Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 7th, 2012, 10:15 PM

ZAKOVANI is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

I'd think the exos are fine- a pack comes with 6 so you might as well take the extras. That is what I plan on doing at least. Are the bases that the figs come on small enough to work without rebasing?
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

I think so. In the front page pic they look like they are still on the original bases.
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKOVANI View Post
I'd think the exos are fine- a pack comes with 6 so you might as well take the extras. That is what I plan on doing at least. Are the bases that the figs come on small enough to work without rebasing?
Yes.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:52 PM

Then they shall be purchased....
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:58 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

180 points! I thought they would be expensive, but nowhere near that much, although they do have a lot of thing going for them that makes the point investment worth it. First off they have the all mighty 4th defense die that is all too often missing from expensive squads (3 out of the 4 other squads over 110 points only have 3 defense dice). Having four defense dice is a good start, but Redundant Systems certainly is needed to justify their price tag, also a bonus is there is no restriction on Redundant Systems .i.e., special attacks and leaving engagement attacks. Since Redundant Systems gives them doable the survivability, when I tried to theory scape there points I disregard Redundant Systems and judged them as if they are an 90 point squad, since there is more squads around that point cost in witch to compare. I think they stack up well versus other squads around 90 points, and they get there 180 cost by having double the survivability with Redundant Systems. They also have a lot going for them outside of their states and abilities, they are large, soulborg and single spaced, so they get the best of all words and have a slew of immunities. They also become only 5th squads (that I can think of off the top of my head) with a special attack, and with a possibility of 24 dice rolled they are second only to the Airborne Elites in terms of possible total dice rolled, but I like flamethrower much better.

I draw a comparison with Major Q9, we all know that the Major can absolutely dominate a game, but without proper support like Laglor, Raelin, Rats etc., he can fall surprisingly quick. the Incendiborgs seem similar in that sense, if you send them in by themselves versus strong armies with sustained heavy fire I think they will usually fall without getting there points worth. If you use them with a screen or as a second wave so they can get height and fight some depleted forces, and with a cheerleader they can be dominate. I know this is a tacky response, but I really think Raelin is great with these guys, they would have with 6 defense, range, a special attack and basically 6 life. I think they might be one of the few figures were Raelin v2 is a better pick then the original Raelin, with the expanded aura you will be able to cover more choke points and with 200 points remaining you still have a lot of options for the remaining points. I'd like to try some range to attack from afar on height in Raelins expanded aura, mainly using the Incendiborgs as a screen and throwing an order marker there way when ever things get to hot and you need some crowd control.

The best army I can think of is Doks 2010 gencon championship army, but instead have the Incendiborgs replace Q9 for the Incendiborgs.

Incendiborgs
Raelin
Fen hydra
Rats x3

Boring, yes, unimaginative, yes, annoying to play against, definitely, but no doubt fearsome and effective.
Old June 8th, 2012, 12:04 AM

Bro-man knows what's in an order marker Bro-man knows what's in an order marker

I like these units. Are you going to put up their Bio soon?

Bro-man is a Minion of Utgar...
in the
The Cave of Christmas Celebration...
Old June 8th, 2012, 12:07 AM

I too like them- They remind me of my profile pic actually. I always wondered why Valkrill's wallpaper was metallic without robots in his army.... now it feels better.
Old June 8th, 2012, 12:24 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
180 points! I thought they would be expensive, but nowhere near that much, although they do have a lot of thing going for them that makes the point investment worth it. First off they have the all mighty 4th defense die that is all too often missing from expensive squads (3 out of the 4 other squads over 110 points only have 3 defense dice). Having four defense dice is a good start, but Redundant Systems certainly is needed to justify their price tag, also a bonus is there is no restriction on Redundant Systems .i.e., special attacks and leaving engagement attacks. Since Redundant Systems gives them doable the survivability, when I tried to theory scape there points I disregard Redundant Systems and judged them as if they are an 90 point squad, since there is more squads around that point cost in witch to compare. I think they stack up well versus other squads around 90 points, and they get there 180 cost by having double the survivability with Redundant Systems. They also have a lot going for them outside of their states and abilities, they are large, soulborg and single spaced, so they get the best of all words and have a slew of immunities. They also become only 5th squads (that I can think of off the top of my head) with a special attack, and with a possibility of 24 dice rolled they are second only to the Airborne Elites in terms of possible total dice rolled, but I like flamethrower much better.

I draw a comparison with Major Q9, we all know that the Major can absolutely dominate a game, but without proper support like Laglor, Raelin, Rats etc., he can fall surprisingly quick. the Incendiborgs seem similar in that sense, if you send them in by themselves versus strong armies with sustained heavy fire I think they will usually fall without getting there points worth. If you use them with a screen or as a second wave so they can get height and fight some depleted forces, and with a cheerleader they can be dominate. I know this is a tacky response, but I really think Raelin is great with these guys, they would have with 6 defense, range, a special attack and basically 6 life. I think they might be one of the few figures were Raelin v2 is a better pick then the original Raelin, with the expanded aura you will be able to cover more choke points and with 200 points remaining you still have a lot of options for the remaining points. I'd like to try some range to attack from afar on height in Raelins expanded aura, mainly using the Incendiborgs as a screen and throwing an order marker there way when ever things get to hot and you need some crowd control.

The best army I can think of is Doks 2010 gencon championship army, but instead have the Incendiborgs replace Q9 for the Incendiborgs.

Incendiborgs
Raelin
Fen hydra
Rats x3

Boring, yes, unimaginative, yes, annoying to play against, definitely, but no doubt fearsome and effective.
You are spot-on sir. These guys are tough and versatile, but as with everything Unique I've ever playtested for C3V, they go down under concentrated fire.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:14 PM

SabastianBludd is surprisingly tart

Looking at these guys, it seems like they would make a pretty good ranged pod along with Khosumet to boost their attack to 5 with height advantage. It reminds me of the Taelord + Omnicron Snipers (x1) pods people play with low-point armies. Except in this case, instead of a useless-in-melee squad and a glass 180 pt. cheerleader, you have a relatively cheap attack enhancer (Khosumet) along with a six-life unique squad that has a special attack and is useful in clean-up.

They're dreadfully slow, though, so I'd consider pairing them with some Phantom Knights to keep my opponent busy while I get them set up on high ground.
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
when I tried to theory scape there points I disregard Redundant Systems and judged them as if they are an 90 point squad, since there is more squads around that point cost in witch to compare. I think they stack up well versus other squads around 90 points, and they get there 180 cost by having double the survivability with Redundant Systems.
I am sure, infectedsloth, that you do not mean to say that Incendiborgs = (Incendiborgs-Redundant Systems) x2.

There is a tremendous advantage in getting that forward Incendiborg on height (or whatever) and being able to use markers to keep it on that valuable hex.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 13th, 2012, 01:37 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
when I tried to theory scape there points I disregard Redundant Systems and judged them as if they are an 90 point squad, since there is more squads around that point cost in witch to compare. I think they stack up well versus other squads around 90 points, and they get there 180 cost by having double the survivability with Redundant Systems.
I am sure, infectedsloth, that you do not mean to say that Incendiborgs = (Incendiborgs-Redundant Systems) x2.
Yup that's what I'm saying. I know that that method is not a reliable way to price a unit from scratch, but I think it can be used as tool to see if the given price is in the ballpark.

The best way to see if a given cost for a unit is balanced, short of playtesting it, is compare the unit to similar official figures. What squad can you compare the Incendiborgs to? The Airborne Elites are the only other unique squad with range and a special attack, but the drop is unique enough a power that you can't really compare them to the Incendiborgs.The other high price squads are common or melee.

Incendiborgs without Redundant Systems are worth what, 75? 80? Multiple that 2 and add some points for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
There is a tremendous advantage in getting that forward Incendiborg on height (or whatever) and being able to use markers to keep it on that valuable hex.
And you end up with a number around 180, depending on how much numerical value you put on keeping a Incendiborg on a valuable spaces. It was my fault for indolently not explaining that step I took in my originally post.

Edit: if you and a teammate are both playing Incendiborgs and your teammates Incendiborg takes a wound, if he has no more Redundant Systems markers left can you use one on your card to negate his wounds. The wording of the card dose no specify if has to be a Incendiborg you control.

Last edited by infectedsloth; June 13th, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Edit: if you and a teammate are both playing Incendiborgs and your teammates Incendiborg takes a wound, if he has no more Redundant Systems markers left can you use one on your card to negate his wounds. The wording of the card dose no specify if has to be a Incendiborg you control.
This is so true. According to the card, if any Incendiborg takes a wound, you can remove a marker... Maybe an errata is needed (actually, I might leave it, just because if one of them can use 3 markers, why not 6...)?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs