Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 13th, 2020, 05:33 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

The NYC gang of four (minus Kolakoski) played a HS scenario of the Jungle Pond map by kriegskeks. Everyone had to choose at least two units from the Heroes of Fiction project.

I chose Thundaar the Barbarian and Ookla the Mok.

chas had Buffy and Katnis Everdeen.

SD had Duncan McLoed and Enzio. I believe he had two others but I forget which.

SD won.

Afterwards, we played Nanty Narking (my second time winning the game - I'm 2 for 2!).
Then we played Islebound, which SD won.

I slept over at chas' house and we played Hellenica with a third player named Matt. chas won.

Old January 14th, 2020, 05:05 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

SD also used Neo and Agent J. He was the only player to use all Heroes of Fiction cards!

The Hellenica: Story of Greece game was only the third we played here. For a session report see BGG:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread...-overseas-game

This used two City States we had not played yet; besides Athens they were Troy and Byzantium. This "Overseas" game was very different than the two we had played previously taking place only on the Greek mainland. We are playing Hellenica again next Saturday using Corcyra, the only City State not yet taken.

Hellenica is a particularly beautiful game, featuring eight different ancient building miniatures, and if you've ever been to Greece you'll recognize the colors of the countryside on the board. It features an innovative design with many different elements, but plays faster than most multiplayer games. The designer is working on an expansion.

Last edited by chas; January 14th, 2020 at 05:31 AM.
Old January 14th, 2020, 05:25 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Over the holidays, among many other games, we played Lift Off (Z-Man), which came out in 2018 in Germany but took a long time to appear in English, and finally has done so. Set in the 1950s, its a Eurogame about being a Space Agency launching missions up into space. With colorful thematic components and art including efficient 3D printed plastic part containers, a player uses money to customize his rocket and provide payload capacity, fuel, and other necessary launch elements, while choosing among card missions which provide various rewards when in orbit. Players can also visit the International Space Station.

As the game goes on over four stages, available missions become more expensive and complex, but also more rewarding. We played a 3 Player game of a possible 4 Players our first time out, and the scoring was pretty close the whole time. Finally I managed to win, which surprised me, as I had been happy to just learn the rules and cruise along as best I could.

Its a fun game. The designer actually works for the European Space Agency!
Old January 26th, 2020, 01:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I've been playing a lot more of Marvel Champions LCG. After a quick game this morning, I have 54 games played.

I've started to move past the various iterations of Rhino and with various heroes and pairs of heroes. I took Captain Marvel out for a spin solo vs Klaw, and after her beating him in standard form fairly easy, I tried her against expert Klaw. It took 3 or 4 tries before beating him, but won the last game I played.

Love the game and keep it setup on one now my tables in the basement. So it's just a matter of changing out heroes or villains, or changing villain modules and modes and I am good to go anytime.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 6th, 2020, 02:51 PM

I'm thinking of borrowing and playing two games soon which I may have the chance to purchase. These are Merchants & Marauders and Risk Europe. If you've played either of them, please share your opinions of these games!
Old February 6th, 2020, 04:35 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I really enjoy Firefly, which I hear is basically the same as Merchants and Marauders. I like the Firefly theme over ships, so I'm sticking there.

But if they ARE in fact very similar, it's really neat. Firefly really makes you feel like a captain in the vastness of space, so I can imagine the Merchants theme being just as immersive.
Old February 6th, 2020, 04:36 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I really enjoy Firefly, which I hear is basically the same as Merchants and Marauders. I like the Firefly theme over ships, so I'm sticking there.

But if they ARE in fact very similar, it's really neat. Firefly really makes you feel like a captain in the vastness of space, so I can imagine the Merchants theme being just as immersive.
You're correct. M&M is a great game.

Old February 6th, 2020, 06:01 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

I feel Star Wars Outer Rim has taken what was good about Firefly & streamlined it for a more enjoyable game that doesn't drag on. I haven't played M&M though but it does look cool though. Seriously who doesn't like pirates, of the sea or of space?
Old February 6th, 2020, 06:03 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah Firefly does have the tendency to drag, since there's no in-game timer. If all of you happen to get screwed and lose everything at the same time, you just added that much time to the game. Still love playing it but it's an all-nighter many times.
Old February 8th, 2020, 08:49 AM

A friend just gifted me his copy of Merchants and Marauders! He played it once and didn't like it, so much so that he says he'll never play it again. He got it from a pal of his who also didn't care for it. Its a story telling game rather than a strategy game, and not every one is up for that. Still, on BGG, many swear its the best pirate game out there!

Apparently the game has just been reprinted, and is newly available from the Z-Man site! I'm looking now for the only expansion, Seas of Glory, which is still listed as Out of Stock. But according to a poster on BGG, its also due for a reprint, and I'll get it, since its supposed to be great.

YMMV, but personally I disliked Xia, which I played for the first time for a couple of turns, after arranging for a gamer buddy to get a copy of it from another comrade who was selling it. The recipient had lost his original copy, and was very happy to get it back.

On the other hand, I love Firefly, all of whose expansions I own. Go figure.

So we'll see what happens, as I expect to play my first M&M game next week, and to pick up the expansion as soon as I can! I've been very lucky lately, learning about several games just when they have first become available or reprinted!
Old February 8th, 2020, 10:34 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Played some Spirit Island last night. It was fun enough and I like it more than, say, Pandemic, but about three plays in I'm already wondering if it's too easy? I think we're finally playing it correctly, but we never really felt like the island was in any danger. Is this typical?

Also played Spartacus with an expansion that allows for team matches in the arena. Very fun. I tend to play that as an economic game, though, and managed to win by just having more cash on hand than my opponents, even though they severely outmatched me in the arena.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 8th, 2020, 01:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That is one of the things that makes Spartacus so interesting to play. Multiple strategies can lead you to victory. I've seen players win by dominating the arena, but I've also seen players win the game without winning a single gladiator match. The one house that can win just by sending everyone to the mines is one you have to keep an eye on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games