Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 20th, 2013, 05:19 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Well, he IS prone to insanity. That's what the power represents, after all.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:01 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Some keywords I added in a post in IshMEL's custom thread.

Cruel, Fanatical, Brutal, or Savage.

-insert signature here-
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:24 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For what it's worth, I personally wasn't interested in Redevac, but a Tormented personality and "Fit of Madness" would pique my interest a good deal more. Feels more cohesive.
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Hey all,

So I thought I'd give this a whirl, given the interesting discussion other customs have generated here. I hope I'm doing this right.

One of the my older customs, Sentinel is a Warforged Soldier (no, not those Warforged Soldiers) that brings a little bit of everything to the table.

Here's the miniature in comparison to a KoW and another D&D figure:

Feedback for him has been somewhat positive in my customs thread, but I'd like to get him nailed down before considering submission.

Sentinel adds a melee Special Attack to the Warforged army, along with a role that could constitute leadership (if indirectly) for a cost that hovers between the current 2 Warforged heroes.

His current synergy:
-Sentinel may be affected by Marcus Decimus Gallus' Soldier Leadership and Soldier Attack Enhancement.

Let me know if this isn't the proper way to submit; I appreciate any and all feedback.
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:09 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

What's the mini used? This thread is pretty informal, so your submission is fine.

As far as the card, it looks fine to me without any playtesting.
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:13 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Sentinel is a solid design. A few issues to consider.

The design lacks a cohesive vision. Is he a commander? Just a rank-and-file soldier? A bodyguard? The combination of Soldier, Loyal, and Combat Leader tend to pull it in different directions. This isn't a major issue, but a change to the class and/or personality could go a long way to bringing the theme together.

"Sentinel" is a cool name, but not one that can be used. The problem is that there is already a class called Sentinel, and even a power that plays off that class, Knight and Sentinel Enhancement. It is not clear if that power is supposed to apply to this figure named Sentinel or not. I'm afraid the name will have to change.
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:13 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Well SoA... it looks okay. Not sure there's anything wrong with it. It doesn't leap out at me in any great way, though. I do like Combat Leader as a subtle boost for the Warforged, but he doesn't seem to bring them anything new to the table. Heirloom already provides an Area Effect SA, and his is more powerful. I don't understand what Heirloom does that Siege/Heirloom don't already do--aside from the subtle initiative boost, of course.

EDIT: Scytale hit the nail on the head pretty well.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:15 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, this thread is basically checking to see if you'd waste your time submitting right now.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
What's the mini used?
D&D War Drums Warforged Bodyguard.

Quote:
Sentinel is a solid design. A few issues to consider.

The design lacks a cohesive vision. Is he a commander? Just a rank-and-file soldier? A bodyguard? The combination of Soldier, Loyal, and Combat Leader tend to pull it in different directions. This isn't a major issue, but a change to the class and/or personality could go a long way to bringing the theme together.
Closer to commander than soldier, I'd say. Suppose I changed Soldier to Leader and to Loyal to Disciplined?

Quote:
"Sentinel" is a cool name, but not one that can be used. The problem is that there is already a class called Sentinel, and even a power that plays off that class, Knight and Sentinel Enhancement. It is not clear if that power is supposed to apply to this figure named Sentinel or not. I'm afraid the name will have to change.
Couple that issue with a design shift towards leader, and I'd say you're right. Could focus on his SA, or on his leadership capabilities (small though they may be). If focusing on the SA, perhaps Hammer/Hammerfell? If focusing on his leadership, Chief, Forefront, Spearhead, Vanguard?

Quote:
Well SoA... it looks okay. Not sure there's anything wrong with it. It doesn't leap out at me in any great way, though. I do like Combat Leader as a subtle boost for the Warforged, but he doesn't seem to bring them anything new to the table. Heirloom already provides an Area Effect SA, and his is more powerful. I don't understand what Sentinel does that Siege/Heirloom don't already do--aside from the subtle initiative boost, of course.
Since I'd prefer moving towards leader rather than soldier, perhaps enhance his leadership in the most obvious way to differ him from the other Warforged heroes; give him Warforged Leadership. Considering that possibility brings up an interesting point of whether to replace Combat Leader with it, or to eliminate his SA in favor of Leadership.

Suppose the following changes to the design:
Spoiler Alert!

Conversely, I could move him closer to Soldier than Leader with these changes:
Spoiler Alert!

I'm more partial to the first, but that's just me.
Old March 21st, 2013, 01:36 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I think just changing the class and personality is enough to focus the design, but your two suggested reworks are significant improvements, imo. I'm partial to the leader version as well (though that will require the most testing prior to submission) as he changes army builds, though the second version is a decent solo hero, probably solid in a dungeon crawl.

Incidentally, I rather like the figure, enough that I made a custom with it as well. Is there enough availability for an SoV submission?
Old March 21st, 2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I think just changing the class and personality is enough to focus the design, but your two suggested reworks are significant improvements, imo. I'm partial to the leader version as well (though that will require the most testing prior to submission) as he changes army builds, though the second version is a decent solo hero, probably solid in a dungeon crawl.

Incidentally, I rather like the figure, enough that I made a custom with it as well. Is there enough availability for an SoV submission?
15 at auggies, 45 at miniaturemarket, and most online miniature stores have at least 3-4. For a Unique Hero, probably close.

I'll start testing with the leader version, with any further feedback taken into account.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks all for your input on Lord Revadac. I think "Tormented" works just as well with his bio. I also liked "Cruel" which captures his disdain for his own troops, but doesn't quite capture his blaming them for his current rotting state, causing the soon-to-be-renamed "Insane Commander." (Yep, I've just psychoanalyzed a plastic miniature skeleton.)

On the first power, I'd also considered "Withering Grasp", among these other fine suggestions, but I still like the connection on "Cadaverous" to his name so I'm going to go with "Cadaverous Grasp". (Although how cool would "Liquefactive Necrosis" be?) The "Grasp" part gets across the "I grab your sword hand as you wound me" better than "Touch" did.

For the second power, I nearly went with "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason", but he really looks more Iron Maiden than Pink Floyd. "Fit Of Madness" better captures what's going on with this power (see psychoanalysis above.) But... any thoughts on "Eternal Madness" as a possibility? It hearkens to "Eternal Hatred" which everyone's familiar with as a somewhat-similar negative power. I also feel like it better explains the "story" behind the power without having to read the bio.

So to sum up:
Personality: Tormented
First Power: Cadaverous Grasp
Second Power: Eternal Madness

Your suggestions, as always, are greatly appreciated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards