Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 4th, 2019, 10:07 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I would like to nominate my custom Seishin Samurai for SoV. The miniature used is the Skeletal Samurai from Pathfinder's Ruins of Lastwall set released this past April.

My apologies for the incoming walls of text.

BALANCE
Spoiler Alert!

CREATIVITY
Spoiler Alert!

THEME
Spoiler Alert!

PLAYABILITY
Spoiler Alert!

AVAILAIBLITY
The Skeletal Samurai is from a recent Pathfinder Battles release in April, so it is still pretty decently available at good prices.

MiniatureMarket: 20+
RPGLocker: 29
TrollandToad: 3
Auggie's Games: 4
SunCityGames: 5
Amazon Sellers: 4

That's 65+ from the usual online sites. Checking eBay just yesterday, I was able to find roughly 50+ additional copies for a total availability of around 120+. All of these listings were between $3 and $6 per sculpt.
Old November 4th, 2019, 10:11 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

How many of these guys would you suggest in a normal army?
Old November 4th, 2019, 10:17 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

2 to 3 Seishin Samurai for normal games is enough. Even in 600-700 point formats, I've rarely found more than two to concurrently be on the board, and 4+ is generally a bad idea.

In Unique builds, that number changes to 1 to 2 depending on which Samurai you pair them with. At 2x, you could get the Izumi Samurai, and 3x is rarely a good investment when you have so few figures left.
Old November 4th, 2019, 10:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

to review.
Old November 4th, 2019, 10:34 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Astroking112 great figure! Anything that helps the samauri is a win in my book.
Old November 5th, 2019, 12:22 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

to review the Seishin Samurai.
Old November 5th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
WAVE OF FEAR
When taking a turn with Seishin Samourai, you may move and attack with all Seishin Samourai that you control.
If I understood well this power, it is oriented with Omegacron-ish powers -- i.e. you don't take a turn with them but only a (normal) move and a (normal) attack -- ?

I wonder if this is not the kind of no-go way due to some corner cases. Other people -- more used to such kind of design choices -- probably more insights than me about this... Maybe I'm wrong, but I have some old memories about "out-of-turn attacks are evil". I let other confirm/infirm these thoughts.

I this is the case, but I guess giving a try to a less error-prone (rulewise) wording could help the design (inspired from Thrall's commun hero special power) :
Quote:
WAVE OF FEAR
After revealing an Order Marker on a Seishin Samourai Army Card, you may take a turn with any or all Seishin Samourai you control.
Just giving my two coins... I don't want to go in any kind of workshopping but the current Wave of Fear power formulation feels dangerous IMO, and from its straightforward intention it looks like it should not be a source of cons arguments.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old November 5th, 2019, 09:47 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Moved to Books.

Last edited by kolakoski; November 6th, 2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old November 5th, 2019, 10:01 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It is worth noting that this design also dramatically impacts future attempts to create competitive common samurai squads.

Like this unit or not, it is hardly "creative," notwithstanding its protestation to the contrary in the nominating post. It essentially creates a melee squad that spawns off of dead humans. Of course, you can have this squad be any size you want, which is nice, and it comes with extra bells and whistles, but it's basically a reskinned Ebon Armor. Designed to bump the Tagawa Samurai Archers, is my guess. But it's a reskinned Ebon Armor. Creative?

Do the bells and whistles mean it plays differently from the EA? Perhaps. But it's basically the same design. But better, because of added flexibility in squad size and auto-movement, which are both major boons.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 5th, 2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Take the same mini and the same theme and design a unique hero. Voila. Problem solved.
Old November 5th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is Honor Beyond Death supposed to only work with Seishin Samurai that have not yet been destroyed?

Why would you not take a Seishin Samurai figure for every other Samurai in your army? Wave of Fear wants as many Seishin Samurai as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 5th, 2019, 11:34 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I would limit it to just Unique Samurai, incase someone creates a common Samurai squad.

What happens if the Samurai is killed by a Zombie? Which figure comes back?

I would also give this Wave of Fear power to be limited to something like Wyrmling Bonding.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old November 5th, 2019, 11:46 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
I would limit it to just Unique Samurai, incase someone creates a common Samurai squad.
Excuse me but the Tagawa Samuari Archers would like to have a pointed conversation with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs