Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 23rd, 2020, 10:09 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Smile Heroscape Tournament at Lodge Con, Feb 8 in Peotone, IL

Hello scapers of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, and anywhere else who wants to come!

Short notice on this one, but just recently I was invited to run a Heroscape tournament at Lodge Con on Saturday, Feb 8. It will take place in Peotone, IL, which is south of Chicago (about halfway to Kankakee off Highway 57 if that helps, otherwise just google it.) It will be held at the Will County Fair Atrium. Facebook lists the address at 710 S West St.

This time we're going to let the armies get a bit bigger with a 600-point and 24-hex limit. No marvel or customs, just classic 'scape. Rounds will run a little longer to compensate: we'll begin at 1pm and finish by 6pm, running 4 rounds in all.

Sorry I don't have a link to event sign-up yet (still waiting to hear back from the Lodge Con director) but I will post it here as soon as it's ready. You can find more info on the con here: https://warhorn.net/events/lodge-con-2020. A Saturday-only badge is $15 but there's no extra fee to participate in any of the events.

I have asked them to allow for 16 participants but I can only bring 6 maps myself, so if attendance is high I may ask some of you to bring a map or two to help out. These are the maps I am bringing:
Fire Isles (1 RotV, 1 Lava) with 2 random power glyphs
Embattled Fen (1 SotM, 1 Castle) with permanant Wound Glyph
Quasatch Playground (1 RotV, 2 TJ) with 2 random power glyphs
Blackroot (1 SotM, 2 Road) with 2 random treasure glyphs
Athwart (1 RotV, 1 Tundra) with 2 permanant Move Glyphs and 2 random power glyphs
Corridor (1 BftU, 1 Castle) with 4 random treasure glyphs

Power Glyphs Pool: Lodin (+1 d20), Dagmar (+8 initiative), Gerda (+1 defense), Kelda (healer), Ulaniva (+1 unique attack), Oreld (intercept order), Nilrend* (modified negation)
Treasure Glyphs Pool: Heroic Rune (+1 attack), Talisman of Defense (+1 defense), Brooch of Shielding (disengage), Chest of Brandar** (evil eye defense), Whetstone of Venom (single-use poison), Ring of Protection (single-use +3 defense), Elixir of Speed (single-use +4 speed), Potion of Healing (single-use heal 3 wounds)

*Modified Nilrend: Instead of negating a figure permanently, only for the next round. Roll every round like the wound glyph. Can target any unique/uncommon hero.
**Same as Gurei-Oni's ability

Treasure glyphs will be flipped over at the beginning as per power glyphs. There is no d20 roll to pick them up.

I will also be bringing some pre-built 600-point armies and extra sets of dice/tokens so that walk-ons can participate. I'll be hosting an informal learn-to-play tutorial 30 min before the tournament starts if you haven't played for a long time and need a refresher.

Prizes!
My wife is doing some repaints of popular master set figures. Here is what she has finished so far:

Let me know if you have any questions and tell your friends!

Attendance

Definite (8):
Myself (I will participate if and only if we have an odd number of participants)
jetjake
Jeff & Emma
Arrow_Grut
boromir96
jexik +1

Maybe (4+):
vminer
vegietarian18
Russ and/or Bernard
Walk-ons will be welcome and encouraged!

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.

Last edited by Clarissimus; February 8th, 2020 at 07:34 AM.
Old January 26th, 2020, 06:09 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape Tournament at Lodge Con, Feb 8 in Peotone, IL

Put me down as a maybe. 2.5 or less hours depending on my launch site! Lemme know if you need maps, I think I have lava and RotV x1 at college.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old January 26th, 2020, 10:13 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Put me and Samuel as maybes. I can definitely bring a map or two if needed.

Tournament Record:124-50 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old January 26th, 2020, 10:36 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

My dad isn't able to go this time. I am a maybe for now!
Old January 27th, 2020, 10:27 AM

jetjake knows what's in an order marker jetjake knows what's in an order marker

Wow, there is still life in midwest Heroscape! About 2.5 hrs for me due to lots of country roads. Let me check with the family events.
Old January 27th, 2020, 06:28 PM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@coachmuskie @kevindola @infectedsloth @briaka @legoboy @jdtenor @Arch-vile @TinyTim77 @vminer @OrcElfArmyOne @shadowducky106

Old January 27th, 2020, 11:30 PM

jetjake knows what's in an order marker jetjake knows what's in an order marker

Alright, I’m a Yes. Is this just classic HS? I sure hope we are not playing at 8am.

boromir96. Samuel, & vegietarian18 I could car pool with the family truckster if you are going.
Old January 28th, 2020, 12:38 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjake View Post
Alright, I’m a Yes. Is this just classic HS? I sure hope we are not playing at 8am.
Yep, it's just classic 'scape. No marvel, no customs.

We will be starting at 1pm so no need to get up super early in the morning.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old January 28th, 2020, 08:16 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

too short of notice for me. If you are thinking of running it next year, I should be able to rustle up a couple of people and make the drive.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old January 28th, 2020, 09:08 PM

Sorry about the short notice, we only got invited to this con a week ago or so. I will be sure to give more notice next year (if we are able to do it next year).

Do NOT click this link.
Old January 29th, 2020, 11:26 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
Sorry about the short notice, we only got invited to this con a week ago or so. I will be sure to give more notice next year (if we are able to do it next year).
No problem! Just wanted to let you know for the future that we can work with it! Hope it happens next year.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old February 1st, 2020, 11:44 AM

Samuel can’t make it, I’m planning on being there as long as we get at least 6 or so.

Can I suggest Fire Isles as an alternative to Hot Heights? I know the overall feedback on Hot Heights was pretty negative at Polar Vortex. It really encourages podding on the hill closest to your start zone.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events