Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 28th, 2019, 12:49 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Hrognak (Mounted)

The Book of Hrognak

Navess's Repentance - Heroes of Jutanguard

ORC MOVEMENT AURA
If an Orc figure you control begins its turn within 2 clear sight spaces of Hrognak, it may move 1 additional space. Hrognak's Orc Movement Aura does not affect Hrognak.

TRIHORN CHARGE 3
Hrognak rolls 3 additional attack dice when attacking any figure that was at least 3 clear sight spaces away from Hrognak at the start of his turn.

HOWDAH ARCHER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 2.
After attacking normally, Hrognak may attack with Howdah Archer Special Attack. Hrognak may target and attack non-adjacent figures with Howdah Archer Special Attack while engaged.

The first figure used for this unit is a D&D figure from the Blood of Gruumsh set. The name of the figure is Orc Archer. The second figure used for this unit is a D&D figure from the Lords of Madness set. The name of the figure is Trihorn Behemoth.

This figure fits on a double-spaced base.

The PDF for this card can be downloaded here:

An .STL for 3D printing the Howda, credit to @White Knight can be downloaded here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5983335

Character Bio: (from the Front Page)
The earth trembles beneath you. Do not stand on the road! You are not safe! Hrognak's legend has indeed grown. He now sits atop a mighty trihorn, and if you are lucky enough not to get trampled, you may live long enough to get shot with an arrow.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
Q: Can I have both Hrognak and Hrognak (mounted) in the same army?
A: No. Just like Raelin and Drake, you cannot have two Unique Heroes with the same name in your army at once. You and your opponent however may have different versions of Hrognak.

Q: Can Hrognak attack with Howdah Archer Special Attack if he does not attack with his normal attack?
A: Yes. Just like previous powers that state “before moving” or “after moving and before attacking”, it isn’t contingent on actually doing those functions (you can choose not to move, just like you can choose not to attack). Rather, "after attacking" tells you when that special power takes effect during Hrognak's turn. Howdah Archer Special Attack is an attack action which may either follow a normal attack, or may be the only attack of the turn.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Offered

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - Arrow Gruts : Beast Bonding
    As a beast, Hrognak may benefit from Arrow Gruts’ BEAST BONDING activation bonus.
  • - Ornak : Red Flag of Fury
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Hrognak may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
  • Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider : Orc Defensive Aura 1
    As an Orc, Hrognak may benefit from Nerak's ORC DEFENSIVE AURA 1 defense bonus.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
A whole lot of points to sink, but the combination of the ranged ping and the threat of the massive charge is quite versatile. B+

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; November 13th, 2023 at 07:50 PM. Reason: added basing info; Updated with FAQ's and Nerak synergy
Old October 28th, 2019, 12:56 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Hrognak

To get the modded Trihorn mount, contact Soundwarp SG-1. At the time of posting it is currently $10 + Shipping. Stock is mildly limited, so act soon!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 13th, 2019, 09:50 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I take it that the unique hero rules for multiple versions of the same character apply here as well? As in, you can't have Hrognak's stand alone card and this version of Hrognak in the same army?
Old November 13th, 2019, 10:04 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Good question. The answer is definitely yes, as stated in the SotM rulebook.
Old November 13th, 2019, 10:22 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Good question. The answer is definitely yes, as stated in the SotM rulebook.
Awesome, thanks!
Old November 22nd, 2019, 05:20 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The C3V Rules Team would like to add the following R&C:
Quote:
Q: Can Hrognak attack with Howdah Archer Special Attack if he does not attack with his normal attack?
A: Yes.
Just like previous powers that state “before moving” or “after moving and before attacking”, it isn’t contingent on actually doing those functions (you can choose not to move, just like you can choose not to attack). Rather, "after attacking" tells you when that special power takes effect during Hrognak's turn. Howdah Archer Special Attack is an attack action which may either follow a normal attack, or may be the only attack of the turn.
Old November 23rd, 2019, 04:07 AM

Seb from space knows what's in an order marker Seb from space knows what's in an order marker Seb from space knows what's in an order marker

Hrognak may also benefit of Nerak's orc defensive aura.
Old November 25th, 2019, 01:37 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Could I request that this thread get renamed "The Book of Hrognak (Mounted)" or 2.0 or something similar? (Much like how the Drake and Raelin books are named -- it makes it so much easier to search for.)

Also wanted to drop these pictures off here from our gathering last Saturday. These models are awesome and great on the battlefield, so why not thirteen!?

(Thanks again for this great work @Soundwarp SG-1 !!)

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 27th, 2019, 12:37 PM

Question regarding Hrognak on top. Is the intention for his base to be glued to the top of Trihorn? I'm asking because it does have implications for moving through overhangs as a loose Hrognak can move around the top of Trihorn as it goes through tight spaces helping him squeeze through narrow paths.

If he is to be glued, then it becomes more challenging for him to fit in certain spots if he does not have any give.

It came up during a game because he was able to get past a palm tree by sliding around the base of Trihorn a little.. Had he been glued, he would not have been able to pass.
Old November 27th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I just have the mini glued to the top of the howdah. If your Hrognak is doing double duty, then I guess you might want to find a way to keep it on its base while on the trihorn.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 27th, 2019, 01:58 PM
I could go

My personal ruling would be... move the tree as needed.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 27th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hrognak (Mounted)

Oh, I see. You still have him on the base he comes on. I cut mine off and glued him on. Makes him more of a unified, single mini. IMHO. I can't imagine endorsing any other way, but it's not something we discussed internally.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs