Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 21st, 2006, 09:55 AM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
TV Show: Jericho - UN-CANCELED!!! (sort of)

So, did anyone watch this? What were your thoughts? Is it going to make it?

Slight spoilers ahead.

My response:

Yes I did watch it. I found it an intriguing concept with a lot of potential. Unfortunately, I believe that it is going to fall into a lot of the typical TV cliche's that are so prevelent. For example, the scene on the bus where Jake saves the girl was completely unnecessary, unrealistic in its execution, and very stereotypical for TV. Any elements that it gave us concerning Jake's past/capabilities could have been brought out in a better manner. Also, and this is a minor point, you cannot see the Rocky mountains from the state of Kansas. I am afraid that it will not deal with the crises in an honest manner, but instead attempt to sensationalize the situation for ratings. I already see that occuring in the previews for next week. I give the show about 6 weeks if things don't improve. Most of that will be because of the excellent abilities of Gerald McRaney.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV