Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

Regarding the markers needed for the redundant systems ability, one could easily paint three of the extra exoskeleton markers included included in the Icewind Scourge boosters. Of course, most people will probably not bother painting markers anyway. However, I am fond of kpucblek's idea of making orange redundant systems markers.
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:15 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Regarding the markers needed for the redundant systems ability, one could easily paint three of the extra exoskeleton markers included included in the Icewind Scourge boosters. Of course, most people will probably not bother painting markers anyway. However, I am fond of kpucblek's idea of making orange redundant systems markers.
That is what I use. I have not decided to paint them yet, but since WoTC was so nice to supply me with extra markers, I thought I'd use them

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBunnySuicide View Post
As the power says in the part that's in bold below it is only 2 space from the attacking figure not how you were suggesting.

Quote:
Flamethrower Special Attack
Range Special. Attack 4.
. . . Choose 2 spaces in a straight line from the attacking Vulcanmech Incendiborg. . . .
That was how I initially interpreted it, but after seeing the pricetag, I began to waver in that interpretation, and thought, "Well, it's possible..." It was just one of those things. You see and read a card a hundred times and then, Wham!, all of a sudden, it hits you weird and you question something you've always known...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I understand the skepticism about the price tag. It might help to think of them like a unique hero with triple attack and 6 life, only they can't suffer more than one wound in any attack, and they start to lose attacks hydra-style after the fourth wound. Do you see how that can be pretty good? While these guys are not quite as potent as the other 180 point large soulborg option that's out there, they are very dangerous.
Oh, after I saw Redundant Systems, that was how I saw them - as basically a 6-man unique squad with some serious hitting and staying power. That definitely justifies their high(er) cost. Again, a pretty damn cool unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Seriously people, we've had powers like this before...
It was a simple question, man. And for that, I'm out.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
My first attempt at a "Book", so let me know if I missed anything.
Please Look at The Book of 4th Massachussets Line for proper formatting.

Very nice, strong guys. Just don't get too close.
Old June 7th, 2012, 06:58 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Man.... there's no need for that tone. It was a legitimate question to a custom unit's power. That's an extremely rude way to talk to someone who is genuinely interested in this project.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old June 7th, 2012, 08:08 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Man.... there's no need for that tone. It was a legitimate question to a custom unit's power. That's an extremely rude way to talk to someone who is genuinely interested in this project.
I agree, and while I appriciate Anitar's interetest in this project...if you answer questions in that tone; you reflect a bad light on the C3V...even though you are also a fan.

Please be courteous on this site,

Thanks

ZB

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Am I correct in assuming that, where the Flamethrower SA states "2 spaces", the limiting factor is LOS? Meaning, if a figure was 12 hexes away, but in a straight line from the base of the Vulcanmech, and the Vulcanmech could see the figure, then I could attack that figure (and obviously another figure adjacent to the first figure, if one so happened to be there)?
Nope; as Anitar said, it's the adjacent space and the next one, just like Rhogar and Mimring (who use the same phrasing).

I understand the skepticism about the price tag. It might help to think of them like a unique hero with triple attack and 6 life, only they can't suffer more than one wound in any attack, and they start to lose attacks hydra-style after the fourth wound. Do you see how that can be pretty good? While these guys are not quite as potent as the other 180 point large soulborg option that's out there, they are very dangerous.
I suggest everyone try these guys. I was skeptical of their cost when I first playtested them, but in the right army they are capable of doing most of the heavy lifting. Of course, as with almost any unit, match-ups are key. Plus, they look incredibly cool on the map.
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

With the right setup, these guys are entirely capable of earning their 180 points back. They're especially troubling alongside another Menacer. If your opponent has to split their attacks between these guys and, say, Nilfheim, it will take them a while to knock these guys out. Setting Krug in front of them is another cool idea.

I playtested these guys. My local players told me several times that they were just too strong. In a team setting, where there are almost always multiple threats at once, these guys really thrive.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 7th, 2012, 07:21 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old June 7th, 2012, 08:12 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Aren't the exoskeleton markers kind of orange-metallic-colored anyway?

I'll probably just use the regular markers. I'm lazy like that.
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:27 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'll probably use wound markers, because I'm even lazier.
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:55 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I'll probably use wound markers, because I'm even lazier.
Oh dok...... ()

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs