Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 6th, 2012, 04:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

The Book of Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

C3V Wave 2 - Age of Chaos - Dwarf and Soulborgs

The printer-friendly PDF

The figures used for this unit are AT-43 figures from the Red Blok set.
The name of the figure is Strielitz Kolossus Unit Box.

Character Bio:

Spoiler Alert!

Redundant Systems
Start the game with 3 Redundant Systems markers on this army card. After a Vulcanmech Incendiborg receives one or more wounds, you may remove 1 Redundant Systems marker form this card to ignore all wounds.

Flamethrower Special Attack
Range Special. Attack 4.
A Vulcanmech Incendiborg that does not attack normally may use Flamethrower Special Attack. Choose 2 spaces in a straight line from the attacking Vulcanmech Incendiborg. All figures on those spaces that are in line of sight are affected by Flamethrower Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

-Rulings and Clarifications-

Flamethrower Special Attack.
Q: If a Vulcanmech Incendiborg is engaged and wants to use the Flamethower Special Attack, must the first hex of whichever fire-line he chooses include an engaged enemy figure?
A: Yes, if a Vulcanmech Incendiborg is engaged, the first figure attacked must be adjacent to that attacking Vulcanmech Incendiborg.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:
- KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Relentless Assault
Having a Relentless personality, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord’s RELENTLESS ASSAULT attack bonus.

EXECUTIONER 616 : Remote Detonation
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs can be exploded by Executioner 616.
Synergy Benefits Offered:

KNIGHTS OF BLACKGAARD : Relentless Army Attack Bonus
As Relentless figures, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs may be included in an army with Knights of Blackgaard without negating their attack bonus.
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index

Sculpt poll: Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
- If they can work their way to high ground before their markers are gone, they will often dominate the game. A

Unit Strategy Review

TBA

Last edited by superfrog; January 22nd, 2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: removing &act=down
Old June 6th, 2012, 04:12 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

My first attempt at a "Book", so let me know if I missed anything.
Old June 6th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Probably want to make it "Age" of Chaos. Also, Redundant Systems is missing its last period and "does" is spelled incorrectly in FTSA.

I need to get my hands on these, if only because I'm skeptical of thier super-high cost...

Old June 6th, 2012, 04:26 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Probably want to make it "Age" of Chaos. Redundant Systems is missing its last period and "does" is spelled incorrectly in FTSA.

I need to get my hands on these, if only because I'm skeptical of thier super-high cost...
You can always proxy first if you are skeptical.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 6th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

*Snip*

I was wrong, don't know how to delete post D:
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:49 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Flamethrower wording leaves it open to interpretation, but it may warrant clarification JIC. If a Vulcanmech Incendiborg is engaged and wants to use the Flamethower SA, must the first hex of whichever fire-line he chooses include an engaged enemy figure?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:58 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
The Flamethrower wording leaves it open to interpretation, but it may warrant clarification JIC. If a Vulcanmech Incendiborg is engaged and wants to use the Flamethower SA, must the first hex of whichever fire-line he chooses include an engaged enemy figure?

~Z
Same as Mimring and Rhogar: yes.
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Am I correct in assuming that, where the Flamethrower SA states "2 spaces", the limiting factor is LOS? Meaning, if a figure was 12 hexes away, but in a straight line from the base of the Vulcanmech, and the Vulcanmech could see the figure, then I could attack that figure (and obviously another figure adjacent to the first figure, if one so happened to be there)?

If so, then that power totally rocks and certainly justifies their (the Incendiborgs) high point cost.

Kudos on a pretty cool unit, guys.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:13 PM

MegaBunnySuicide Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Am I correct in assuming that, where the Flamethrower SA states "2 spaces", the limiting factor is LOS? Meaning, if a figure was 12 hexes away, but in a straight line from the base of the Vulcanmech, and the Vulcanmech could see the figure, then I could attack that figure (and obviously another figure adjacent to the first figure, if one so happened to be there)?

If so, then that power totally rocks and certainly justifies their (the Incendiborgs) high point cost.

As the power says in the part that's in bold below it is only 2 space from the attacking figure not how you were suggesting.

Quote:
Flamethrower Special Attack
Range Special. Attack 4.
A Vulcanmech Incendiborg that does not attack normally may use Flamethrower Special Attack. Choose 2 spaces in a straight line from the attacking Vulcanmech Incendiborg. All figures on those spaces that are in line of sight are affected by Flamethrower Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Nope; as Anitar said, it's the adjacent space and the next one, just like Rhogar and Mimring (who use the same phrasing).

I understand the skepticism about the price tag. It might help to think of them like a unique hero with triple attack and 6 life, only they can't suffer more than one wound in any attack, and they start to lose attacks hydra-style after the fourth wound. Do you see how that can be pretty good? While these guys are not quite as potent as the other 180 point large soulborg option that's out there, they are very dangerous.
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:15 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

It says
Quote:
2 spaces away from the attacking Incendiborg
Like Fire Line (and Dragon Breath), the limiting factor is whether those two spaces are right next to the 'borg.

Seriously people, we've had powers like this before...
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:46 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post

~Z
Same as Mimring and Rhogar: yes.
I knew it would work that way, but I went and checked the Books of Mimring & Rhogar and the FAQ, and neither one clarified this question up front. I did find it buried on page 9 of The Book of Mimring, but that is the sort of clarification I think should be right up front.

I haven't actually read the wording of Mimring's Fire Line SA in years, so when I read this card I thought "since the attack does not target a figure, but instead chooses a line of spaces, and since the engagement rule restricts you to choosing an engaged figure as the target of an attack, the Flamethrower SA is open to argument of interpretation."

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs