Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 22nd, 2018, 03:24 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Flash_19's Maps & Scenarios

Yes @BiggaBullfrog you are correct...the summoning glyph here will be a major bonus for those podding armies and a huge killer for those armies dependent on certain heroes. I was just so excited about the build and the theme, I didn’t take enough time to consider that point. Simply removing the glyph will still make for a great map build.

Regarding the use of RotV twice for both submissions...yes Bigga you are correct that according to our rules for the contest RotV currently can only be used in one of the submissions. Though, this is a point I think I’ll be bringing up in our private forum for discussion.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 22nd, 2018, 05:49 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Yes @BiggaBullfrog you are correct...the summoning glyph here will be a major bonus for those podding armies and a huge killer for those armies dependent on certain heroes. I was just so excited about the build and the theme, I didn’t take enough time to consider that point. Simply removing the glyph will still make for a great map build.

Regarding the use of RotV twice for both submissions...yes Bigga you are correct that according to our rules for the contest RotV currently can only be used in one of the submissions. Though, this is a point I think I’ll be bringing up in our private forum for discussion.
Thank you so much for your feedback @Sir Heroscape and @BiggaBullfrog ! I appreciate it very much.

While part of me aches a little inside to say it, yes, I agree with you about the Summoning glyph on Jandar's Summoning Circle. It's just so thematic! But you make a solid point. I will most definitely use it in casual games though. So if it's okay, I'l leave it in the build instructions, but make a note to remove it for tournament play - dependent of course on if the map is deemed suitable for tournament play.

I will most definitely get the back stories up - thanks for the reminder.

Glad to hear you both think the glyph of Gerda could be effectively used to replace Jalgaard on Ruins of Rennoc. I will make that change.

Lastly, that was kinda a downer about the use of master sets, but it is the rules so I'll create another map to submit unless you guys decide to change that rule. But, under the current rules, I would also not be able to submit the one I don't use to a future contest, correct? So of the two, which would you say is the better submission?

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:30 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@Flash_19 feel free to submit both your maps per our change to the contest rules per this post.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:51 PM

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
@Flash_19 feel free to submit both your maps per our change to the contest rules per this post.
Sweeet!!! I think that's a great change. Thanks guys!

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 23rd, 2018, 07:49 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Darn... you're giving me a run fore my money. I'm going to have to up my game, these maps are just too good.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Darn... you're giving me a run fore my money. I'm going to have to up my game, these maps are just too good.
That's very kind of you. But I've seen one of the maps you're submitting - and I liked it a lot. So I wouldn't put it that way. It'll be fun to see all the maps and what happens!

Old February 23rd, 2018, 05:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Those both look super awesome. I especially like summoning circle . great work on these.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 23rd, 2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Those both look super awesome. I especially like summoning circle . great work on these.
Thanks Trex! You are a former ARV judge right? feel free to lay on any other feedback you might have. Bet I could guess the first one - you want me to incorporate Wannok into both of them, eh?

#justiceForFenHydras

Old March 7th, 2018, 07:30 PM

@Sir Heroscape and @BiggaBullfrog :

I've been tinkering with some changes to Ruins of Rennoc that I wanted to run past you.
(again - thanks for taking the time to repond to these requests for feedback)
Spoiler Alert!

Old March 7th, 2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post

I've been tinkering with some changes to Ruins of Rennoc that I wanted to run past you.
Spoiler Alert!
Would you mind pointing out the changes? I’m not sure I can see a difference...all I know is I liked your original a lot. Also include why you made the changes were made (cause I’d like to know if they were completely necessary.)

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 7th, 2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!
Would you mind pointing out the changes? I’m not sure I can see a difference...all I know is I liked your original a lot. Also include why you made the changes were made (cause I’d like to know if they were completely necessary.)
The changes were at the bottom of the spoiler. Unless you wanted a little more detail on why I made them. A couple were definitely aesthetic - I just thought they looked better. But the two most important ones had to do with providing a little more cover in the middle of the map (which you had hinted might be a slight concern, and I agreed after physically building the map) and improving the flow of the right side out of the start zone by getting rid of that kind of awkward single hex that seemed to hinder movement, and lifting part of the road up a level to help it be a little more useful with getting to higher ground.

Old March 7th, 2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!
The changes were at the bottom of the spoiler. Unless you wanted a little more detail on why I made them. A couple were definitely aesthetic - I just thought they looked better. But the two most important ones had to do with providing a little more cover in the middle of the map (which you had hinted might be a slight concern, and I agreed after physically building the map) and improving the flow of the right side out of the start zone by getting rid of that kind of awkward single hex that seemed to hinder movement, and lifting part of the road up a level to help it be a little more useful with getting to higher ground.
Wow haha...not sure how I missed your points at the bottom of the spoiler lol oops. That's perfect. Thanks for pointing those out.

EDIT: I like the changes. Agreed that single-hex choke point is prime real estate for camping a rat or two while shooting over the top (or another other screen/range army)...but you might be right about it not being too concerning. You might run a game or two on it as is, specifically trying to utilize that choke point in a range vs melee battle and see if it seems too advantageous for range campers. You'll be able to tell pretty quick if melee struggles to route the opponent and contest the position.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios