter

For CALICO JACK I was thinking…
Human.................Life 5
Einar ...................Move 5
Unique Hero..........Range 5
Pirate...................Attack 4
Merciless...............Defense 3

Quote:
PIRATE CAPTAIN
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Calico Jack, you may first move and attack with a unique pirate hero you control.
and

Quote:
AMBUSH
If you reveal the X Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to 3 Calico Crew figures you control.
You will notice a lot of turn taking synergies here between the crew and Calico Jack. The thought behind the heavy use of them is that pirates don’t play fair and they will gang up on whoever they can in order to win. I tried to word the abilities in such a way to avoid any bonding loops.

For MARY READ
Human..............Life 5
Einar ................Move 5
Unique Hero.......Range 5
Pirate................Attack 3
Merciless............Defense 3

Quote:
BOLT AND BASH
If Mary Read inflicts 1 or more wounds on an opponent's figure that is not adjacent, but does not destroy it you may move Mary Read adjacent to that figure and roll 1 attack die. If you roll a skull, that figure receives 1 additional wound. Mary Read must be able to move adjacent to the chosen figure using normal movement in order to use Bolt and Bash.

For ANNE BONNY
Human.....................Life 5
Einar .......................Move 5
Unique Hero..............Range 1
Pirate.......................Attack 3
Merciless..................Defense 3

Quote:
BLOODLUST
For every opponent's figure Anne Bonny destroys, place a purple Experience Marker on this card. When attacking with Anne Bonny, roll one additional attack die for each Experience Marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Experience Markers can be placed on this card.
The Privateers…
JOHN BARNET
Human................Life 5
Vydar/Ullar..........Move 5
Unique Hero.........Range 1
Privateer..............Attack 4
Relentless............Defense 3

Quote:
PRIVATEER
You may add 1 to John Barnet’s movement and 1 to his attack if he can end his movement and attack any Pirate, Rogue, or Outlaw after his movement. John Barnet must attack a Pirate, Rogue, or Outlaw when moving and attacking with Privateer.
Quote:
BROADSWORD SWIPE
When attacking with John Barnet, if he inflicts 1 or more wounds on a defending figure, choose one figure adjacent to both the defending figure and John Barnet. The chosen figure receives 1 wound.
JEAN BONADVIS
Human................Life 5
Vydar/Ullar..........Move 5
Unique Hero.........Range 1
Privateer............. Attack 3
Relentless............Defense 3

Quote:
PRIVATEER
You may add 1 to Jean Bonadvis’ movement and 1 to his attack if he can end his movement and attack any Pirate, Rogue, or Outlaw after his movement. Jean Bonadvis must attack a Pirate, Rogue, or Outlaw when moving and attacking with Privateer.
Quote:
REACH 2
If an opponent’s figure is within 2 spaces of Jean Bonadvis, and its base is no more than 2 levels above Jean Bonadvis’ height or 2 levels below jean Bonadvis’ base, Jean Bonadvis may add 1 to his Range when attacking that figure.
Any thoughts? The abilities are thematic for the sculpts of the figures. I know I will have to reign it in on the abilities. There is a lot here to fit on a card since all of them will have the Sea Legs ability. Anything screaming out to you to be dropped or altered or exchanged for something else!

As far as GLASS GOLEM goes, I think she is finished so I am going to make a card for her as a Unique Hero (Lilja) and maybe submit it to the SoV.
Old December 6th, 2018, 12:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I like pirates. I have the rum and bones board games from cmon with most every expansion and the second wave kickstarter. Ill be doing a series of customs for those. Might as well since Ive already painted hundreds of them. I love that your doing historical pirates. Mine will be based off of the rum and bones abilities converted to heroscape. I look forward to what you come up with.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 6th, 2018, 03:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd be willing to help out a bit with that Trex as I also have a bunch of those Rum & Bones figures from kickstarting the game. Sadly the game doesn't get played much around these parts but I still love the minis and hope to one day paint a few of them up. Would be great if they have Heroscape cards I could use for them.
Old December 6th, 2018, 04:30 PM

THIS IS A BRAINSTORM POST
These have not been play tested.

Well, the abilities for the squad fit ok on the card.
Any thoughts on the abilities themselves?

I will be giving an initial play test for these guys, and the rest of the pirates, this weekend.
Old December 6th, 2018, 04:35 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Oh cool! I was wondering what minis you were planning to use. Those are 3/4 of the C3V's upcoming pirate squad.

Bonding is standard, and I like Keep to the Code.

I'm not too sold on Sea Legs. It's cute (I don't mean that to be derogatory at all), but it doesn't hold up thematically for me. How exactly do they move through water?

I also think 2 attack is kinda low. I think of Pirates more like Heavy Gruts than Blade Gruts, in terms of attack potential.
Old December 6th, 2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Oh cool! I was wondering what minis you were planning to use. Those are 3/4 of the C3V's upcoming pirate squad.
I was trying to steer clear of pipeline C3V figs so as not to possibly overlap abilities.
Quote:
Bonding is standard, and I like Keep to the Code.

I'm not too sold on Sea Legs. It's cute (I don't mean that to be derogatory at all), but it doesn't hold up thematically for me. How exactly do they move through water?

I also think 2 attack is kinda low. I think of Pirates more like Heavy Gruts than Blade Gruts, in terms of attack potential.
Thanks for the feedback, @TREX and @superfrog !

I fully admit Sea Legs is a shoehorned ability. I wanted something pirate-y to tie them together as seafarers so that seemed to be the lowest hanging fruit. As far as how it would work... uh, you know they kind of... when it is... for water... and such. See, it works perfectly!

As far as Attack, I typically start low and work my way up. But believe me, I certainly don't mind making them heavier on attack. I don't mind making them Heavy Grut-ish.
Old December 6th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Maybe for their water movement power, let them move through 1 water space a turn? It carries some of that flavor, in a 'hopping out of a boat and charging through the shallows' sort of way.
Old December 6th, 2018, 04:58 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

How about:
Water Sneak:
When entering a water space from a non-water space, a CALICO'S CREW figure does not have to stop movement. If a CALICO'S CREW figure begins, moves through, or ends on a WATER space, add 1 to that figure's attack and do not roll for disengagement attacks for that figure during that turn.

Solves 2 birds with one stone - adds to attack and keeps with them of pirate's that the sneak up on you from the water.

Overall like the pirate figures and Glass Golem.
Old December 6th, 2018, 05:39 PM

Thanks for commenting @Ronin and @lefton4ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
How about:
Water Sneak:
When entering a water space from a non-water space, a CALICO'S CREW figure does not have to stop movement. If a CALICO'S CREW figure begins, moves through, or ends on a WATER space, add 1 to that figure's attack and do not roll for disengagement attacks for that figure during that turn.

Solves 2 birds with one stone - adds to attack and keeps with them of pirate's that the sneak up on you from the water.

Overall like the pirate figures and Glass Golem.
I really like that! Thanks!

Here are the other figs...

Left to right:
Anne Bonny, Jean Bonadvis, John Barnet, Mary Read, Calico Jack

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards