Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 14 70.00%
ehh, maybe 6 30.00%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 27th, 2019, 12:06 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Trex's Customs:Updated LOTR 10/24/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
"Engagement" dropping into the last line makes it look weird. Not sure what can be dome to fix it. Maybe try to trim a word or letter somewhere from the text before it.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I'll have to look it over to see if it can be chopped down just a little bit. It auto fills the text in the X2 Card creator.

EDIT: Also wanted to put my first draft of Sauron up here: I realize that at 225 pts, he may still be underpriced.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; October 27th, 2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old October 27th, 2019, 02:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the Red Skull like OM flex concept for him, he's for sure a general type of unit.

Not as excited about the rejected from death power, not only is it a huge driver of points but thematically when he's finally defeated on the battle field everyone believes he's been destroyed and he lies in wait for 1000's of years rebuilding his power before trying to return and even then he was just a presence and didn't have a physical form. To physically defeat him only to have him reappear and need to physically defeat him again 10 minutes later doesn't jive for me personally.

Was thinking the base 4 def./5 life could come up though, even with the ring allowing him to avoid attacks 50% of the time, he should be very difficult to take down. Not sure how thematically correct the going invisible during battle part is though, we don't ever really see Sauron doing that (pride or overconfidence?), he just dukes it out and uses the ring to control others. Actually, with the One Ring allowing him to boost his own att. by 3 without an penalty, the base att. of 7 seems like too much, that would give him 10 att. dice.

As I'm typing right this I'm starting to convince myself that he doesn't actually need the treasure glyph One Ring, but rather just have it's effects on him baked into the stats and represented in other powers. Like maybe he should be able to use the ring to try and take temp. control of other figures (opponents, allies, or both?). His relationship with the One Ring seems different then other holders of the ring.

So this would be my pitch of a take for him to you.

Life 7
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 7
Defense 7
Points ?

Will of Sauron

Mind Exchange 13? type of power, maybe with a bonus to the roll if the figure has the One Ring and/or a bonus if the figure is only you already control?

Concept is you can park him in the SZ and just control the flow of the battle via proxy (will of Sauron) at the beginning of the fight. Using allies (including squads) to take down or weaken the biggest threats to Sauron before he enters the fight. Then you can bring him into the fight mid-battle, and he not only gets to take a turn with his 7 die att., but then after taking a turn he can use the power of the ring to bond with either an ally or an opponent's hero.
Old October 27th, 2019, 03:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I like the Red Skull like OM flex concept for him, he's for sure a general type of unit.

Not as excited about the rejected from death power, not only is it a huge driver of points but thematically when he's finally defeated on the battle field everyone believes he's been destroyed and he lies in wait for 1000's of years rebuilding his power before trying to return and even then he was just a presence and didn't have a physical form. To physically defeat him only to have him reappear and need to physically defeat him again 10 minutes later doesn't jive for me personally.

Was thinking the base 4 def./5 life could come up though, even with the ring allowing him to avoid attacks 50% of the time, he should be very difficult to take down. Not sure how thematically correct the going invisible during battle part is though, we don't ever really see Sauron doing that (pride or overconfidence?), he just dukes it out and uses the ring to control others. Actually, with the One Ring allowing him to boost his own att. by 3 without an penalty, the base att. of 7 seems like too much, that would give him 10 att. dice.

As I'm typing right this I'm starting to convince myself that he doesn't actually need the treasure glyph One Ring, but rather just have it's effects on him baked into the stats and represented in other powers. Like maybe he should be able to use the ring to try and take temp. control of other figures (opponents, allies, or both?). His relationship with the One Ring seems different then other holders of the ring.

So this would be my pitch of a take for him to you.

Life 7
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 7
Defense 7
Points ?

Will of Sauron

Mind Exchange 13? type of power, maybe with a bonus to the roll if the figure has the One Ring and/or a bonus if the figure is only you already control?

