Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old February 8th, 2017, 02:02 PM

nukem Woo who?
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

i have a problem with the size of this .stlīs
I use Cura (Ultimaker 2+) and the size is way of.
I tried to resize them (Whiteknights), but they turned out too small.

anybody in the mood the help me? :/
Old February 8th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukem View Post
i have a problem with the size of this .stlīs
I use Cura (Ultimaker 2+) and the size is way of.
I tried to resize them (Whiteknights), but they turned out too small.

anybody in the mood the help me? :/
Which .stl are you trying to open?
Old February 9th, 2017, 03:53 PM

nukem Woo who?

The single hex one and your take on the bridge (RttFF Bridge Wall)
Cura does open it like 1 mm (tiny not printable) and i tried to resize by multiplying 1.75 inches with 25.4 mm but the size is still to small.
What are the exact measurements of the original hex?

It would be so cool to print your creations. Need some snow, street, bridge tiles
Old February 9th, 2017, 04:55 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
The single hex one and your take on the bridge (RttFF Bridge Wall)
Cura does open it like 1 mm (tiny not printable) and i tried to resize by multiplying 1.75 inches with 25.4 mm but the size is still to small.
What are the exact measurements of the original hex?

It would be so cool to print your creations. Need some snow, street, bridge tiles
The distance across the hex is 1.74 inches (4.42 cm) (not including the tabs).

My models are in inches, so if Cura brings it up in mm you just need to magnify it by 25.4.
Old February 11th, 2017, 05:19 PM

nukem Woo who?

Okay. But when i am doing this. Length and wideness are the same numbers which seems kinda odd given the attributs of an hexagonal shape. Maybe the interlocking pieces made them equal. But i am also concerning the heigth here. Seems that cura made them 12,5 mm high. Its higher than the normal hex tile...
Old February 12th, 2017, 06:49 PM

nukem Woo who?

Cura says x = 2 y = 2 and z = 0.5

i guess thats not exactly what your tiles should be in inches? Seems a little blunt
Old February 12th, 2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Cura says x = 2 y = 2 and z = 0.5

i guess thats not exactly what your tiles should be in inches? Seems a little blunt
I'll get the dimensions from my solid model and post them tomorrow.
Old February 13th, 2017, 11:40 AM

These are the dimensions of my hex in inches:

Note: from tab to tab (greatest vertical dimensions) the dimension is 1.88 inches.
Old February 13th, 2017, 06:58 PM

nukem Woo who?

Thx White Knight. It would be so much easier if cura would just simply read in inches.
But the Ultimaker seems to only read this code :/

You probably know this already but you can set the unit type at export of your stl in many packages so you can keep working in inches but export in mm.

I guess if you have time on your hand you could send me the basic hex file exported to mm. I can then make a printrun with that to see if it fits..
Old February 14th, 2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Thx White Knight. It would be so much easier if cura would just simply read in inches.
But the Ultimaker seems to only read this code :/

You probably know this already but you can set the unit type at export of your stl in many packages so you can keep working in inches but export in mm.

I guess if you have time on your hand you could send me the basic hex file exported to mm. I can then make a printrun with that to see if it fits..
Try this one: single hex

CREO wouldn't let me export the .stl to a different unit type, so I had to change the unit type in the model properties and then export.
Old February 15th, 2017, 04:50 PM

nukem Woo who?

thank you very much and sorry to bother you with my metrics.

this one has the right measurements but is standing on the side.
I rotated it. I think this will fit. It has no texture on the top. Thats a little sad, but i guess i can print it tomorrow. Otherwise i could wait for the ones with texture on them.
Need them for street/bridge tiles and maybe snow
Old February 15th, 2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
thank you very much and sorry to bother you with my metrics.

this one has the right measurements but is standing on the side.
I rotated it. I think this will fit. It has no texture on the top. Thats a little sad, but i guess i can print it tomorrow. Otherwise i could wait for the ones with texture on them.
Need them for street/bridge tiles and maybe snow
Tomorrow I'll take one of the hexes with texture and scale it in Blender. If that works for you, I can scale the ones you want.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing