Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 11th, 2010, 03:56 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Eastern PA Scapers NHSD Event

I know that I told some of you that I was out of the tournament directing scene, but like Brett Farvre I changed my mind.

I also know that NHSD is on the 16th, but due to some conflicts, I will not be able to host an event on that date, so we are having our event on the 23rd as a kind of wrap up to NHSD. I believe that others are planning on hosting an event on the "official" date of the 16th so hopefully this doesn't interfere with anyone else's plans. If you can only make one event and wish to play on the "official" date, that is more than fine with me, but if you can make ours, we can assure you a good time .

Peteparkerh and I have come up with a new venue for our events. It is a comic/collectibles shop located approx. 10 minutes from our old location.

1 up Collectibles
516 Penn Avenue
West Reading PA.

There is a large parking lot across the street from the store that is plenty big enough for everyone. There is on street parking as well, but it has a 2 hour time limit.

Here are the other specifics for the tournament:

Date: Oct. 23, 2010

Time: Setup begins at 11:00am, begin rolling dice at 12:00, tourny ends at 5:00pm, distribution of prizes immediately thereafter.

Number of Participants:
We are going to be limiting our event to 24 players so if you plan on attending, get your space now before it fills up.

What to Bring:
Figures, their cards, dice, wound markers, and order markers

Army Construction:
450 points, General Specific (your entire army must come from one general only).
24 space start zone.
At least half of your army (225 pts.) must consist of unique figures (Squads or Heroes. Uncommon heroes will count toward this purpose)
Under no circumstances should there be less than 225 points of unique figures in your army.

Tournament Format:
There will be no time limit for the matches, we will be utilizing the "Rolling Rumble" format. Click the link for complete breakdown of how it works.

Fee:
$5 per participant will be collected which will be put toward gift certificates that can be used at 1 up Collectibles (these prizes are in addition to any sponsorship that we hope to get from WoTC or anyone else for NHSD). At the moment, the store does not sell Heroscape items, but the owner has already expressed that he would be willing to carry Scape if there is enough interest. He has asked us already what he should carry, so there may be some Scape there in addition to a lot of cool collectibles, comics and some games as well.

Food:
Because of the rolling rumble format, we will not be taking any extended breaks for food. However, the store is located within walking distance of a number of restaurants where you can quickly get food if you choose (this only hurts you as you get to play less Scape in the rolling rumble format).

Maps:
We are going to need 14 maps for this event. If you are willing to provide maps for the event please let me know.

Maps Being Used and Who is Providing Them.

Maps that can be found on the BoV display thread.
1. Turret Rocks (Spidysox)
2. Fire Isles (Tom)
3. Ice Blossom (Duker)
4. Elswin Plateau (Spidysox)
5. Ticalla Sunrise (Spidysox)
6. Quasatch Playground

Maps that are pending acceptance
7. Jotun's Gap (Peteparkerh)

Maps that can be found in Dingnan's Map thread
8. Trailblazer (Tom)
9. Warden
10. In the Shadow of the Hive
11. Schewerpunk (Peteparkerh)

Maps that can be found in Mad Wookie's Map thread.
11. Noctis
12. Nexus (Tom)
13. Vulcan (Peteparkerh)
14. Vorago
15. Blindgate

Confirmed Attendees:
1. Spidysox
2. Peteparkerh
3. Tom
4. Duker
5. Einar's Puppy
6. Grunttactics
7. The Sleeper
8. Northgate
9. Justine
10. Mecherath
11. Rojer
12. Jakall
13. Civil War Dude
14. Lil' Miss Pete
15. Bluestar
16. Alejandro MJQ10

Possible Attendees:
1. Arcus
2. Mikelizzio
3. Sensei of Samurai
4. Nightswipe

Please Post in the thread and let me know if you plan to attend or not. Remember, we are limiting the event to 24 players. I realize that this is very far in advance and that many of you won't know for sure if you can attend or not, but the sooner you can reserve your spot the better. Our goal is to fill all 24 spots so if you can commit please do.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Last edited by spidysox; October 22nd, 2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old August 11th, 2010, 05:34 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Eastern PA Scapers NHSD Event

Knew you couldn't stay away forever.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:08 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is great news. I am glad to see you changed your mind about hosting tournaments and I really hope I can make this event. The 16th definitely wouldn't have worked for me, so the 9th or 23rd has a much better chance for me to attend. Keep us posted on any information you have and I will gladly help in any way I can.
Old August 12th, 2010, 06:36 AM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

23rd is the date, put it in the books!

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can't commit right now due to Xanth's football schedule. I'll know more once the actual game schedule comes out.

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!" Welcome back into the fold Spidy.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 12th, 2010, 11:44 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm going to be in soccer hell at that point - three kids in soccer, each at a different time on Saturdays - but I'm going to try to make this one if I can.
Old August 12th, 2010, 12:43 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I can't commit right now due to Xanth's football schedule. I'll know more once the actual game schedule comes out.
Why do I find it so funny that Xanth plays football? I guess it must be his height...I really can't imagine a little kid like that running around in shoulder pads. =P

On topic now: I like this idea of the week after NHSD. I also like the idea of having a tournament be within two hours of me for the first time in like a year. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have planned armies wise and format wise.
Old August 12th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
If you can't make both events than choose the one that works best for you. A day of scape is a day of . . .
*NIRVANA*

...lol... whooohooo - Just checking in and looking forward to some H'scaping this Fall. I might even be able to make both of them, since I know already that the 9th would not work, being a holiday weekend - Mrs. G. usually has plans when we get an extra day off.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:13 PM

I recently recieved a pm from Kalislord. He is planning on sending back the "Golden Deathwalker" so it could be up for grabs again at this event.

Peteparkerh and I will be getting together this weekend and we will come up with the format for this event.

Old August 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM

Updated the first post with the location. Event specifics soon to come.

Old August 15th, 2010, 09:31 AM

Duker Woo who?

Wow this place is literally 5 mins from my college. I'll make every effort to be there but I can't be sure until closer to the date. Can't wait!
Old August 15th, 2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duker View Post
Wow this place is literally 5 mins from my college. I'll make every effort to be there but I can't be sure until closer to the date. Can't wait!
Well we certainly hope that you can attend!

I have updated the first post with the tournament info. Check it out!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day