Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 3rd, 2019, 02:26 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Alternate Sculpts

Proxy for Red Ants of Aunstrom or Xualtiaca Fire Ants:

Pathfinder Battles: Jungle of Despair #006 Giant Ant

Personally I have some of these as well as some of the official Safari Good Luck and Dungeon Crawler minis and they make a good squad of 3 unique sculpts useful for either C3V/SoV squad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
These Pathfinder red ants may be a good alternative if you cant find the ones shown? They actually feel more Heroscapey to me. And are much easier to find, and cheaper.

Old December 3rd, 2019, 03:28 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Those are definitely not cheaper than a 10 cents Safari per ant but they do look good.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 3rd, 2019, 09:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I might be willing to pay a little more for ants that were less squishy.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 5th, 2019, 06:01 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Heads up for those who want Microtroopers. @robbdaman mentioned that this Assault Ranger Squad is a good proxy and now it's on sale for $3.25. I just ordered a box!

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgdt004.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
There's a bunch of Dust packs on super Black Friday sale as well, including the Gorillatrooper alternates for $5. Lots of others some may make good proxies for other things as well. Zombie Nazis anyone?
Sorry to do this on this thread, but I bought a couple boxes of those Dust miniatures, and they seem pretty good except at the waist, there's a pretty significant gap where the model turns. Did either of you fill in those gaps? Would you have any recommendations for how to do so? Seems like the gap is big enough to bug me, but small enough that it would be hard to get glue into...

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 5th, 2019, 06:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Heads up for those who want Microtroopers. @robbdaman mentioned that this Assault Ranger Squad is a good proxy and now it's on sale for $3.25. I just ordered a box!

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgdt004.html
Quote:
There's a bunch of Dust packs on super Black Friday sale as well, including the Gorillatrooper alternates for $5. Lots of others some may make good proxies for other things as well. Zombie Nazis anyone?
Sorry to do this on this thread, but I bought a couple boxes of those Dust miniatures, and they seem pretty good except at the waist, there's a pretty significant gap where the model turns. Did either of you fill in those gaps? Would you have any recommendations for how to do so? Seems like the gap is big enough to bug me, but small enough that it would be hard to get glue into...
Sounds like greenstuff would work here flash.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 5th, 2019, 07:00 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I would say it's a fairly small gap IMO but I do prefer to not have moving parts on my minis so superglued them solid. On the gaps on mine I may just fill in with a drop of white glue as it'd be a lot less work than pushing tiny bits of putty into the gaps and would fill it in easily.

Old December 5th, 2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I might be willing to pay a little more for ants that were less squishy.
The Safari ants are very rubbery I agree, I found that easier to pose them a bit different on bases so they look a bit more like a regular squad. If harder plastic is desired the fake ants that are listed in the second post are hard injection mold style plastic.

Old December 5th, 2019, 07:47 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I would say it's a fairly small gap IMO but I do prefer to not have moving parts on my minis so superglued them solid. On the gaps on mine I may just fill in with a drop of white glue as it'd be a lot less work than pushing tiny bits of putty into the gaps and would fill it in easily.
Cool. And that seemed to work fine for you?

EDIT: And thanks for your suggestion to @TREX !

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 5th, 2019, 07:49 PM

I've not filled them in with while glue just yet. I may give it a go.

Old December 8th, 2019, 04:59 PM

TreePowerz is surprisingly tart

Has anyone considered using Arena of the Planeswalkers figures as alternate sculpts? It seems like they would make good alternates as they are already the same scale and have the same bases. They are also very cheap.

I believe the only issues would be they are not pre-painted and I'm not sure how similar the planeswalker units appear to Heroscape units. I've only seen pictures but I think there are some fire elementals and archers in the set. I could see those filling in as various Heroscape archers or the fire elemental heroes.
Old December 8th, 2019, 07:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreePowerz View Post
Has anyone considered using Arena of the Planeswalkers figures as alternate sculpts? It seems like they would make good alternates as they are already the same scale and have the same bases. They are also very cheap.

I believe the only issues would be they are not pre-painted and I'm not sure how similar the planeswalker units appear to Heroscape units. I've only seen pictures but I think there are some fire elementals and archers in the set. I could see those filling in as various Heroscape archers or the fire elemental heroes.
Why use them as proxies when this project exists?
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...play.php?f=169

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 8th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There's quite a few from aotp that I use as proxies for official and c3v/sov figures.

I have a few I listed in this thread somewhere.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs