Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 27th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Thanks hahma ill be printing and laminating those later today. Did they have any for monster units as well?
I haven't looked for monster cards. At this point in our games, we only had the Giants Worm come out in the first scenario "Worm Hunts" we played as we didn't roll 16+ otherwise for monster appearance after picking up each treasure, and in the Mausoleum scenario, it started with skeletons on the board and one more came out at the end of each round, but the random roll after picking up each treasure only hit once on a 16+ to bring out a pair of wolves. So it's easy enough to have the book open to a specific creature when having to deal with it. That said, there may be a beastiery pdf out there somewhere that can be printed out, and have the monsterson pages that can be referred to easier than the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I wasn't planning on buying anything today, as I have been concentrating on terrain and stuff for Frostgrave, but darn it, she was so nice and I really want to help support my local game store. So since they had the Guild Ball Kickoff 2 player starter set, and I have really been considering Guild Ball for a while now, as the theme and low model count is attractive to me. This starter set is in plastic minis, but has 2 teams, and game boards to make up the playing field. This set is relatively new, as all their previous stuff had been metal miniatures and pricey at that. But, you might only field like 6 players on your side, so you don't need to buy dozens of them.

The next cool thing about it is that their price was the same as the discount price on Miniature Market, $62.99. But also, since it was the first game I bought from them, she gave me 10% off, so after taxes, it was like $60. They also have a rewards program that gives you $5 credit for every $100 spent.
Wow, nice score! Guild ball is a fun game, even if my only experience with it is playing a couple of solo games, and watching several games on Youtube.

After your above post, I watched a review and unboxing video, and wow, you get a lot for your money! I wasn't expecting all those nice tokens, and I certainly wasn't expecting it to come with a playing board. And what a nice board (pitch) it is! And it comes with one of the teams that I wanted to play, the Brewers!

Back when I downloaded the cards and standees for Guild Ball I though that it would be fun to assemble Guild Ball teams of Heroscape characters, basically just swapping the names and pictures on the Guild Ball cards with that of your Heroscape team. I never got around to trying it.

Anyway, I'm excited for you. I think that your are really going to like the game. I'm looking forward to you posting your pictures and your thoughts, after playing.

Here is the unboxing
-
-
-
Thanks Keglo, I have watched a lot of videos of the game over the past 5 months or so, so it certainly has been on my radar. I like that the factions play differently and there seems to be plenty of choices as a player. My buddy Chris has some of the metal ones and showed me them one time, they were awesome. One of his factions is the Hunters and he was able to do a great job painting the tartan on those minis, which to me seems like something I wouldn't be able to do at this point, and his bear with those tusk things strapped to it is really neat. We saw a bunch of them painted up at Adepticon and it was inspiring. The Kickoff set had seemed like a good deal when it came out, so I had figured that at a point I decided to jump into that system, that's what I would start with.

Thanks for sharing the video

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 27th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Thanks hahma ill be printing and laminating those later today. Did they have any for monster units as well?
Yep, also on boardgamegeek.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 27th, 2017, 08:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I decided to try to get one of my daughters to give Frostgrave a try, she's more likely than her twin to try new things. I figured it would easiest to just pick a wizard type for her, and split the warband figures I have painted between us. Since she loves bears, I gave her the Witch class because it has a spell called Animal Companion that you attempt before a game, to see if you can bring in a bear, wolf, snow leopard or ice toad. It basically becomes part of your warband for that game. I let her choose the other 2 Witch spells she wanted to start with also, and she chose Curse and Fog. I had chosen her out of school spells to make it easier for her, and chose Leap from Summoner, Bone Dart from Necromancer, Telekenesis from Enchanter, Heal from Thaumaturge and Push from Sigilist.

For mine, I figured I'd create a new one and not use the Illusionist I have already. So I chose the Elementalist, with it's Elemental Bolt, Elemental Shield and Wall spells. Out of school spells are Fleet Feet from Chromancer, Enchant Weapon from Enchanter, Raise Zombie from Necromancer, Imp from Summoner and Heal from Thaumaturge.

We each have an apprentice which knows our spells but has a -2 to each cast roll attempt, as well as having less Will,Shoot, and Health stats.

For the rest of our warbands, Morgan will have a Thief (20), Thug (20), Archer (50), Crossbowman (50), Treasure Hunter (80) and Man at Arms (80), for 300 gold. I have a Thief (20), Thug (20), Archer (50), Crossbowman (50), Infantryman (50) and Ranger (100), for 290 gold.

I set up the table on my new mat, with the terrain I have painted so far, as well as some Heroscape trees. Since the mat is 4x4 and the play area is 3x3, I didn't have anything right near the edges, which also helps keep it busier in the actual play area. This is key since I don't have much terrain like my friend Chis does, though when he places his his next order at 4Ground games, I have some cool pre-painted ruins and other bits as part of that order. He's just waiting for them to get their new Japanese thatched roof buildings in before he places the order.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of the layout. Morgan isn't feeling good tonight, we are going to a BBQ at my sister's tomorrow, and I'm going to Chicago on Monday to play The Walking Dead miniatures game, so I told Morgan that we'll just leave it setup and whenever we get to it, it's fine. It's in the basement, so I can leave it setup pretty much as long as I like.

Old May 27th, 2017, 11:17 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

@Hahma

That table is looking sweet. Looking forward to hearing how that game goes.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 28th, 2017, 02:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I finished up my first Fisher price conversion that I initially made for Heroscape:
I added a bunch of debris and a bunch of accenting and changed it up. It also has the capability to allow heroscape ladders to be hooked in. I also made a small set of scatter terrain to get my frostgrave terrain collection together. Also threw in a templar and a wizard from the reaper bones line that I painted for scale.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 28th, 2017, 02:36 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'm afraid the pics don't quite do em justice.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 28th, 2017, 07:12 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

@TREX you gotta spread these things out a bit. I still can't rep you yet.

Amazing work!
Old May 28th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

@TREX

Very awesome work there! Lots of possibilities with that. Crossbowman manning the turret and covering most of the table on overwatch, use of Teleport spell to get a treasure up there. Push spell to push someone off the top and causing massive damage. I also love the scatter terrain barrels, are those from a kit, or do they sell them at a craft store unpainted?

I'm with A3n, wish I could rep you for that.

Old May 28th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Holy crap, this is awesome!
What was the original piece, FP castle?

Where do the ladders go? How do you get to the top?
Old May 28th, 2017, 10:29 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

@TREX

That is awesome! Now I'll be constantly looking through thrift stores and garage sales for toy castles. I love the way it turned out.

I too was going to ask about the barrels.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 28th, 2017, 10:44 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hobby Lobby?
Old May 28th, 2017, 10:46 AM

Hobby Lobby has lots of cool items for terrain in the wood section. They also have something like Garden Friends that has faerie garden items with some really cool walls, bridges, buildings ect.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures