Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 9th, 2015, 04:29 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Heroes of Fiction Reevalution Thread

This thread is to allow the Heroes of Fiction to reevaluate previously released cards for wording and/or gameplay issues. A player may nominate any previously released figure or figures but must explain what concerns they have with the chosen figure. If there is a disagreement about it, the Heroes of Fiction will discuss and vote whether to move forward in the process. Otherwise, the Heroes of Fiction will decide how best to correct the chosen figure.

Units Currently Under Review

Quote:
THE DOCTOR

CONCERNS:
RUN is too powerful.

HARRY POTTER

CONCERNS:
EXPELLIARMUS and STUPEFY need rewording and Treasure Glyphs need restrictions
Units Who Have Passed Review

Quote:
~Dysole, up and running

Last edited by Dysole; July 12th, 2015 at 09:57 PM.
Old July 9th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction Reevalution Thread

I'd like to nominate The Doctor (Dr. Who) for review. I feel from playing with him that his Run power is too powerful as is.

Old July 9th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
The Doctor (Dr. Who)
Jandar

Time Lord
Unique Hero
Adventurer
Brilliant
Medium 5

Life 6
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 1
Defense 4
Points 100

BRILLIANT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 1.
Defending figures may not use any special powers or roll defense dice against The Doctor's Brilliant Special Attack.

SONIC SCREWDRIVER
When you roll the 20-sided die for a Treasure Glyph trap with The Doctor, you may add 4 to your roll.

RUN
When The Doctor or a friendly Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor is attacked, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 9 or higher, affected figures take no damage, and you may move The Doctor and all Unique Heroes you control within 3 clear sight spaces of The Doctor up to 3 spaces each. Figures moved by Run will not take any leaving engagement attacks and may not end their movement engaged.
I can see how this one slipped through as from the armchair it didn't appear all that powerful.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 10th, 2015, 06:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Are we going to fix one card at a time or are we going to just take them on as the come.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 10th, 2015, 07:12 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Are we going to fix one card at a time or are we going to just take them on as the come.
I figure we include them as they come and sort of work on them from most pressing/least amount of work upwards.

~Dysole, informationally
Old July 11th, 2015, 12:50 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with Dysole.

To the readers out there, if there is a card upsetting you please don't wait for a turn, speak up (legibly) and add your qualms to the queue.

Old July 12th, 2015, 10:16 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Harry Potter
Jandar

Human
Unique Hero
Wizard
Loyal
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 4
Defense 5
Points160

MAGICAL EQUIPMENT
At the start of the game, before placing figures, choose up to 4 different Treasure Glyphs. Place any 2 of the chosen glyphs on this Army Card and 1 of the chosen Glyphs on each the Army Card of any other Unique Heroes you control.

EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, Harry Potter may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, the chosen hero Range is reduced to 1 and that hero rolls one fewer attack die for the remainder of the round.

STUPEFY
If Harry Potter would inflict one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with his normal attack, you may choose to remove the lowest numbered order marker from that figure's card instead of inflicting any wounds.
EXPELLIARMUS and STUPEFY need to be worded better. Expelliarmus needs to specify what range it is effecting. It was not clear whether it was for a normal attack or for my figures reach ability. Stupefy needs to specify on the numbered order marker. Possibly say unrevealed order marker.
I would say he needs to have some specification on his magical items as well. Possibly for the size of the figure, or how many times it may be used in a turn. Example: Having a fen hydra use the sword of griffindor was insane. Or a Frost giant on harry's broomstick.

Old July 12th, 2015, 08:14 PM

After a quick play test with The Doctor, Run is fairly easily countered by walling up opposition and denying spaces to land. I like the feel of this custom, it feels like a cast running along on adventure.
I think his points and roll requirement are fine. I think the fix is actually in how the figures may move. The issues with Run come from the doctor protecting choice figures.
1: Run doesn't work on Huge, or even Large figures
2: Running figures must end the move adjacent to The Doctor. - initial 3 space differential is OK as long as they end adjacent.
3: Limit the number of figures that may run. - How many friends did the Doctor carry along? 2?
: What's with the name? Isn't it too generic? On The Run or something? Is it a show reference?

Old July 12th, 2015, 09:49 PM

The Doctor Will See You Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
After a quick play test with The Doctor, Run is fairly easily countered by walling up opposition and denying spaces to land. I like the feel of this custom, it feels like a cast running along on adventure.
I think his points and roll requirement are fine. I think the fix is actually in how the figures may move. The issues with Run come from the doctor protecting choice figures.
1: Run doesn't work on Huge, or even Large figures
2: Running figures must end the move adjacent to The Doctor. - initial 3 space differential is OK as long as they end adjacent.
3: Limit the number of figures that may run. - How many friends did the Doctor carry along? 2?
: What's with the name? Isn't it too generic? On The Run or something? Is it a show reference?
1-3 people typically. Usually no more than 2.

I tried to find a good compilation clip but the Doctor pretty commonly will say "RUN!" every other episode or so usually in response to whatever threat is coming after them. So that's the theme behind it.

~Dysole, Whovian for life
Old July 12th, 2015, 11:15 PM
"like" happy

One thing I left out on my discussion of the Harry Potter Card. Its not so much that some of the magical items are powerful, its that he gets to start with them and share them with crazy friends. Thats the part that makes it too much. Thats why I think there are restrictions needed.

Old July 12th, 2015, 11:35 PM

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Quote:

MAGICAL EQUIPMENT
At the start of the game, before placing figures, choose up to 4 different Magical Treasure Glyphs. Place any 2 of the chosen glyphs on this Army Card and 1 of the chosen Glyphs on eachplace the other glyphs on the Army Card of any other small or medium Unique Heroes you control. You may not place more than one glyph on any other card.

EXPELLIARMUS!
Instead of attacking, Harry Potteryou may choose a Unique Hero within 5 clear sight spaces of Harry Potter. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, the chosen heroHero's Range Value is reduced to 1 and that hero rolls one fewer attack die and they roll one fewer die when attacking for the remainder of the round.

STUPEFY
If Harry Potter would inflict one or more wounds on a Unique Hero with his normal attack, you may instead choose to remove the lowest numbered order markerunrevealed Order Marker from that figure's cardinstead of inflicting any wounds.
Couple quick thoughts. Expelliarmus works best with a marker. Stupefy is a bit wonky but I get the theme. I'm trying to think if there is a better way to do this.

~Dysole, quick hop, skip, and a jump in

Last edited by Dysole; July 13th, 2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old July 13th, 2015, 10:33 AM
"like" happy

@Dysole, would Expelliarmus effect a reach ability, or any special attacks for that matter, or just a normal range Value. Should it be Unrevealed order marker on Stupefy. Say I already have order marker 1 revealed, the figure gets stupefied, and removes the revealed 1 marker from the card. My common sense says no, but it is arguable.(It came up in the last game we used Harry.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum