Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 25th, 2017, 11:52 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

My daughter and I are working on modding the Frostgrave concept to the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG system. I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 25th, 2017, 11:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Saw one of my favorite board game reviewers, Joel Eddy, post some pictures on the Frostgrave facebook page I subscribe to. He did a review of Frostgrave that kind of helped get it on my radar, and them my friend Chris getting into it really solidified my wanting in.

Joel's initial review:

Here are some pictures he shared on the Frostgrave Facebook page. They are of a cool setup that he had seen at a game store in Spokane, Washington.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 25th, 2017, 11:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
My daughter and I are working on modding the Frostgrave concept to the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG system. I'll let you know how it goes.
Sounds cool Q

Old May 26th, 2017, 12:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

This isn't Frostgrave, but it's another tabletop minis game that is coming out. I'm not going to buy into it, as I have too much going on with what I have now, but my buddy Jeff said he's going to buy everything that will come out for it, enough for many players. Though he wants me to paint his stuff. Oye!

Old May 26th, 2017, 12:09 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Im so pumped for this. I just about finished my first big conversion piece. It looks so cool and it still needs painting touch ups. Not having to worry about hex spaces sure opens up the imagination and ability for wow factor. That layout is so awesome looking. Im debating if I want to dust everything to look like snow or not.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 26th, 2017, 12:11 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
This isn't Frostgrave, but it's another tabletop minis game that is coming out. I'm not going to buy into it, as I have too much going on with what I have now, but my buddy Jeff said he's going to buy everything that will come out for it, enough for many players. Though he wants me to paint his stuff. Oye!

I sat down and played the video game of this on my lazy tired evening for an hour or so. I probably wont buy it either as I have too much that doesnt make it to the table. It does look cool though.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 26th, 2017, 06:28 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks @TREX and @Hahma .

I don't have the Frostgrave Folio book but I'll look into it. I only have the original rule book. I don't recall there being so many books when I was trying to get into Frostgrave.

That is one awesome table there Hahma. I would love to play on it. Someone else posted their modular board that they had built. They are supposed to do a tutorial for the next one. I'm looking forward to it. I might even give it a try if it looks doable.

http://thelostandtheverydamned.blogs...ard-1.html?m=1

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; May 26th, 2017 at 06:55 AM.
Old May 26th, 2017, 09:35 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I saw online that a lady just got a yard of canvas from a fabric shop and painted it to use for her Frostgrave "board".

There's a picture of it here: http://dmscraft.proboards.com/thread...-thread?page=4

There's a ton of awesome stuff in that thread. I also like the rubber mat board on that page where someone cut slits in it every inch so they could insert cardstock walls wherever.

Quote:
Old May 26th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Is the Mage Wars board big enough?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 26th, 2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You want 3 feet by 3 feet so the length is about right but the width is short. It would work if you say you can only carry treasure off the board on the long sides of the board.

Quote:
Old May 26th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Thanks @TREX and @Hahma .

I don't have the Frostgrave Folio book but I'll look into it. I only have the original rule book. I don't recall there being so many books when I was trying to get into Frostgrave.

That is one awesome table there Hahma. I would love to play on it. Someone else posted their modular board that they had built. They are supposed to do a tutorial for the next one. I'm looking forward to it. I might even give it a try if it looks doable.

http://thelostandtheverydamned.blogs...ard-1.html?m=1

I saw that one too Keglo. That's some skill there. I don't have that kind of skill, thus my game mat

Quote:
I saw online that a lady just got a yard of canvas from a fabric shop and painted it to use for her Frostgrave "board".

There's a picture of it here: http://dmscraft.proboards.com/thread...-thread?page=4

There's a ton of awesome stuff in that thread. I also like the rubber mat board on that page where someone cut slits in it every inch so they could insert cardstock walls wherever.
Nice find Q! Fabric is cheaper for sure. I got a green piece of felt that is a little bigger than my 6x4 game table for around $13. I use it for bigger games of Halo Ground Command. So I can certainly see people being able to get 3x3 pieces of fabric for Frostgrave pretty cheap.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You want 3 feet by 3 feet so the length is about right but the width is short. It would work if you say you can only carry treasure off the board on the long sides of the board.
As Q mentioned, the official board size for a 2 player game is 3x3. But people can and have played on other sizes. The main reason for the 3x3, is the symmetry for where opposing players enter from, but also when placing treasure tokens and being able to kave them be a certain distance from a board edge, while also being able to keep them at least 6 inches from each other when placing. Also, except for certain scenario specific rules, when a random monster shows up after rolling 16+, they will show up on a random board edge. That said, there are no hard rules to keep people from doing what they want to make the game work for them. That's kind of the mission statement of sorts for this game, whatever works for you is great.

I've seen people play on a dining room table with no boar, mat, fabric. Just pieces of terrain here and there.

Old May 26th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Looks like GC has no scheduled events for Frostgrave. If anyone knows otherwise, please say so.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures