Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 8th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flash_19's Maps & Scenarios

I'm not too worried about that choke-point with the new pillar. It was already a chokepoint because the space used to be lava, and you can only very slightly move through that more easily than a pillar. It's just more noticeable now. Overall I think your changes are probably good. I'll admit that I have a very mild preference for the original version, but that might be due to some kind of weird attachment, because I have absolutely no good reason to mildly prefer it.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 8th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I'll admit that I have a very mild preference for the original version, but that might be due to some kind of weird attachment, because I have absolutely no good reason to mildly prefer it.
My thoughts EXACTLY! Lol I was thinking that and can’t put my finger on it. I think part of it may be the aesthetics. I think without that extra pillar it makes it look a little “better” for some reason.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 9th, 2018, 02:07 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@Flash_19 you of course can make the decision on how to proceed, but the more I keep looking at it, the more I prefer the original version if Renoc Ruins. I think it’s really just that pillar you added. I liked it better without it. You could keep the other changes, but I do definitely like it better without the extra pillar. I think you’ve designed the map well enough that Melee shouldn’t have a problem charging across to Contest the opponent...and the defense glyph will definitely help with that. Your call, it’s just I can’t stop thinking about it hah...weird right?!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 9th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
@Flash_19 you of course can make the decision on how to proceed, but the more I keep looking at it, the more I prefer the original version if Renoc Ruins. I think it’s really just that pillar you added. I liked it better without it. You could keep the other changes, but I do definitely like it better without the extra pillar. I think you’ve designed the map well enough that Melee shouldn’t have a problem charging across to Contest the opponent...and the defense glyph will definitely help with that. Your call, it’s just I can’t stop thinking about it hah...weird right?!
Haha I hope you haven't lost any sleep over it. Thanks for your feedback.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 9th, 2018, 03:59 PM

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I'm not too worried about that choke-point with the new pillar. It was already a chokepoint because the space used to be lava, and you can only very slightly move through that more easily than a pillar. It's just more noticeable now. Overall I think your changes are probably good. I'll admit that I have a very mild preference for the original version, but that might be due to some kind of weird attachment, because I have absolutely no good reason to mildly prefer it.
Haha thanks.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 20th, 2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

Jandar's Summoning Circle: This is one I thought about tackling myself, and this looks pretty similar to how I imagined it. Don't think I would've picked Dungeon, but it's used smartly here. Personally I don't take issue with the Summoning glyph and its location in a tournament (note to viewers it's removed from the collective top-10 image). Another solid entry.

Ruins of Rennoc: Another that was on my list to try to make. Map looks great. But I worry that some of the non-lava higher ground may be too valuable. Also not a fan of the lateral roads, since they don't help movement in the direction of the opponent.
Thanks for your thoughts! I was quite shocked honestly, that nobody had ever made a map for Jandar's Summoning Circle before (at least that I could tell). So thanks for not giving me competition for that landmark.
That map was a fun one to make.

As for Ruins of Rennoc, it might not look it from the picture, but this map is small, and troops get into the action fast. I had gotten some feedback about the interesting use of road before - and I know it's unconventional - but as I've tested it, I've liked how it's turned out. So, yeah, it is more aesthetic, and will only help with lateral movements, but with the size and flow of the map, I'm not too worried. But, we'll see with further playtesting.

Old March 20th, 2018, 07:38 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I did like the idea of the lateral road at first, but elevation changes going perpendicular to it looked like they could be tricky in places. These were all just quick impressions really, though, so playtesting is certainly more valuable than my opinion.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 2nd, 2018, 02:29 PM

New 3-Player Map, Fountains of Faramund - 4/2/18

Fountains Of Faramund
Spoiler Alert!

Old April 2nd, 2018, 02:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks cool flash. I like symmetrical 3 player maps

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 2nd, 2018, 02:47 PM

Ooo I like this map too! Maybe I’ll set this up for our 3-player game day @TREX

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old April 2nd, 2018, 03:50 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Ooo I like this map too! Maybe I’ll set this up for our 3-player game day @TREX
Sounds good.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 16th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hey Flash, before I post the maps for my tournament this Saturday, can you post an updated Jandar's Summoning Circle, suitable for use without glyphs? You know, in case you happen to have one.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios