Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 14th, 2010, 10:32 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
I'd like in, but I'm concerned by the breadth of the thread. "Heroes of Fiction" is a REALLY wide net: it pretty much covers everything, including all of the customs projects that already exist. I might suggest making a couple different threads, such as "Heroes of Cinema," and "Heroes of Literature," so that things don't just get entirely muddled together.

That said, I definitely have some ideas I'd like to get out there.
That's not entirely a bad idea. One for Cinema, one for Literature, one for Television, one for Video Games and that's all I got right now. Anything I missed?
Old July 14th, 2010, 10:56 AM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

I like to help out with this project, but I'm not suer how much time I could devote to it. I can definitley playtest a bit and make a couple of cards.

Instead of different threads, the cards could simply be divided into different groups, just as C3G cards are divided into different waves.
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I have fantastic news for this project. A3n has graciously accepted putting our finished ccustoms on cards. For those of you that don't know A3n, he is one of two card designers for C3G. (The other is GreyOwl.)
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I have fantastic news for this project. A3n has graciously accepted putting our finished ccustoms on cards. For those of you that don't know A3n, he is one of two card designers for C3G. (The other is GreyOwl.)
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:29 AM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

So, will the cards be on Vahallascape backings, or Marvelscape ones. Personaly, I think the majority of fictional characters can be grouped under the Vahallan generals.
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
That doesn't begin to cover it! That's AWESOME news!

Along the lines of Machineking's idea, I think we could keep them all in this thread. Just sort them out on the front page like the HoSS figures are sorted by Episode.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could find a Mr. Burns figure....

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:47 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Along the lines of Machineking's idea, I think we could keep them all in this thread. Just sort them out on the front page like the HoSS figures are sorted by Episode.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could find a Mr. Burns figure....
I agree that finding a way of separating figs from different genres is a good idea.

mac122 probably has the best idea so far. That way we can avoid cluttering this sub-forum with multiple threads for the same project.

As for a Burns miniature... so close but no cigar. It is a travesty that he is so neglected (of course he is the one who's murder you are trying to solve).
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown
As for a Burns miniature... so close but no cigar. It is a travesty that he is so neglected (of course he is the one who's murder you are trying to solve).
Doh! Though I will have to look at our Simpson's Clue game to see if those figs are close to scale.

BTW, meant to do this earlier, but it's great to have you on board, Lamaclown.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:06 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
BTW, meant to do this earlier, but it's great to have you on board, Lamaclown.
Thank you!
I am very excited to be a part of a community project.
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
Hey Balantai, what if we already have a card made up for a particular character? I even have an idea on backstory on why he was brought to valhalla and everything.
I don't mind if you already have a character created, as long as you are open to changes on the character. If you're set on the power set and wording already, he's probably better off left as one of your own customs.
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:39 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Im open to suggestions for change. So if its ok with you, can i go ahead and post it for review and then you can skip me in the 1st rotation?
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM

If we design multiple characters from the same series, we could also sub-group them based on that series.

In addition, characters from movies or television based on literature should be in the literature section.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum