Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 19th, 2013, 03:52 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
I hadn't thought of a community custom but it makes sense. We could come up with an idea like the French community did (anti dragon figure), construct a theme for it, construct powers and stats for it, and find a figure for the idea.

I can precise (as the original creator of Kheris Fehn) that it's much harder than it seems to be. For Kheris for example, I made a card for him few months before we decided to exploit the idea for SoV. Then, it's about 45 pages of "intense" discussion to arrived at the final Army Card.
To make a community custom, it's as at C3V: we have to be very well organized and don't give up when a difficulty appears or when a "big playtesting job" is needed.

At this moment, we are working about another custom that will be submitted for SoV. We are facing some issues... Courage!

Obviously, the first thing to see when you create a custom, it's an available figure. It's not a good idea to make first the Card, and then impress a "WANTED" poster for a nice figure.
All in all, I think it will be hard organizing a strong "Custom Builder Department for SoV" in such thread... but why not! ^^

But in another hand, it's a very good idea to make us possible to talk about some customs that could be submitted for SoV. I will enjoy helping others about "Canon's belonging", power's wording and each other detail that could make a custom better in order to be accepted by the SoV.
Cool that you are making another figure to submit. I will personally play with Kheris if he passes SOV. Hope it all works out for you.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
You would vote down the Green Wyrmling based on that alone?
Yes I would. The other Wyrmlings are all D&D wyrmlings. There have been some persuasive arguments to allow a wyrmling that is not a D&D one to join the ranks, but turning a bronze into a green is going too far. That's not to say it wouldn't pass SoV over my , but that's my vote.
I can't blame you. I would have nixed that sculpt for Quahon right away. (Not the design of the card however--Quahon is awesome.)

Last edited by White Knight; February 19th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old February 19th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche

At this moment, we are working about another custom that will be submitted for SoV. We are facing some issues... Courage!
Awesome, I can't wait to see the next custom from you guys.
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:13 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have question for the judges. Would you ever consider a unit that was basically like a second version of the Blastatrons that used the same sculpts?

I have an idea that I think would be great to get a ll the Glad-less Blasts out of bins and onto the board, an was wondering if if the SoV would consider it? If not I'll probably just throw it up in my customs thread, but was wondering what you'd think.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I have question for the judges. Would you ever consider a unit that was basically like a second version of the Blastatrons that used the same sculpts?

I have an idea that I think would be great to get a ll the Glad-less Blasts out of bins and onto the board, an was wondering if if the SoV would consider it? If not I'll probably just throw it up in my customs thread, but was wondering what you'd think.
I would not like that. The only "repeat figures" in classic 'scape are the iconic Drake and Raelin, and they use different sculpts.
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:11 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What about the gencon promos? Those reused sculpts of past figures.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If I can ever find figures for it (vikings are damn near impossbile to find ), do you think that this card would stand a chance?

Spoiler Alert!

Throws of the Tarn uses 2 figures per squad and has synergy with Throwers of the Tarn, Tarn Viking Warriors, MacDirk Warriors, and Valguard.

Known Rewording:
For Raiding Party, the text will eventually (and by eventually, I mean whenever I can figure how to get MSE to work once more) read as such:
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, and before taking a turn with the Throwers of the Tarn, you may take a turn with another squad of Human Warriors who follow Jandar. A hero you control may not take a turn until another Order Marker is revealed.

~Cheers~

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If I can ever find figures for it (vikings are damn near impossbile to find ), do you think that this card would stand a chance?

Spoiler Alert!

Throws of the Tarn uses 2 figures per squad and has synergy with Throwers of the Tarn, Tarn Viking Warriors, MacDirk Warriors, and Valguard.

Known Rewording:
For Raiding Party, the text will eventually (and by eventually, I mean whenever I can figure how to get MSE to work once more) read as such:
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, and before taking a turn with the Throwers of the Tarn, you may take a turn with another squad of Human Warriors who follow Jandar. A hero you control may not take a turn until another Order Marker is revealed.

~Cheers~
Looks like a cool concept. It should say "move and attack with any Human Squad you control that follows Jandar." That would eliminate bonding. And good catch on the change of wording for Berserker Charge

Last edited by superfrog; March 11th, 2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:54 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

Spoiler Alert!

Known Rewording:

~Cheers~
Looks like a cool concept. It should say "move and attack with any Human Squad you control that follows Jandar." That would eliminate bonding. And good catch on the change of wording for Berserker Charge :thumb:
I wanted to have Berserker Charge activate twice, so unless your suggested wording still allows that power to be used for the squad Raiding Party will work with...

Thanks!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

I don't know exactly if it would work, and I could be wrong, but the Tarn's card says "after moving and before attacking", and doesn't mention taking a turn, like a bonding power does. The point is, we know what it means, and C3V Editing could iron it out if it got that far.
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I don't know exactly if it would work, and I could be wrong, but the Tarn's card says "after moving and before attacking", and doesn't mention taking a turn, like a bonding power does. The point is, we know what it means, and C3V Editing could iron it out if it got that far.
Alright, sounds good to me!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I have question for the judges. Would you ever consider a unit that was basically like a second version of the Blastatrons that used the same sculpts?.
I'm not keen on it, but I'm not wholly against it either. A clear turn-off for me is looking at the board and not knowing if a figure is a Blastatron or a Blastamegatron (or whatever). Repaints are good, though a repaint of, say, a common squad into a different common squad, or a unique hero into a different unique hero, would have to have a darn good design for me to like it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards