Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 24th, 2015, 07:35 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
As far as personality goes, is there a word for a conflict fighter? - Pacifist?
Having to end adjacent to The Doctor and trigger only on normal attacks may be just the sauce we need.

Normal Attack value of 0?
You could go Pacifistic but he far more often refers to himself as Clever.

I'm fine with an Attack Value of 0.

~Dysole, noting that very technically there's like 13 versions of the Doctor we could do. ^_^
Old July 24th, 2015, 08:11 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction Reevalution Thread

I don't know The Doctor very well, but the overall plot send to be like a Quantum Leap scenario of him intervening to remove aggression and violence
Personality Clever
Class Peacekeeper
?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 24th, 2015, 08:40 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Fanatical

As someone who watches the show very regularly Adventurer is a fine class for him. He travels through all of time and space. He keeps the peace or solves the problem at hand when he gets there but he very rarely sets out to do it. Adventurer works better.

~Dysole, lorewise
Old July 26th, 2015, 07:05 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Merely chiming in as a fan of this custom, and of Dr Who, to note two things:

• I agree with Dysole on keeping Adventurer.

• I made a card with this alternate version of Sonic Screwdriver, for your consideration:

Sonic Screwdriver
All opponent's Soulborg or Cyborg figures within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor roll 2 fewer defense dice.

I like the first version, but I personally don't play with Traps that often. (Plus, what if they're made of wood? )
Old July 27th, 2015, 08:57 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That version of Sonic Screwdriver wouldn't fit because The Doctor's only method of attack bypasses all defenses anyway.
Since Screwdriver is a multitool, the bonus could be to any twenty sided roll, but since that wasn't the called upon issue and it works as is, we'll probably keep it the same.
Thanks for input, "Adventurer" approved

Old August 13th, 2015, 03:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

These is my proposed wording change of Harry Potter's abilities on his card. Simple, but more specific. Note: In this thread I do not want to give these cards a complete makeover, but tweak them slightly to make them unbroken.

EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, Harry Potter may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, the chosen hero's Range Value when using a normal attack is reduced to 1 and that hero rolls one fewer attack die for the remainder of the round.

STUPEFY
If Harry Potter would inflict one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with his normal attack, you may choose to remove the lowest numbered order marker that has not been revealed, from that figure's card instead of inflicting any wounds.

Also, on the Magical Item Cards:
Put in there that they can only be used by a wizard figure. This way he could still have his non wizard buddies hold his glyphs, but they wouldn't have the power to use them.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 13th, 2015, 03:44 PM

Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
These is my proposed wording change of Harry Potter's abilities on his card. Simple, but more specific. Note: In this thread I do not want to give these cards a complete makeover, but tweak them slightly to make them unbroken.

EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, Harry Potter may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, the chosen hero's Range Value when using a normal attack is reduced to 1 and that hero rolls one fewer attack die for the remainder of the round.

STUPEFY
If Harry Potter would inflict one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with his normal attack, you may choose to remove the lowest numbered order marker that has not been revealed, from that figure's card instead of inflicting any wounds.

Also, on the Magical Item Cards:
Put in there that they can only be used by a wizard figure. This way he could still have his non wizard buddies hold his glyphs, but they wouldn't have the power to use them.
EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, Harry Potteryou may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of Harry Potter. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, the chosen heroHero's Range Value is reduced to 1 and that hero rolls one fewer attack die and they roll one fewer die when attacking for the remainder of the round.

STUPEFY
If Harry Potter would inflict one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with his normal attack, you may instead choose to remove the lowest numbered order markerunrevealed Order Marker from that figure's cardinstead of inflicting any wounds.

These were what I initially had for them but I think I would actually change EXPELLIARMUS! to this.

EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, you may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of Harry Potter. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, reduce the chosen Hero's Range Value to 1 and they roll one fewer die when attacking with a normal attack for the remainder of the round.

~Dysole, who might tweak the glyph Harry Potter thing but basically agrees with the wizard thing
Old August 13th, 2015, 03:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Dysole , I like your verbage even better. I also like the tweaked version of Expelliarmus, as it spares your special attacks. Very cool. I would like us to get these guys fixed. I am then going to go overhaul on playing with HOF figures until I think they are all looking balanced.

Old August 14th, 2015, 12:30 AM

What if Expelliarmus reduced attack even further:
EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, you may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of Harry Potter. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, reduce the chosen hero's Range and Attack values to 1 for the duration of the round.

Or a normal edit
EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, you may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of Harry Potter. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, reduce the chosen hero's Range value to 1 and Attack value by 1 for the duration of the round.

What about
STUPEFY
When attacking a Unique Hero with a normal attack, if Harry Potter rolls any excess skulls, you may have Harry deal no damage to remove the next order marker from the defending figure's Army Card.

Old August 14th, 2015, 12:32 PM
"like" happy

@Confred , I really didn't want to change the abilities more than just wording them more specific. The big change is limiting the glyphs to wizards because he hands them out like candy to crazy heroes that don't need a glyph auto boost at the start of the game. Expelliarmus is a spell to disarm you from basically using your normal attack at range. I don't know if you have ever play tested this guy but further reducing the other character's abilities would make him more broken. With the current card, he tore through everyone. The people he didn't kill, his non wizard buddies did with melee attack plus two from the sword of griffindor. Usually wizards don't have a huge melee, so it keeps it in check. I like @Dysole s tweak on stupefy. Again, we just want to take what they had and tweak them to make them unbroken. I don't want to completely redesign all these guys designs.

Old August 14th, 2015, 01:17 PM

@TREX I'm fine with that. The boost was just to make wording easier.
How about the other version?
Quote:
EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, you may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of Harry Potter. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, reduce the chosen hero's Range value to 1 and Attack value by 1 for the duration of the round.
Spoiler Alert!

Old August 14th, 2015, 01:54 PM

Honestly

I think Confred's wording accomplishes the same purpose and might be cleaner.

~Dysole, looking at ideas

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum