Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 17th, 2022, 05:22 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Foggy Nelson - Public Playtesting

When you do the math like that, yeah I wouldn't see a problem with it either.
Old April 18th, 2022, 09:55 AM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Honestly I know people had concerns about handing out such a "high level" effect like an extra OM on such a "low level" character like Foggy, so if that aspect of the design isn't singing I don't think we need to fight to keep it.

Does something like this strike your fancy? It still allows you to get 2 "X" OMs on your Matt, but asks you to fight for it a bit more. I also think it's useful with almost any permutation of Matts we have so far. Civie Matt ovbviously likes the X OM, and Daredevil I obviously likes the Criminal tag. But even with Daredevil II, you can just toss the X on Foggy's card to get the initiative boost and potentially deprive the enemy of their X.
Quote:
NELSON AND MURDOCK
If there is at least one Order Marker on this Army Card and one Order Marker on the Army Card of a Matt Murdock you control, you may add 4 to your initiative roll.

CRIMINAL DISCOVERY
If you win initiative, you may look at an unrevealed Order Marker at random from any opponent's Army Card. If it is an "X" Order Marker, you may either:
-place that Order Marker on a Matt Murdock Army Card you control. At the end of the round, all Order Markers moved by this special power return to the player who controlled the Order Markers before they were moved.
-consider all figures for the chosen card to have the Class of Criminal in addition to what is listed on the card.

I made some changes to Mr. Nobody's proposed language.

NELSON AND MURDOCK
If there is at least one Order Marker on this Army Card and one Order Marker on an Army Card you control that has the identity of Matt Murdock, you may add 4 to your initiative roll.

CRIMINAL DISCOVERY
If you won initiative this round, you may immediately choose an unrevealed Order Marker on any Army Card that an opponent controls. That opponent must then allow you to view the chosen Order Marker. If it is an "X" Order Marker, you may either:
-place that Order Marker on a Matt Murdock Army Card you control, or
-for this round, consider all figures for the chosen Army Card to have the Class of Criminal in addition to what is listed on the card. At the end of the round, all Order Markers moved by this special power return to the player who controlled the Order Markers before they were moved.
Old April 18th, 2022, 04:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I had some concerns when Nobody floated the idea, but seeing it all written out like that, I dig it. Mostly ....

The one flaw, I think, is that unless you know the enemy as a good use for the "X", the risk reward of placing your X on Foggy in order to try to get a new X is a bit off. And if you're using Matt Murdock (and I'm assuming you would) there's no way I'm not putting the "X" on him for Public Defender.

How about Nelson and Murdock adds 1 to your initiative roll for each Order Marker on Foggy's or Matt's Army Card? That way the bonus is still available, but there's not so much "X" tension?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2022, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I had some concerns when Nobody floated the idea, but seeing it all written out like that, I dig it. Mostly ....

The one flaw, I think, is that unless you know the enemy as a good use for the "X", the risk reward of placing your X on Foggy in order to try to get a new X is a bit off. And if you're using Matt Murdock (and I'm assuming you would) there's no way I'm not putting the "X" on him for Public Defender.

How about Nelson and Murdock adds 1 to your initiative roll for each Order Marker on Foggy's or Matt's Army Card? That way the bonus is still available, but there's not so much "X" tension?

If we do that, don't we end up back where we are at right now though, with Matt Murdock taking on double X's? Or do think the work needed to do so enough to keep it competitive and not overbearing?
Old April 24th, 2022, 04:25 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, my thinking was that requiring at least one OM on Foggy was the “cost” to earn the boost. If you can gain the boost from OM dumping on Matt I’m probably never putting anything on Foggy, so the power seems a little silly?

Maybe something to feel out in playtesting though?
Old April 24th, 2022, 04:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The more I think about it, the more I think it works as-is, yeah. You just won't bother putting an Order Marker on Foggy until Matt is out of the picture. You'll just hope to win initiative naturally to double up on "X" Markers on Matt. And then when Matt switches to Daredevil, you'll go for the initiative boost and the Criminal classing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 25th, 2022, 09:31 AM

I've updated the SP and plan on running playtests with the new version, hopefully this weekend.
Old April 25th, 2022, 09:33 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Can we get the initial and all the other tests linked to the OP?
Old May 21st, 2022, 01:17 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Foggy Nelson

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .

- What should be the unit's point value? 10-30?
- Give a brief overview. It was neat to see Oracle get her 'X' pretty consistently shut down here but Foggy's team didn't have enough utility or offensive power to finish off the other team.
Map: X Marks the Spot
Units: Foggy, Matt Murdock, Daredevil II, Elongated Man, Detective Chimp, Stick, Shang-Chi (1,000) vs Red Arrow, Green Arrow (Ollie), Green Arrow (Connor), Black Canary I, Huntress, Robin (Dick) Oracle (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 20
- Give a brief overview. Foggy didn't do as much in this match but still was useful for the initiative boost if nothing else. It was pretty powerful using Matt as OM protection for She-Hulk but ultimately neither Matt or Foggy had a huge impact on this one though Foggy did basically make it so that his team won initiative all but once.
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Foggy, Murdock, Daredevil I, She-Hulk (Avengers), Detective Chimp (800) vs Nebula, Batroc, Silver Samurai, 2xMadripoor Mercs (800)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Foggy is useful if not very impactful overall. I feel like he could come down a hair in points. He feels pretty comparable to Bob, Agent of Hydra in amount of impact so I think I'd go with 20 points here.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Him being able to kype the 'X' after winning initiative can really disrupt your opponent's plans and make them think about where to place their markers more which is neat but his largest impact is really that initiative boost I think.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 02:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Foggy Nelson

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.

- What should be the unit's point value? 30

Map: City Park
Units: Foggy(30), Matt Murdock(80), Daredevil(180), Black Canary(190), Green Arrow(150), Robin(100), Catgirl(60) vs Wrecking Crew( 800) & Skrull Infiltrator
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 30

Map: City Park
Units: Foggy(30), Daredevil(180), Robin(100), Captain America(240), Bucky(60) vs Wrecker, Pildriver, Thunderball (610)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Seemed pretty decent for the points. Really hard to assess these low point figures.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Foggy is happy to help from the back and that is just fine.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 02:44 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If the LD is happy, Pre-Yea for Final Editing.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 06:31 PM

Thanks for the playtests! I'll get these linked tonight. I ran a couple as well, but never got around to posting them. I'm curious as to others thoughts on dropping his points to 20? In my tests I found it pretty tough to get the Criminal bonus going, so the big thing to me is to just leverage the Initiative boost and attempting an X Theft, then figuring out how to get the OM off of Foggy after doing so or putting him in an Army that can still take advantage of the OM on him. Aside from the playtests posted with She Hulk Avengers, I've come up with Hawkeye Avengers, Iron Man Avengers, Doctor Strange Avengers, and Nick Fury MCU as being solid possibilities.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library