Concept is you can park him in the SZ and just control the flow of the battle via proxy (will of Sauron) at the beginning of the fight. Using allies (including squads) to take down or weaken the biggest threats to Sauron before he enters the fight. Then you can bring him into the fight mid-battle, and he not only gets to take a turn with his 7 die att., but then after taking a turn he can use the power of the ring to bond with either an ally or an opponent's hero.
I'm very open to suggestion on Sauron, as that was my first draft. I like the Mind exchange bit. I think I'll remove the 2 and 3rd ability and come up with a thematic take on the mind exchange 13 kind of deal. I really like the idea of him turning his opponents against each other. I may possibly keep the points up where they are and adjust a few things.

Old October 27th, 2019, 03:23 PM
"like" happy

deleted

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 05:12 AM.
Old October 27th, 2019, 05:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That Sauron looks pretty cool to me. Testing can help you hit your desired 250 number by adjusting the d20 roll number and/or bonus number. If that isn't enough, then turn the dial on some of the base stats.
Old October 27th, 2019, 06:53 PM
"like" happy

deleted

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 05:13 AM.
Old October 28th, 2019, 05:58 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I've been having a bit of fun making cards for a bunch of my designs that I've had written down for awhile and since I'm rolling along, I'll put up some of my Star Craft designs here as well. The Tank is interesting in the sense that it isn't for traditional Heroscape. It is designed to be played with my Gridless Variant. Though, I imagine if someone wanted to still use it for traditional Hex based scape it would fit on a 4 hex base. There are also two different models used for it. One tank in Siege mode, the other in tank mode. As far as the Ghost goes. I don't have a nuclear bomb treasure glyph image made up yet, but its not a big deal as its a one and done place holder.

These are a lot of fun, thanks for sharing. I think you captured the siege mode perfectly. Do you have any models for these?
Old October 28th, 2019, 08:09 PM
"like" happy

deleted

Old October 29th, 2019, 06:01 PM
"like" happy

Re: Trex's Customs:Updated LOTR and SC 10/27/19

deleted

Old October 29th, 2019, 07:39 PM
"like" happy

deleted

Old November 6th, 2019, 10:58 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

EDIT: Any of you Starcraft fans browsing here: I'm thinking of making the Protoss follow Aquilla. Any thoughts would be well recieved. I really am excited to make a card for my protoss zealots and especially Zeratul.

Hmm, I can see that. Ullar would capture the mystical side of them but not the mechanical. I think Aquilla would make the most sense.

Zerg should probably be Valkrill. Mindless creatures that governed by one mind.
Old November 6th, 2019, 11:24 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Quote:

EDIT: Any of you Starcraft fans browsing here: I'm thinking of making the Protoss follow Aquilla. Any thoughts would be well recieved. I really am excited to make a card for my protoss zealots and especially Zeratul.

Hmm, I can see that. Ullar would capture the mystical side of them but not the mechanical. I think Aquilla would make the most sense.

Zerg should probably be Valkrill. Mindless creatures that governed by one mind.
Yeah. I like that direction.
As far as the other Starcraft cards go, I made new drafts of the marines and tank. Ill try to get them posted here in a day or so. I will probably post here more if you'd like to discuss them more here. I dont want to flood the facebook page with all the revisions. Ive put a bit of thought in the tank in how it would work and Im not sure about making it sit out a complete turn to set it up or take it down, that direction doesnt have a fun ring to it. I adjusted the marines like you had suggested and tweaked it a little bit. Im liking how it looks and think its been refined quite a bit. Im thinking after I post these versions they will be ready for a little testing. That way I can make sure they are on there way. I have some written versions for protoss zealots and zeratul. I have an Artanis mini but cant remember much about him. Ill have to play some more starcraft 2. I also think I may either try to find a better zerling mini or wait til I get a resin printer. The zerling I printed didnt like the supports enough that I threw it away. Cool to know scapers by their real names, this place is like another home for me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards