Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 26th, 2017, 10:35 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I think I might go with felt or fabric. I thought about doing a 3x3 board on foamboard, and put some kind of stone grid like a city down on it. I just didn't want it to look too uniform. I'll have to think on it a bit more. I'm going to build a bunch of terrain first then I'll get to thinking what it will be layed down on. Right now I'm just selecting a bunch of different minis for different warbands. @Hahma , are there any other races to make your warband other than Human? I think I seen dwarves and gnolls maybe? I think it would be cool to do a elven warband, orcish warband, Ones with maybe some halflings, or mixed. I'm thinking you could right? That would make my choices for minis explode. @quozl , thanks for the link, I can't wait to get back in the shop to build more cool stuff. I'll probably load all my pics into this thread when I get em done.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 26th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

You can make up your warband of any race you want TREX. They can be of all one race or mix and match. The main thing is identifying what type of character they are; thief, thug, ranger etc.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 26th, 2017, 01:16 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
You can make up your warband of any race you want TREX. They can be of all one race or mix and match. The main thing is identifying what type of character they are; thief, thug, ranger etc.
That is so epic. I can't wait to start table-ing them all. I think I'll arrange it in this order:
1. Build a mass of terrain
2. Pull a ton of figures for usuable units by unit type: Rangers, thugs, wizards, etc.
3. Have my brothers over, then have them assemble their warbands.
4. Go crazy.

I already have 2 large Fisher Price castles that are getting made over into frostgrave stuff. 1 is all but complete.(It was a piece of Heroscape terrain that didn't get used really. The other one was exactly like the other one before it got a makeover. It will be getting a make over next. It will be much more crumbly looking. I also have plans for a handful of different towers-Open and spired designs. I am putting together a handful of various crumbling walls with wall walks.
For scatter terrain I'll be making-
-Obelisks
-Statues
-Giant Crystals
-Scaffolding
-Barrels and crates
-Barricades
-Lots of various catwalks/bridges
-stalagmites/stalagtites
Accent pieces for inside my buildings will have
-mini bookcases
-mana pools(led lights inside)
-altars
-alchemy station
-candles/skulls/etc.

I also planned on making a bunch of gnarled trees, but those will wait til the other stuff is made.
I hope this list helps inspire you guys to make stuff or has given you some ideas. I have materials to make all this stuff on hand in my shop. Most of these ideas were ideas I had for scape terrain but I hated the idea of having it all have to fit on hexes.

Old May 26th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

You guys are really inspiring me with all this frost grave stuff I may have to look into it.

With the Thousands of Figures I have collected for heroscape, and the bunches of terrain stuff I have created, this seems like an easy win.

Gotta go looking for that rule book.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 26th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Can't wait to hear how it goes with your brothers, that should be a blast!

Lots of good ideas for terrain, I'll have to keep them in mind for sure. So many things to do, not enough time

I got the bear primed, but I have about 5 other figures that are nearly done and want to finish them before starting another.

Old May 26th, 2017, 06:02 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, y'all are about to make me seek out that solo campaign book. With all this talk and all those glorious pics.

Even if I have to play on something like this

Picture taken from a post on the Malifaux Facebook page that I belong to. (A Wyrd Place)

@Hahma you might be interested in joining that group too even if you have no interest in the game, as the members post some really exceptional paint jobs sometimes. You can also get terrain ideas from there too.

-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 26th, 2017, 06:36 PM
"like" happy

Can you guys re post where you got the cool reference cards.

Old May 26th, 2017, 07:52 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
You guys are really inspiring me with all this frost grave stuff I may have to look into it.

With the Thousands of Figures I have collected for heroscape, and the bunches of terrain stuff I have created, this seems like an easy win.

Gotta go looking for that rule book.
That's awesome to hear Wriggz! Look forward to hearing how it goes if you get into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Ok, y'all are about to make me seek out that solo campaign book. With all this talk and all those glorious pics.

Even if I have to play on something like this

Picture taken from a post on the Malifaux Facebook page that I belong to. (A Wyrd Place)

@Hahma you might be interested in joining that group too even if you have no interest in the game, as the members post some really exceptional paint jobs sometimes. You can also get terrain ideas from there too.

-
-
-
Thanks for the link Keglo. I'll check that out, what's one more miniatures facebook site Like you said, they do offer cool ideas that can be used for other games. My buddy Chris has some Malifaux stuff and the rulebook, and mentions about wanting to try it. But geez does he have a lot of games systems and hard to get them all assembled and painted, let alone played. In fact, today he messaged me to see if I was available on Monday, and I was thinking Frostgrave, but he heard from some buddies in Chicago that wanted to play a game of The Walking Dead miniatures game on Monday, so that they can demo it at a convention the following weekend. Well, I've been wanting to try that game since it came out, so I'm definitely going to go to Chicago and play that on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
By reference cards, do you mean the spell cards?

These are the ones I got, but there are some generic ones from Osprey publishing, as well as some fancier ones available from various places. Google Frostgrave spell cards and you will find some different types people came up with. The only problem with those, is the spell cast number for Scatter Shot is 00 on the card, and should be 12 I believe. I just wrote the correct number on it in place of the 00.

Old May 26th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Not Frostgrave related, but tabletop minis related.

I live in a small town of about 10k or so. So when a game store opened up in my town a month ago, I was really excited. The closest ones before are 30 minutes away, though, before this one, there were at least 5 game stores within 40 minutes of me. I had been too busy to check it out, until today, since I left work early and after taking care of some yard work, some other house work and playing Omen: A Reign of War Omega Edition with one of my daughters, I decided to check out that new game store.

It's smallish, but is clean, has a nice game selection, has a decent sized common gaming area and two rooms in the back with long tables for RPG's or groups that want to get away from the common area gamers. Also, the lady working there at the time, who is the co-owner with her husband, was very pleasant and nice to talk to.

I wasn't planning on buying anything today, as I have been concentrating on terrain and stuff for Frostgrave, but darn it, she was so nice and I really want to help support my local game store. So since they had the Guild Ball Kickoff 2 player starter set, and I have really been considering Guild Ball for a while now, as the theme and low model count is attractive to me. This starter set is in plastic minis, but has 2 teams, and game boards to make up the playing field. This set is relatively new, as all their previous stuff had been metal miniatures and pricey at that. But, you might only field like 6 players on your side, so you don't need to buy dozens of them.

My friend Chris has a couple teams of the metal minis for the game (of course he does ), so I know he'd be a potential player. The lady at the store said her husband is really into the game and is looking for other players. So even though I don't need another miniatures system, at least this set comes with 2 teams that are each different colored plastic (so i don't have to paint them for awhile when I can get to it), as well as all the tokens, dice, rules etc, that is needed, and I know of 2 people that would play. Kind of a win for me I guess since I had been looking into that game anyway.

The next cool thing about it is that their price was the same as the discount price on Miniature Market, $62.99. But also, since it was the first game I bought from them, she gave me 10% off, so after taxes, it was like $60. They also have a rewards program that gives you $5 credit for every $100 spent.

Here's the box

The cool thing about Steamforge Games, is that you can download the rules from their site, as well as print off paper versions of the figures, tokens and templates to take the game out for a test spin.

Anyway, at some point I will open it up and show pictures of the figures. But anyone interested can check out the link I highlighted above to check out the site, they even have Rodney Smith from How It's Played, with a video of how this is played.

Old May 26th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
By reference cards, do you mean the spell cards?

These are the ones I got, but there are some generic ones from Osprey publishing, as well as some fancier ones available from various places. Google Frostgrave spell cards and you will find some different types people came up with. The only problem with those, is the spell cast number for Scatter Shot is 00 on the card, and should be 12 I believe. I just wrote the correct number on it in place of the 00.
There's also some really nice spell cards on boardgamegeek.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 27th, 2017, 10:55 AM
"like" happy

Thanks hahma ill be printing and laminating those later today. Did they have any for monster units as well?

Old May 27th, 2017, 11:03 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I wasn't planning on buying anything today, as I have been concentrating on terrain and stuff for Frostgrave, but darn it, she was so nice and I really want to help support my local game store. So since they had the Guild Ball Kickoff 2 player starter set, and I have really been considering Guild Ball for a while now, as the theme and low model count is attractive to me. This starter set is in plastic minis, but has 2 teams, and game boards to make up the playing field. This set is relatively new, as all their previous stuff had been metal miniatures and pricey at that. But, you might only field like 6 players on your side, so you don't need to buy dozens of them.

The next cool thing about it is that their price was the same as the discount price on Miniature Market, $62.99. But also, since it was the first game I bought from them, she gave me 10% off, so after taxes, it was like $60. They also have a rewards program that gives you $5 credit for every $100 spent.
Wow, nice score! Guild ball is a fun game, even if my only experience with it is playing a couple of solo games, and watching several games on Youtube.

After your above post, I watched a review and unboxing video, and wow, you get a lot for your money! I wasn't expecting all those nice tokens, and I certainly wasn't expecting it to come with a playing board. And what a nice board (pitch) it is! And it comes with one of the teams that I wanted to play, the Brewers!

Back when I downloaded the cards and standees for Guild Ball I though that it would be fun to assemble Guild Ball teams of Heroscape characters, basically just swapping the names and pictures on the Guild Ball cards with that of your Heroscape team. I never got around to trying it.

Anyway, I'm excited for you. I think that you are really going to like the game. I'm looking forward to you posting your pictures and your thoughts, after playing.

Here is the unboxing
-
-
-

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; May 27th, 2017 at 12:09 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures