Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 13th, 2010, 05:46 PM

Hrockle knows what's in an order marker Hrockle knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroes of Fiction Thread

Quote:
Hrockle,

I have no intention of modeling or molding any minis. There are a large variety of minis you can find online that could probably serve the purpose of proxing almost any custom you can think of.

In other words, don't worry, and we'd love to have you here with us.
Thanks, I already have a couple ideas, just have to find the right figure.
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Side note, are you planning on doing this kind of as each figure comes, or by series/movie/whatever? Do you have a preliminary list of possible future cards for design? Is the list subject to change with availability of figures or proxies?
I'd like to leave it completely up to each individual designer. If one of our designers has a fetish for LotR, he can make a character every time it gets to his turn. I envision the beauty of this thread to be it's wide variety of genres and ideas.

As long as a suitable figure or proxy exists, it's fair game to create that card.
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrockle View Post
Quote:
Hrockle,

I have no intention of modeling or molding any minis. There are a large variety of minis you can find online that could probably serve the purpose of proxing almost any custom you can think of.

In other words, don't worry, and we'd love to have you here with us.
Thanks, I already have a couple ideas, just have to find the right figure.
No hurry. It'll probably be a couple days before we start on the first card.

Last edited by Balantai; July 13th, 2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old July 13th, 2010, 06:06 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Side note, are you planning on doing this kind of as each figure comes, or by series/movie/whatever? Do you have a preliminary list of possible future cards for design? Is the list subject to change with availability of figures or proxies?
I'd like to leave it completely up to each individual designer. If one of our designers has a fetish for LotR, he can make a character every time it gets to his turn. I envision the beauty of this thread to be it's wide variety of genres and ideas.

As long as a suitable figure or proxy exists, it's fair game to create that card.
Cool deal. We are going to need some kind of structure to all this. Do you have ideas about that?
Old July 13th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:

Cool deal. We are going to need some kind of structure to all this. Do you have ideas about that?
Yes. I have a bunch of ideas.

The rotation already exists in my initial post. One at a time, we choose a semi-famous fictional character and post a first draft. The draft needs to include the miniature being used. We then give ideas and possible critiques to the designer. It's ultimately the designer's decision what stays and what goes. Once the card has been hashed out, including cost, we'll need 'thumb ups' from a majority of the designers. We'll then get the custom on a card and move on to the next designer.

Last edited by Balantai; July 13th, 2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old July 13th, 2010, 07:35 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Balantai, what if we already have a card made up for a particular character? I even have an idea on backstory on why he was brought to valhalla and everything.
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:35 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Guess what I am asking Balantai is can I go 1st and then you can skip me the 1st time around in the rotation.
Old July 14th, 2010, 09:13 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

I do have a concern here. In doing a little online research for ideas on upcoming cards, I am noticing there is not alot of possiblity for proxy/similiar figures out there. Is having a figure going to be a requirement for making the card or can we skirt that sometimes if a suitable proxy/figure cannot be found?
Old July 14th, 2010, 09:42 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Since I've already been doing some of this, and I haven't been a part of a group project before, I would love to pitch in as well (obviously, I would do figs from classic literature ).
Old July 14th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

If we can't find a figure, then we should at least find a stand-in - a figure that would have most of the same characteristics like species and size. Like Roger Moore when he replaced Sean Connery as James Bond.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 14th, 2010, 09:48 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I generally like to have figs for the cards I make. You would be surprised at just how many figs are out there that could appropriately fill the need. It takes some searching around sometimes, but they are out there.
Old July 14th, 2010, 09:59 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd like in, but I'm concerned by the breadth of the thread. "Heroes of Fiction" is a REALLY wide net: it pretty much covers everything, including all of the customs projects that already exist. I might suggest making a couple different threads, such as "Heroes of Cinema," and "Heroes of Literature," so that things don't just get entirely muddled together.

That said, I definitely have some ideas I'd like to get out there.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum