Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 17th, 2010, 07:47 PM

Brian_conatser Woo who?
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Too bad they seem to cancel all of the good Sci-fi. Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Firefly, Farscape, old V, Alien Nation.. and too many more that I cant think of.

Sorry to derail the thread... Back on topic
Old January 29th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Just watched a PBS documentary about Dr. Freeman, a lobotomist.

From the Wikipedia article on Rosemary Kennedy:

Quote:
We went through the top of the head, I think she was awake. She had a mild tranquilizer. I made a surgical incision in the brain through the skull. It was near the front. It was on both sides. We just made a small incision, no more than an inch." The instrument Dr. Watts used looked like a butter knife. He swung it up and down to cut brain tissue. "We put an instrument inside," he said. As Dr. Watts cut, Dr. Freeman put questions to Rosemary. For example, he asked her to recite the Lord's Prayer or sing "God Bless America" or count backwards. ... "We made an estimate on how far to cut based on how she responded." ... When she began to become incoherent, they stopped.
*shudders*

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old February 11th, 2010, 12:12 AM

Packerfan94 Woo who?

Lately I have been obsessed with the show Supernatural on the CW. It is absolutely amazing. It is currently in its fifth, and possibly last, season. It is about these two brothers named Sam and Dean who go out on a search to find there father who disappeared while "hunting". The three of them are what are known as hunters, which are people who know what is out there in the real world. From Vampires and Ghosts to Demons and Angels. They spend there time hunting these things to save people. Towards the later half of the series it becomes very storyline oriented with the demons facing off against the angels and them trying to stop the apocalypse. It is a very addicting show and I can almost guarantee if you start watching you will be hooked.
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:47 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just watched the first episode of LIFE on the Discovery channel - Absolutely amazing. Although I don't know why Oprah is the voice for the series.

In the US, they apparently feel we need a celebrity. The UK version had David Attenborough narrating, which you know, who'd have thunk you'd use a real naturalist. Crazy British!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:48 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Celebrity Apprentice! It's more about money rather than actual business, but it's still quite fun to watch.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old March 21st, 2010, 10:05 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Just watched the first episode of LIFE on the Discovery channel - Absolutely amazing. Although I don't know why Oprah is the voice for the series.

In the US, they apparently feel we need a celebrity. The UK version had David Attenborough narrating, which you know, who'd have thunk you'd use a real naturalist. Crazy British!
I had to turn it. I really don't like Oprah's voice. I think it is kind of grating.
Old March 24th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Watched Cosmos yesterday, first episode.

Always love hearing about Eratosthenes - talk about one of the most brilliant people of all time, simply reading about the shadows on the longest day of the year at high noon led a man in 3rd century BC not only proving that the Earth was a sphere, but figuring its size to a far greater precision than anyone else would for almost 2000 years.

And just loving Lost - getting so close now, and finally answers!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 30th, 2010, 02:31 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

The new episode of The Atheist Experience.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've also been watching Life. Its very interesting. Yes I agree its weird having Oprah narrate.

I've also recently gotten into House. Its become predictable, but its funny at times, and intersting.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:43 AM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Been watching Supernatural! The new episodes just picked up again last Thursday, March 24th. It's funny, it's jaw-dropping, it's emotional, it's great!
Old March 30th, 2010, 09:36 AM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

New season of Mythbusters! YES!
Old March 30th, 2010, 10:20 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

New Office Episode=

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV