Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old August 16th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

I have heard nothing but good things about the Ender 3.
Hyground tiles bought one.
Old August 16th, 2018, 03:52 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
This thread has me contemplating getting a 3d printer! How do you think these would turn out with a cheap one like the Ender 3?
Im part of a few different tabletop 3d printing facebook groups and have seen many a good mini from ender 3 machines. The bottom line is getting it set up well and getting the correct settings put in. Ive thought about buying a second printer and have considered the ender 3. I really love my snapmaker and may buy another one of those with a bigger print bed in the future to add to my current machine. If your a big tabletop gamer you wont regret it. I find that printing terrain is more satisfying compared to minis though. Ultimately it is super fun.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 16th, 2018, 04:03 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Im part of a few different tabletop 3d printing facebook groups and have seen many a good mini from ender 3 machines. The bottom line is getting it set up well and getting the correct settings put in. Ive thought about buying a second printer and have considered the ender 3. I really love my snapmaker and may buy another one of those with a bigger print bed in the future to add to my current machine. If your a big tabletop gamer you wont regret it. I find that printing terrain is more satisfying compared to minis though. Ultimately it is super fun.
I would probably make terrain, too. I doubt I’m ever gonna play an official game, just casual stuff. I’ve been expanding my collection little by little but it adds up. If I could make passable minis with a $200 machine it would cut costs considerably, at least by half to get everything I’m looking for. Plus I could make tiles like you said. Definitely would be so much easier than tracking down expensive sets for some lava or snow tiles.

This is all good news though, sounds like that printer will definitely work for what I need. From what I read careful building and calibration are key so I’m sure it’s just a matter of practice. Good stuf!
Old August 16th, 2018, 09:41 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Ender 3 ordered! I apologize in advance for all of the questions I’ll soon be asking
Old August 17th, 2018, 12:54 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
Ender 3 ordered! I apologize in advance for all of the questions I’ll soon be asking
Im not a pro at the ender 3, but will try to help. I personally advise that you join a desktop miniatures printing facebook group. Questions get answered all the time on there and can give you specific answers and settings to your exact machine by peeps that have that machine.

Old August 19th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
@White Knight is there any way I can help you with this project. Its really great and would love to try to clean up some of the details on some of the lower poly models. Ive been getting wrecked by my UC lately but plan on posting up some of the cool stuff from this thread that Ive printed.
I have files for the D2 and D3 models that I haven't posted yet. D2 is probably half-way done, but the rest are raw scans that include the backgrounds and often have little holes or attached material and need to be edited. I use Blender to modify them and give them bases.

I also have some higher resolution raw scans of some of the other classic figures. For Hexscape, we scanned the figures, reduced the resolution of the models to make them faster to load, and then fixed up the holes and issues. For the scans I made, I still have the original higher resolution scans. But they still have and holes and issues and need to be fixed. I don't have the original scans for those done by Kinseth and others, and they are no longer available by Autodesk.

Also, since they are 123D Catch/Remake scans, even the higher resolution files are still fairly low resolution. They work for me, but I know a lot of people would not be satisfied with them. Maybe someday someone with a laser scanner will come along with better files...

If you want to help edit them, I can give you the links of the scan files.
Old August 19th, 2018, 10:47 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
@White Knight is there any way I can help you with this project. Its really great and would love to try to clean up some of the details on some of the lower poly models. Ive been getting wrecked by my UC lately but plan on posting up some of the cool stuff from this thread that Ive printed.
I have files for the D2 and D3 models that I haven't posted yet. D2 is probably half-way done, but the rest are raw scans that include the backgrounds and often have little holes or attached material and need to be edited. I use Blender to modify them and give them bases.

I also have some higher resolution raw scans of some of the other classic figures. For Hexscape, we scanned the figures, reduced the resolution of the models to make them faster to load, and then fixed up the holes and issues. For the scans I made, I still have the original higher resolution scans. But they still have and holes and issues and need to be fixed. I don't have the original scans for those done by Kinseth and others, and they are no longer available by Autodesk.

Also, since they are 123D Catch/Remake scans, even the higher resolution files are still fairly low resolution. They work for me, but I know a lot of people would not be satisfied with them. Maybe someday someone with a laser scanner will come along with better files...

If you want to help edit them, I can give you the links of the scan files.
That would be cool. I have a brother that knows blender pretty well and is teaching me as well. He would also want to help with this.

Old August 20th, 2018, 11:16 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

@TREX ,

Most of the raw scan files are here:

DELETED (not necessary now that all the files are cleaned and on Thingiverse)

Note that "Base Single Heroscape.obj" is a clean single base file and "Base Double Small.obj" is a clean small peanut base. I scale the figures to the match the clean base, cut off the scanned base, and merge the figure with the clean base to make a completed figure. I have the large peanut base as well if needed.

Also note that D2, D3, and C3V files have unique base sizes. I measured all the bases, so I can tell you what size they are supposed to be.

Let me know which ones you decide to work on so that I don't duplicate the effort.

Last edited by White Knight; October 27th, 2022 at 12:09 PM.
Old August 20th, 2018, 03:43 PM
"like" happy

Ok. Sounds good. Ill keep you posted on anything I can get to.

Old August 20th, 2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Added a second folder of raw scans to the post above. I just found them.
Old August 20th, 2018, 08:55 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Added a second folder of raw scans to the post above. I just found them.
Awesome. I'll get word to my bro on these and we shall see what we can do to help. This is a very exciting project for the longevity of heroscape. Not to mention the other things you can do, like giant blade gruts. I'm painting my set of them soon and ill post them up.

Old August 23rd, 2018, 11:58 PM
"like" happy

I'm going to try my hand at starting with the zombie Hulk WK. It looks like you cut a bit from his file already but it looks like an easy one to start using my newfound skills on. I am almost finished with it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing