Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 20th, 2018, 10:49 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Flash_19's Maps: More New Stuff

Welcome to my map thread! Feel free to share any feedback you have.

Newest Maps and Recently Revised

Incursion:
Requires 1x SotM, 1x FoA,1x TJ
Redux of Invasion by LongHeroscaper

Embattled Dungeon:
Requires 2x BftU, 1x FoA
Redux of Embattled Fen by GameBear

Dominion
Requires 1x RotV, 1x FoA, 1x VW

Awakened
Requires 1x RotV, 1x FoA, 2x TT

Snare
Requires 2x M:TCB, 1x SotM, 1x TJ

Executioner
Requires 1x RotV, 1x TT

Nightblood
SCAPECON II MAP SUBMISSION
Requires 2x BftU, 1x VW, and Battlements/Ladders from FoA

Preservation
SCAPECON II MAP SUBMISSION
Requires 1x RotV, 1x TT, 1x TJ, and Battlements/Ladders from FoA

ALTERNATE AND PROBABLY BETTER VERSION
Spoiler Alert!

***** Best Maps *****

Aeon - Inducted into Wargrounds of Scape
Requires 1x RotV, 1x RttFF

Alta
Requires 2x M:TCB, 1x BftU, 1x RttFF

Ascension:
Requires 1x RotV, 1x TT

Battlefield 23 - Inducted into Wargrounds of Scape and the ARV
Requires 1 RotV, 1 FoA, 1 TJ

Backstory
Spoiler Alert!

Desolation
Requires 2x SotM, 1x TJ

Fairhaven:
Requires 1x RotV, 1x TT, 1x RttFF

Frostmire
Requires 1 SotM, 1 TT, 1 TJ

Previous Version
Spoiler Alert!

Honor
Requires 1x RotV, 1x TT, 1x FoA

Mist and Shadow:
Requires 2x BftU, 1x TT

Previous Version
Spoiler Alert!

Origin:
Requires 1x RotV

Venom:
Requires 1x RotV, 1x RttFF, 1x TJ

Other 2-Player Maps

Spoiler Alert!

Multiplayer Maps

Spoiler Alert!

Scenario and Alternate Format Maps

Spoiler Alert!

Maps for Reworking / Pile of Shame

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Flash_19; March 16th, 2024 at 08:42 PM.
Old February 20th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Flash_19's Maps & Scenarios

Would you like some help?

EDIT: make sure you have the image link and then just use the coding [img]www.imagelink.com[/img]

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 20th, 2018, 11:01 PM

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

EDIT: make sure you have the image link and then just use the coding [img]www.imagelink.com[/img]
Yes I would. Thanks. Just sent a PM to @Leaf_It asking for help. Can you link to pictures stored on google drive?
Old February 20th, 2018, 11:18 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:

Yes I would. Thanks. Just sent a PM to @Leaf_It asking for help. Can you link to pictures stored on google drive?
You can link to Google+ images...but some browsers can't see those links, so I stayed away from using them. You can use Mediafire though...that's a free online photo storage website. Just sign up there and then you can directly link the image here.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 20th, 2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can link to Google+ images...but some browsers can't see those links, so I stayed away from using them. You can use Mediafire though...that's a free online photo storage website. Just sign up there and then you can directly link the image here.
Awesome. I'll do that. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I'm excited to get some maps for the ARV contest up here!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 20th, 2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:

EDIT: I'm excited to get some maps for the ARV contest up here!
Yeah this would be a great place to post to get some feedback from the community before submitting it to the contest.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 21st, 2018, 01:10 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love that you're making three players maps. I agree that there's a significant shortage of them. Have you considered making maps with fewer terrain requirements? That first map requires 3 RotV, FotA, TT, and RttFF, which is quite a lot for one map. It would be really cool to see what you could do with more typical building constraints.
Old February 21st, 2018, 04:05 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
I love that you're making three players maps. I agree that there's a significant shortage of them. Have you considered making maps with fewer terrain requirements? That first map requires 3 RotV, FotA, TT, and RttFF, which is quite a lot for one map. It would be really cool to see what you could do with more typical building constraints.
Agreed.

To help with constraining yourself to specific sets, when you are in Virtualscape, At the top, click "Configuration", then select "Available Material". In the new Dialog menu that appears, at the bottom, hit the reset button. Then along the bottom you will see buttons for each set of terrain. Click each one once for however many of that set you would like to use. Now when you select as piece of terrain, you'll notice that there's a number of pieces you can use to tell how many you can use before you exceed the set limits. The program lets you go past these limit's, but it's helpful to see what you have available.
Old February 21st, 2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I appreciate your feedback! It's easy to get caught up in the terrain that you have and forget that other people might be more limited. So, yeah! I'll definitely see what I can do to reduce the terrain requirements. I could easily see this map reduced by 1 ROTV and 1-2 RTTFF (Using pillars instead of trees), and by switching out some of the sand tiles in the start zones.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks we need more 3 player maps.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 21st, 2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Agreed.

To help with constraining yourself to specific sets, when you are in Virtualscape, At the top, click "Configuration", then select "Available Material". In the new Dialog menu that appears, at the bottom, hit the reset button. Then along the bottom you will see buttons for each set of terrain. Click each one once for however many of that set you would like to use. Now when you select as piece of terrain, you'll notice that there's a number of pieces you can use to tell how many you can use before you exceed the set limits. The program lets you go past these limit's, but it's helpful to see what you have available.
Once again, you haven't let me down. Thanks for teaching me something else I didn't know about Virtualscape. That's a great idea.

Oh, and thanks for your response to the pm I sent earlier.

Old February 22nd, 2018, 04:05 AM

Jandar's Summoning Circle
LOVE. THIS. MAP. I'm trying to find issues with it, but I just keep finding things I love about it! So thematic, so well executed with that theme and balanced all at the same time. Both power glyphs are with 2 activations of 5 and 6 move figures. Check. The summoning glyph is SO thematic and fun, it's easily accessible and as you mentioned, that position is (with the LoS blockers) easily contested. the valda glyph will hard a charge on the hill if need be, and it just looks like a solid map. I also like the power glyphs on the edges because it'll force opponents to come off the central height to contest them if they want the bonus or if they want you off of it...and having Valda to help you rush the height will cause fits for any pod armies. No concerns here...other than maybe the freestanding 1-hex dungeon rocks. If I'm not mistaken, I they need to be attached to the side of a hex...or is that just the Ticalla Jungle expansion? @BiggaBullfrog do you know?

Oh also, please provide the backstory Would love to read where you received the inspiration for the map.

Ruins of Rennoc
I really like this map! Very cool design and I think well executed.

Couple notes:
- interesting use of road, but I like it. The map is already relatively low and short, so movement across the center is already fast, so the road provides an interesting, faster lateral movement, though I don't know how practical that will be in gameplay since the lateral movement is all on low grown (except for a couple pieces on the edges) just outside the startzone.
-The Aesthetics of this map are beautiful...I like it the more I look at it
-Jalgard (Def +2) is broken...please remove it. I doubt others will disagree. Even on lava, a temporary bonus of +2 def is just too powerful. Gerda (def +1) would do just fine and I think still accomplish what you're looking for here.
- One concern might be that range can take some good height turn one and even better height by turn 2, while also taking some nice shots at oncoming troops (due to the openness of the center), BUT I feel that the center is low enough and designed well enough to warrant quick and easy development for melee to charge up to range. You'll never have perfect cover or positioning as melee vs range...and while openness here helps range...I think melee will be able to move fast enough to be okay (and if they control the defense glyph, that also helps)
- add a backstory, would love to see where you got the inspiration for this map

Overall, very well done. I love this map!

Both maps look great, I don't see any major, blaring issues that need reworking. Just the minor glyph change for Ruins of Rennoc and I think that's really it... overall I think you've designed some solid maps.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 22nd, 2018, 02:56 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Awesome to see you sharing maps with the community Flash! They look really good for your first few; I'm impressed!

Jandar's Summoning Circle:

In response to Sir H's question, there's no special rule for building with rock outcrops, so your use of them as standalones is more than fine.

Looks like a solid and intriguing build overall. I am going to disagree about the Summoning glyph, though. I don't feel like it's a good glyph for tournament use. One concern is, as you mention, Q9. The problem here is that in two turns you can have Q9 on the highest ground surrounded by Rats on turn 2. Normally it will take Q9 three turns to get up there, on top of the turns used to screen with Rats. Even with the map using road and LoS blockers to try to mitigate that strength, that's a huge strength I would take any day. Another concern is using Greenscales and a Dragon to claim the high ground and summon Raelin to back them up. One of the few weaknesses of these pod armies is the time it takes for them to get set up, and the Summong glyph is going to get rid of that.

Another mark against the Summoning glyph in my book is how it can screw up an opponent's army. You can use it to summon their Spartacus, Kato, Kurrok, Raelin, Kantono, Master Lao Xin, etc. and completely wreck their army. So while I like the glyph thematically and think it would make for great casual/scenario play, I would advocate against its use competitively with only very rare exceptions, if any.

But beyond that, the build is really good. LoS blockers are being used really well to protect glyphs and advancing units to keep that central high ground from being the only focal point of the map. Action will be spread out and there is ample opportunity for skirmishing in addition to a tough fight for the top. I like it!

One more concern I noticed: it looks like a lot of the terrain available to you in the sets you've included is going unused, especially from the BftU. While not a huge deal, it's always nice from a tournament director's stance if the terrain is used efficiently when they're putting things together. If possible, I would look at changing the BftU into a different set and seeing if you can't get better mileage out of it, since all you need are some LoS blockers and supporting hexes. TT could work, and I think Jandar's stuff is pretty close to Thaelenk anyway IIRC, or possibly even RttFF if you can use road underneath the top layers to free up hexes to replace those that will be lost in the Start Zone. Even if you don't use all the trees/glaciers if you go that way, I feel like it will feel like a better use of the sets than just a fraction of BftU.

Ruins of Rennoc:

I really like this one. It's got some interesting pathing going on and it looks like a fun skirmish. LoS blockers are again doing a good job of segregating the map into "zones" for the action to happen in.

Like Sir H said, Jalgard is just way too good, and the lava won't balance that enough. Giving Raelin to your whole army is really strong. Gerda should be fine there in the middle.

The road is intriguing. I'm not convinced that it's being put to its best use, but the map is small enough from Start Zone to Start Zone that you don't really need its bonus there. It's definitely something I'm willing to try out.

Aesthetically it just looks great. Good job on creating this landmark from the compendium!

Side note for the maps: technically according to our by-laws, when you submit maps to the contest they need to use different master sets, and both of these use RotV, meaning they both can't be submitted together (right @Sir Heroscape ?). Which is rough because they're both really good and I'd be excited to play on both.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios