Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 27th, 2019, 02:23 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Hrognak (Mounted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Oh, I see. You still have him on the base he comes on. I cut mine off and glued him on. Makes him more of a unified, single mini. IMHO. I can't imagine endorsing any other way, but it's not something we discussed internally.
You actually just answered my next question! I do have him based but I'm going to remove him and glue him directly on the Trihorn. For some reason I thought I saw in the picture that he had to be on his personal base.

Thanks!
Old November 27th, 2019, 10:48 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Cutting off of the base and gluing it to the howdah will probably look better, yes. Though personally I'm keeping mine on the base to use without the trihorn too, and that's what I've been encouraging those in our local scene to do as well. That archer is hard to find! So for those who have it I think it makes sense to be economic and let it pull double duty.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 27th, 2019, 11:39 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Cutting off of the base and gluing it to the howdah will probably look better, yes. Though personally I'm keeping mine on the base to use without the trihorn too, and that's what I've been encouraging those in our local scene to do as well. That archer is hard to find! So for those who have it I think it makes sense to be economic and let it pull double duty.
I had the Gruumsh box set so I had an extra one to spare. I think as long as the base is securely attached to the Trihorn it shouldn't be a problem. There aren't too many tournament maps with overhangs anyway.
Old December 1st, 2019, 07:19 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Something really cool to do would be to cut a hole in the howdah (that's how you call the dino, right ?)'s platform, the size of Hrognak's base, with a small magnet under it. Then you replace Hrognak's base with the cuted circle on the platform and just paint the borders for a more "classic heroscape base" feeling.
And that's it, when you use mounted Hrognak you have a fully integrated figure, hold by a magnet, and you can remove the Orc to make a standalone hero.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; December 1st, 2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old December 1st, 2019, 07:35 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Something really cool to do would be to cut a hole in the howdah (that's how you call the dino, right ?)'s platform, the size of Hrognak's base, with a small magnet under it. Then you replace Hrognak's base with the cuted circle on the platform and shut paint the borders for a more "classic heroscape base" feeling.
And that's it, when you use mounted Hrognak you have a fully integrated figure, hold by a magnet, and you can remote the Orc to make a standalone hero.
The howdah is the platform, not the dino, chap. The dino is something like a triceratops (not sure if it's any specific dinosaur, but something along those lines).
Howdahs are platforms placed on the backs of large animals (usually elephants) in the real world, often used for parades, hunting or warfare. This is how a large number of war elephants were employed in real life - they'd often have a howdah with archers mounted inside it.
Cool idea, though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 1st, 2019, 05:16 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Ow... okay then.... I just discovered that this word also exists in french the same way..!

(I'm not editing my message, I guess it will make some more people to laugh at it, still being understandable )

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 04:42 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Ow... okay then.... I just discovered that this word also exists in french the same way..!
That doesn't surprise me, it's a loan word, basically - initially Arabic or Indian I believe. I don't think any western-European culture has actually used animals that such a contraption could be used on, let alone needed to come up with their own word for it.
It's not exactly common word, I'll grant you! I just happen to be a massive history nerd, so it's fairly familiar to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 25th, 2020, 09:01 AM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker

Is there a way to purchase one of these figures as pictured??? I just saw Sir Heroscape's recent video and this figure was just so freakin cool

“Inspiration is reciprocal; we all have a responsibility to each other to create” -Oviya Pashiri

Old February 25th, 2020, 10:08 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

@Soundwarp SG-1 can set you up with everything except the archer mini, which you have to find for yourself (and glue onto the platform). I don't *think* he's run out of them yet.

There is a perfectly acceptable alternate orc archer in my Alternate Sculpts thread, linked in my sig, though you'd have to paint it.

Perhaps you can track down the original, or some other acceptable alternate. And if you do find a good second choice, please let me know so I can add it to the Alternate Sculpts thread!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 25th, 2020, 10:25 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Message @Soundwarp SG-1 to see if he still has - it will have all but the Orc which you can find online then glue. Full set of Blood of Gruumsh goes for more than $120 now, but you can find the Orc Archer on some online stores such as CoolStuffInc, Google and eBay
Old February 25th, 2020, 03:37 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I don’t have any Trihorns left (except ones already claimed that I still need to ship to people)

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 25th, 2020, 03:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That makes me so happy!

Could you just make the howdah and associated gear? The trihorns are still plentiful out in the wild, so to speak, I believe. Then a person can get the trihorn and the archer mini from wherever, and you send everything else. A little glue and it's beautiful.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs