Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old January 26th, 2020, 12:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Great setup and congrats on the win @TREX . You certainly did have a lot of activations there

I finally started watching Star Wars Rebels so I can get an idea what Sabine is. Only have the first two episodes watched, but I really like it already.
I have been list building and came up with a fun looking rebel build that has Leia in an 11 activation lists. Its certainly easier getting more activations with rebels over Empire.
I have deleted my facebook account and will just be posting here when I do. I wasnt on there a ton but was on there more than I liked. Kind of a waste of time. Just wanted to let you know.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 28th, 2020, 12:56 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ive been building more lists for all 4 factions. I was going to post a few of them and discuss what units Im using and how I plan to use them just for fun. Anyone who plays or has any lists of their own they want to share and discuss them is encouraged to do so.

Ill start with my list called Leias all rounder:
800/800
Leia Organa (90 + 7 = 97)
--Commanding Presence (5), Recon Intel (2)

Rebel Troopers (40 + 25 = 65)
--Z-6 Trooper (22), Environmental Gear (3)

Rebel Commandos (Strike Team) (20 + 32 = 52)
--DH-447 Sniper (2, Overwatch (4)

Wookiee Warriors (75 + 12 = 87)
--Offensive Push (4), Hunter (6), Recon Intel (2)

Tauntaun Riders (90 + 9 = 99)
--Offensive Push (4), Comms Jammer (5)

AT-RT (55 + 20 = 75)
--AT-RT Laser Cannon (20)

Commands:
Ambush (1), Sabotaged Communications (1), Turning the Tide (2), Push (2), Assault (3), Covering Fire (3), Standing Orders (4)
This list has enough punch that I think it could handle a mixed variety of most any enemies. In general for Imperial, rebel, and republic Ive shyed away from the personnel slot. If you dont take a personnel on 4 squads of corps you can get 1 additional trooper squad. When taking the heavy trooper there are options to double your dice for have the cost of a full squad. Id usually take the rotary cannon on the atrt but took the laser cannon to help with armor threats. On this list Id also consider swapping the Wookiees for an additional atrt with rotary blaster or another laser cannon.

Old January 28th, 2020, 04:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Lots of activations there @TREX .

I haven't made a list in a long time. Haven't played since last May, and it might be close to that before I get to play again.

I'm going to demo Fallout Wasteland Warfare at a small local convention at the end of February, so I'll probably start working on setting up a small 2x2 setup and scenario to demo with. Probably spend a couple weekends on that. I will still paint my Legion stuff, as I have so much yet to do.

Hopefully I'll be able to get my buddy Brian to play more Legion. Maybe the skirmish rules will help get the game played more.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; January 28th, 2020 at 05:43 PM.
Old January 28th, 2020, 05:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Speaking of Legion, I did just finish Bossk.

Old January 28th, 2020, 06:56 PM
"like" happy

Looks great @Hahma . I like the orangish yellow you went with. I went pretty yellow with mine. It turned out pretty good. But I like your colorscheme a little better. I started detail painting my clone wars stuff last night. Base coated the B1 droids in a beige and drybrushed them all very quickly with an ivory. They are a little lighter than I was going for but when I wash them it should hit the mark. Im painting them up very cannon and boring but It should go fast. Im going to do the same with my phase 1 clones. Canon and boring. After Im done with those Ill probably try my hand at some of my models I put together on the computer to 3d print. The phase 2 clones will be getting the different squad markings of the 501st and the 212th for sure. I have a repulsor tank I 3d printed awhile back. Im mounting an extra top torso of a clone gunner to the top with magnets that came as an extra option for the barc speeder. I have one more of those. My brother is going to print another repulsor tank and two droid repulsor tanks along with some big bases hes going to model for me. I still plan on buying at least one set of everything and have been slowly checking off the lists from selling other games/models. It wont matter much for us because we dont play competitive.

Old January 29th, 2020, 11:34 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks @TREX ! I had looked at some images of him and he does where a yellow jumpsuit, but I felt I could get a little more pop with reds and oranges.

I don't know much about Clone Wars. As it's been since the original theater releases that I had seen the movies. Haven't watched the animated series yet, and I'm guessing that is where the majority of the CW fandom comes from for Legion.

Doing source material paint jobs may be boring, but it should be quicker

You will certainly have a massive amount of stuff printed and painted for the game. Fortunately you have regular playing partners.

Old January 29th, 2020, 11:59 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Whoa; that's amazing H!
Old January 29th, 2020, 12:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Whoa; that's amazing H!
Thanks Porkins

I was pretty happy with how he turned out, and was happy with how Sabine turned out as well.

In case you hadn't seen her.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...postcount=1619

Old January 29th, 2020, 01:03 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Whoa; that's amazing H!
The Legion models blow the old WOTC models out of the water. The slightly larger scale is able to capture tons more detail and makes painting them easier and more enjoyable. The other aspect that I really like is that the vehicles are properly scaled with the minis. It makes the ATST that much more menacing. Topping off the fact that Legions game mechanics are really solid and a bunch of fun. Im really loving everything about this game. Id even go as far as to say its the best star wars game Ive ever played.

Old February 2nd, 2020, 11:49 PM
"like" happy

I had a fun game with my brother in law Steve. I set up the figures we used on the battlefield after we finished. The final for the win was a pierce 1 headshot from veers on chewbacca. I eliminated all opposing figures by the end of round 5. Playing on my 3x4 with skirmish setup and standard 800pt armies is so much fun.
Here are some pics of my alien world underdark battle.

It was super fun. I love coordinating fire with my emplacement troopers. It was the first time I ran those and also the first time I ran a tank. The tank can soak up some damage and is more maneuverable than I thought. I even blocked a atrt with a flame thrower so he couldnt roast my stormtroopers. Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Edit: I plan on finishing up my alien underdark terrain with a black base board maybe highlighted with some of the same colors here and there as well as cracks in the ground. As ell s some interesting colored foilage to compliment the illuminated giant mushrooms, crystals, and rocks. Im also planning on doing up some accent pieces to represent the interior of a star destroyer or the like. When I get more of my heroscape terrain cleared out I should have room for different types of terrain storage opened up.

Last edited by TREX; February 3rd, 2020 at 03:15 AM.
Old February 10th, 2020, 01:56 PM
"like" happy

Been doing a lot of list building lately for legion. Its pretty convenient with the tabletop admiral site logged into my account and pinned to my phones desktop. Ive been swapping fun lists back and forth with my brother in law and one brother. We have found that playing 800 pt games on a 3x3 or 3x4 is the most satisfying. It allows all your units to be able to get in on the action and doesnt take as many actions to get things done. I still like the 3x6 but my custom 3x4 board is so fun. After selling a sizable chunk of my heroscape, I was able to recover the money I had paid out on my medical bills and had some to spare so I finally picked up a 3rd core set for clone wars. Its enough to run options now for the 2 new factions. Ill be getting that box today. The other two core sets are assembled and primed. Some droids are base coated. Ill be trying to finish all those by the weekend. Ive cleared out enough hs terrain that I decided to fill out some more alien fauna for my underdark board and also some structures with grating mesh to fill out an interior of an imperial base. I think Ill also make a board that is black. That should help create a better base for the underdark and Imperial installation. Lots of fun stuff coming out for Legion. Im grateful to have gotten to play a game once every two weeks or so. Ive been looking into checking out the differences in walking dead all out war and walking dead call to arms. Ive heard it takes the few things that Im not a fan of taken care of. For instance, Ive never been a fan of splitting the different actions up for the characters in different phases. Like moving, searching, and shooting, then doing the melee actions later. Also Ive found that all the games we play go certain way. The player with the higher nerve characters run the threat tracker up indiscriminately to make the other characters panic and then hold the game there while picking up just enough objectives to beat the opponent. Even though it is thematic, it just isnt fun at that point for the lower nerve character players. Ive seen both sides of this as both my favorite teams are low nerve convicts and the high nerve Negan with his crew. I heard they got rid of the threat tracker as well as event cards. Apparently the events are decided at the front of the game similar to the condition cards legion uses. It sounds like a pretty good upgrade for game mechanics for skirmish and vs modes. While maybe the all out war mechanics are good for solo/coop play. Not sure when, but possibly upgrading to those rules in the future is something Ive talked to my brother in law about. The improvements look great but Im not entirely sold on the price point yet. As soon as I get caught up painting my new legion armies I would like to try out fallout and wrath of kings. The starter box for fallout wasteland warfare is still big enough for a game right?

Old February 10th, 2020, 10:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, the core set of Fallout is enough to play with. The only issue, as with any core set for miniatures games, is that you'll find that you will want more options. You can equip the characters differently to add more variety and you don't need a ton of models per side.

That said, I like having more options for list building. Different characters/units can change of how games feel, as besides different stats, there are some cool abilities that are character specific. And certain scenarios may also require more lockpicking or computer hacking the firepower.

I have a lot of the survivors/settlers models, as well as Super Mutants, Brotherhood of Steel and more recently, a bunch of Raiders. I've also got Radscorpions, and Radroaches. 3 Assaultrons, 2 Protectrons, a Sentry Bot and Eyebot round out my robots.

There are also the machine gun turrets and laser turrets. There are even rules for vehicles and having them explode.

Lots of cool stuff.

I'm almost done painting my 2nd set of Imperial Scouts. Should be getting my Imperial and Rebel unit upgrade sets soon, as well as operative Luke and Vader, and the Escape Pod set with R2D2 and C3PO.

While I don't get to play Legion near as much as you do @TREX , I do enjoy painting the models.

I've been playing a lot of Marvel Champions LCG, about 55 games in so far. Eating away at my hobby time I am also running a demo of Fallout Wasteland Warfare at a local convention at the end of the month, so I've been working on playtesting a scenario for it.

Last edited by Hahma; February 11th, 2020 at 06:53 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures