Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old August 17th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmalloy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
One quick question about "RttFF Tree Base Single"

Assuming it is exactly as the name says, is the surface flat to attach the tree too?

All of the files I downloaded are on my computer at home, and I'm stuck at work, but if I remember correctly, that file is a flat hex with, I believe, a 2mm rim to interlock with the raised center of a Heroscape tile.
Yes, it is flat with a rim to interlock with the Heroscape tile.

If you need something else, I have a 3D model that is easy to modify.
Old August 19th, 2016, 07:54 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks, that should do it I think.

I have a friend in france who is a whiz at this, and getting him to build what I need on top of that blank hex is going to be a lot easier than trying to describe to him the exact dimensions needed without calipers handy for the base as well.

Sadly, while I do dabble in graphic design as a hobby, my 3D skills are non existent outside of sketchup and even that is minimal. Havent touched it since 2009.
Old August 19th, 2016, 11:03 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
I have a friend in france who is a whiz at this, and getting him to build what I need on top of that blank hex is going to be a lot easier than trying to describe to him the exact dimensions needed without calipers handy for the base as well.
If you want the measurements, too, I took my calipers to the base of a one-hex tree; the outside dimensions are 41.35mm face-to-face, 47.74mm between opposite corners, with a side of 23.87mm; the lip is 1mm thick and about 1.5mm deep; the whole base is 3.2mm tall.
Old August 20th, 2016, 02:36 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

How much effort would go into just printing out a one hex evergreen tree base. Not the tree part, just the base. I molded some of these out for some custom terrain I'm working on, and I'm just curious how much one would be to make. It would be made so you could attack something on the top of it to lock onto the top of a hex tile.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 4th, 2016, 08:31 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

Now that I'm starting to accumulate designs, I should add them to the index.

Alternate-texture single-hex rock tile:

Collection of waterfall tiles from 2-high to 8-high:

I've also got a four-hex straight tile that I worked up after I built a two-hex tile, but I haven't got that uploaded yet.
Old September 4th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

@Yodaking
More designs to add to the index.
Old September 5th, 2016, 11:14 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

They have been added and I already downloaded those waterfall files. It just might take me a while to getting around to actually try printing one but I'll be sure to share some pics once I do.
Old September 5th, 2016, 11:56 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I expect to print some waterfall soon, but won't be able to compare it to heroscape tiles until I finish painting some minis.
Old September 6th, 2016, 07:54 PM

I found a geometry error with my tile hex frame; the measurements were a little too fine, causing the tiles to fit too closely over the hex they were stacked on. In some cases, this would cause the tile to twist slightly, creating an offset of about half a millimeter from one end of a side to the other. When several of these tiles were stacked, this could introduce a twist to the stack that would make linking to other tiles difficult. So I reworked the geometry and rebuilt the models, replacing the zipfiles that I'd uploaded previously. The new download links are:

Falls tiles, 2-high to 8-high

Single hex rock tile
Old September 6th, 2016, 08:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

updated
Old September 26th, 2016, 11:03 PM

With the library of models that we're accumulating, do you think we should have this thread stickied so that it remains on the first page where people can see it?

Also, there are two more entries to add to the index from the 3D Terrain STL Files thread:

Hex Tile, a customizable tile generator -- you can generate nine different tile layouts from a single hex to a seven-hex circle, either as ground or water tiles, and the ground tiles can have a user-generated custom texture for the raised center tile face.

Hex Terrain Object Bases, a customizable generator that will create nine different layouts of object base (the same set as the Hex Tile customizer) that will sit on the raised faces of Heroscape hexes.

Old January 4th, 2017, 03:10 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@toshi on planeswalker-arena posted some 3-d files to get printed
Quote:
The full Zendikar Hedron 3D Model and images can now be viewed on Thingiverse using Thingiview.
You can order a print from 3d hubs or other sites price will vary based on your location.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing