Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old June 22nd, 2019, 01:22 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
The Book of "Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite"

Arena of the Valkyrie Master Set

Printer-Friendly PDF

VALKRILL
Velkhor
Demon
Unique Hero
Darklord
Tormenting
Medium 5

LIFE 5
MOVE 6
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 3

POINTS 110

FRAILTY AURA
When an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Velkhor rolls defense dice against a normal or special attack, if two or more shields are rolled, subtract one from the number of shields rolled.

DEMON'S VULNERABILITY SPIRIT 2
When Velkhor is destroyed, place this figure on any unique army card. Velkhor’s spirit subtracts 2 from the defense value on that army card.

STEALTH FLYING

The figure used for this unit is Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite from Arena of the Planeswalkers Battle for Zendikar.

Editing: complete.

Playtesting: Test 1 (Captain Stupendous)
Test 2 (All Your Pie)
Test 3 (All Your Pie)
Test 4 (Captain Stupendous)
Test 5 (Captain Stupendous)

Character Bio: TBA

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Quote:
Q: If an opponent's Warforged Soldier rolls one shield for defense on its two dice, is it affected by Frailty Aura?
A: Yes. Warforged Resolve adds one shield to the roll, so effectively two shields are rolled. Frailty Aura would remove one of them.

Q: If an opponent's Sentinel of Jandar rolls one shield for defense, is it affected by Frailty Aura?
A: No. The Sentinel only rolled a single shield, even though it blocks two hits. Similarly, if the Sentinel rolled two shields, one would be removed by Frailty Aura, which would reduce the roll from four blocks (from two shields) to two blocks (from one shield).
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
TBA

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
TBA

Last edited by Astroking112; October 8th, 2022 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Updated mini pic
Old June 22nd, 2019, 01:21 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Design

An idea from the discord was a warlord with a Melee Attack aura, IIRC.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 01:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Yep!

I suggested a ProtoKyrie design, and a Demon Warlord of some sort is also a good option.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 03:07 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
An idea from the discord was a warlord with a Melee Attack aura, IIRC.
I like both of those ideas. Would that be for any melee unit? Or Would there be other stipulations?

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old June 22nd, 2019, 03:21 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Probably just exactly Finn's ability.
Old June 22nd, 2019, 11:04 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
Since he’s been voted in to the next pod, I’ll throw my thoughts for Ob Nixilis here.

Atrixus
Valkrill

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Demon
Unique Hero
Darklord (maybe???)
Tormenting
Medium 5

Misfortune Aura
Whenever an opponent’s figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Atrixus rolls defense dice, you may force them to re-roll all dice once.

Flying

I like having this guy be some kind of cheerleader, especially since we aren’t going with a Kyrie Warrior for Avacyn.
Here's the rough design draft I posted in the Pre-Brainstorming thread a while back. This doesn't have to be our direction, but in general I'm not a fan of the warlord suggestion. If we're going Demon, I would much rather make a Darklord for the Badru than another Warlord for the Romans. Attack Aura is also not a power that would come into play much within the master set itself, as it's quite hard to set up between units that don't bond with each other. Having that be the entire point of the card might make a decent bonding unit but won't give us something that's playable in this set.

The kyrie suggestion is interesting, but I would rather the unit not bond at all if we go that route. Additionally, I think Kyrie would be fine as a race--Azazel from C3V already establishes that corrupted or evil Kyrie can look pretty messed up, so I don't think we would need to tack something on to the species to explain it.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 03:30 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

For my 2 cents, him having a tail rules out Kyrie entirely.
Old June 23rd, 2019, 10:32 AM

Okay, I like that one a lot. Misfortune aura is good, as is Darklord. Could make him relentless, as well. Re-rolling dice with the DKs sounds really good.

I’m ambivalent on Kyrie/Demon. I could see him as a corrupted Kyrie, but if it trips other people enough it’s simple enough to make him a demon.
Old June 24th, 2019, 11:50 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Ditto to @Pumpkin_King and therefore @All Your Pie - like negative aura and making Relentless Darklord for Wolf synergy.

I think for a spirit it would be cool if it was a "Negative" spirit you put on opponent. It would go well thematically with a negative aura. Can't think of a good name though.
Quote:
[DEFEATED] ATTACK SPIRIT 1
When [ON] is destroyed, you may place this figure on any Unique Army Card. [ON]’s Spirit subtracts 1 from the normal attack number on that card.

Last edited by lefton4ya; June 24th, 2019 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added "...you may." as is optional
Old June 24th, 2019, 12:08 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Ditto to @Pumpkin_King and therefore @All Your Pie - like negative aura and making Relentless Darklord for Wolf synergy.

I think for a spirit it would be cool if it was a "Negative" spirit you put on opponent. It would go well thematically with a negative aura. Can't think of a good name though.
Quote:
When [ON] is destroyed, you may place this figure on any Unique Army Card. [ON]’s Spirit subtracts 1 from the normal attack number on that card.
For a negative spirit, I think the name "Cursed Attack Spirit" could work, or some variation thereof.
Old June 24th, 2019, 12:22 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

Quote:
I like this. Gives him the feel of evil Finn and Thorgrim rolled into one.

Long live heroscape
Old June 24th, 2019, 02:44 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’m ambivalent on adding in a negative spirit power. It’s a cool mechanic and implementation, but if we’re already using a fairly potent cheerleading ability than it may be a bit much. It does force some decision-making on the opponent’s part, though, which I kind of like.

For a name, something like Weakness Spirit or Weakening Curse would work.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs