Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 11th, 2013, 09:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
I have question for the judges. Would you ever consider a unit that was basically like a second version of the Blastatrons that used the same sculpts?.
I'm not keen on it, but I'm not wholly against it either. A clear turn-off for me is looking at the board and not knowing if a figure is a Blastatron or a Blastamegatron (or whatever). Repaints are good, though a repaint of, say, a common squad into a different common squad, or a unique hero into a different unique hero, would have to have a darn good design for me to like it.
This is more or less how I feel.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 11th, 2013, 11:41 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If I can ever find figures for it (vikings are damn near impossbile to find ), do you think that this card would stand a chance?

Spoiler Alert!

Throws of the Tarn uses 2 figures per squad and has synergy with Throwers of the Tarn, Tarn Viking Warriors, MacDirk Warriors, and Valguard.

Known Rewording:
For Raiding Party, the text will eventually (and by eventually, I mean whenever I can figure how to get MSE to work once more) read as such:
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, and before taking a turn with the Throwers of the Tarn, you may take a turn with another squad of Human Warriors who follow Jandar. A hero you control may not take a turn until another Order Marker is revealed.

~Cheers~
Looks like a cool concept. It should say "move and attack with any Human Squad you control that follows Jandar." That would eliminate bonding. And good catch on the change of wording for Berserker Charge :thumb:
I wanted to have Berserker Charge activate twice, so unless your suggested wording still allows that power to be used for the squad Raiding Party will work with...

Thanks!
How exactly does Valguard have synergy with them? He doesn't follow Jandar. I believe I've seen some pre-painted vikings before. I'll have to see if I can find them again.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Valguard's Berserker Charge enhancement is the synergy.
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:09 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Valguard's Berserker Charge enhancement is the synergy.
Ahh, I thought he meant bonding. Thanks Superfrog.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
I believe I've seen some pre-painted vikings before. I'll have to see if I can find them again.
Lol, Good luck! At one point I had seen a few, but the available numbers only totaled around 20 or so. Not enough for the SoV's 100+ standards.

(I suppose it doesn't help any that I've played 10 squads of these guys at one point too......)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:39 PM

cstrocs is surprisingly tart

I want to get some of my customs into SoV, but I'm not sure which ones the best. If you could look at my customs( in my signiture) and tell me which is the best and what I could do to improve it it would really help. Thanks.
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
You would vote down the Green Wyrmling based on that alone?
Yes I would. The other Wyrmlings are all D&D wyrmlings. There have been some persuasive arguments to allow a wyrmling that is not a D&D one to join the ranks, but turning a bronze into a green is going too far. That's not to say it wouldn't pass SoV over my , but that's my vote.
That sounds narrow minded. Would you have voted against blue skinned orcs because they do not fit your/D&D preference?
The Wellsprings open to all worlds and to think there are only one kind of wyrmlings is choosing to restrict an already small miniature base for this project. Traditional European and Chinese dragons look very different yet hail from the same world. I think you are being extremely picky about fictional beings.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Would you have voted against blue skinned orcs because they do not fit your/D&D preference?
Well, no, but orcs aren't dragons. D&D dragons all have a unique look. A bronze dragon looks like a bronze dragon. It is like using a tiger miniature and calling it a lion; it does not matter if you call it a Feylund lion it still looks like a tiger.

Using a D&D miniature to be something else from other world is normally ok with me, but the four existing wyrmlings are D&D wyrmlings. Putting what is clearly a bronze dragon alongside black, blue, red, and white dragons and calling it a green dragon? Sorry, no. Just make it a bronze wyrmling and I'll be happy to give it a chance.
Old March 20th, 2013, 03:55 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, I probably should have started here first, but I nominated Lord Revadac to the SoV, got some feedback that he needed some thematic tweaks, and so withdrew him from the process to seek advice here. Here's the entry:

Spoiler Alert!

So the feedback I got was 1) "Insane" doesn't really work for a skeleton, and 2) The name "Insane Commander" doesn't reflect the power itself, since it doesn't "command" the troops, and 3) "Cadaverous Touch" might have a better name.

I'm not wedded to the "Insane" personality, or either of the power names, so ask for your advice on these.

Personality: Most Undead have the Terrifying personality, with Tormented (PK) and Wild (Sudema). I like "Tormented" because of the backstory I've got, and because it will help justify the "Insane Commander" power (whatever I end up calling it.)

Cadaverous Touch: In my mind, the idea is that if you get close enough to him to wound him, his bony hand grabs you and your flesh begins to rot. So perhaps "Cadaverous Grasp" or "Necrotic Grasp" would reflect that. Open to other suggestions.

Insane Commander: I'm not sure what to replace this name with. "Fit of Madness"? "Temporary Insanity"? "Lashing Out"? "Friendly Fire"? "Psychotic Scorn"?

All your suggestions are appreciated... Thanks!
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Would you have voted against blue skinned orcs because they do not fit your/D&D preference?
Well, no, but orcs aren't dragons. D&D dragons all have a unique look. A bronze dragon looks like a bronze dragon. It is like using a tiger miniature and calling it a lion; it does not matter if you call it a Feylund lion it still looks like a tiger.

Using a D&D miniature to be something else from other world is normally ok with me, but the four existing wyrmlings are D&D wyrmlings. Putting what is clearly a bronze dragon alongside black, blue, red, and white dragons and calling it a green dragon? Sorry, no. Just make it a bronze wyrmling and I'll be happy to give it a chance.
Since this is the Battle of all Time these could be what Bronze dragons evolve into over thousands or millions of years like Enik and the Sleestaks in the original TV series Land of the Lost. Enik was tan/bronze but his descendants were green though they were physically the same the color was different.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 20th, 2013, 04:51 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Tormented would be a fine fit for personality.

I like Fit of Madness as the alternate power name.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I think Fit of Madness still makes it seem like he is prone to insanity.

Cruelty
Embracing Chaos
One Death is the Same as Another
Love of Killing
Unpredictable
Hunger for Death
Need to Kill

As for Cadaverous Touch:
- Deathly Touch
- Deathly Retribution
- Putrid
- Deadly Rot