Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old March 14th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Would it be possible to have the notable parts of the discussion on the Assassin messaged to me so that I can properly take them into account while I rework the Assassin?
Well no, not really. The comments were made behind closed doors and were not intended to be read by those on the outside. Which is why I summarize the issues noted.

Quote:
I have to say though, the "synergy" with deathreavers confuses me. If it was really an issue, it should have more noticeably affected the Beakface Rogue, because you can bond the Rogue with the Archer, and have Range backing up your sneak attacking rat combo. In my own playtests, it wasn't as good as just using the Deepwyrm, mostly due to the number of attacks per turn.
It wasn't a major concern. In my testing with the Beakfaces it wasn't nearly as potent as I expected, so it wasn't a concern to me.

Quote:
Question regarding complexity; is shifting itself too complex, or is it because it was combined with bonding? In my playtests, I felt like it was pretty straightforward once you understood it, but I designed it, so it could be that I am too used to it.
It's pretty wordy, and not necessarily so. At least one person disagreed with the need for a height restriction, since it is magic. (I agree.) A lot of extra words that works against the theme and doesn't have a huge gameplay effect.

Some didn't like the use of Sneak Attack either (in addition to the Deathreaver concern). They felt that it was overdesign where a simple bump in the Attack value will suffice. I don't necessarily agree with that one, personally, as Sneak Attack makes it much more difficult to make the most out of the Assassin.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 03:20 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

With the increased activity here lately, the SoV team has decided to go back up to seven active Judges. Emeritus member @capsocrates has offered to take up the reigns and return to active duty. We welcome his return!
Old March 22nd, 2018, 04:11 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
take up the reigns
How'd you get on our Editing team?
Old March 22nd, 2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
take up the reigns
How'd you get on our Editing team?
It was on one of my better days...
Old March 22nd, 2018, 04:35 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

When it reigns, it pours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 22nd, 2018, 04:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Welcome back, caps!
Old March 23rd, 2018, 09:14 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good to hear. Thanks for taking it on caps!
Old March 29th, 2018, 03:32 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Hi all. Here with another one of my submissions. This time it's RUJIN

Homeworld: Toril

I've playtested him more than I think I'd like, going back and forth on some of his stats and powers...but ultimately this is his strongest iteration. He fits well into the Troll race with similar stats to the Ice Troll and Feral Troll (though his life is more in line with Krug and Feral). His abilities are unique and creative. His Lurking Assault is a combination of Othkurik and Valguard's ability and is very thematic for his design. His swamp regenerate is a MUST. It's creative and thematic and pulls from the Troll class regenerate and makes him more of a terrain based unit like the Ice Troll.

When it comes to playability. He struggles to reach his point total. He consistently averaged around 50-60points...though that point total finally pulled up in the last few playtests when he started being more productive. As is, he has not proven to be OP BUT has proven a strong bonding option for the Ravagers (since that is part of the main design behind him). Also keep in mind his role is not primarily an offensive one. Originally I'd hoped he would be, but he's proven to be more of a tank, distraction and a target to soak damage for the Ravagers while they run around doing their thing. I get limited use out of him because opponents are so concerned about him, but that usually gives up enough attacks on my ravagers for them to charge in. I must say, he is frustrating at times to play, because he will just die with little production...and unfortunately that is in large part dependent on how well the Ravagers do.

In conclusion please don't overestimate his power Level. While lurking assault is thematic and potentially a big attack, it is quite difficult to pull off effectively and you usually don't wanna put him down in swamp water anyway. His Regenerate is his most used ability and quite honestly is his strongest ability. That said, it doesn't do him much good when he misses out on a turn because of Ravagers and then he gets roasted even with his 8 life (because of the 1 def).

Overall, he has the potential to reach those 100pts through a join effort of averaging 50kill points and soaking attacks for the ravagers. He's a solid option for the Ravagers, and he's wonderfully thematic and tied back to heroscape lore. I present to you, RUJIN!

Thank you for your consideration.

Availability:
81 current miniatures in the market accounted for
(not counting random eBay sellers)
(not counting Paizo who currently allows ~60 or more in your cart)

EDIT: The wording may need to be corrected but his Swamp Regenerate activates on both Swamp Terrain and Swamp Water...so the power should read "If he is on a swamp terrain or swamp water space..."

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; April 2nd, 2018 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Homeworld added.
Old March 29th, 2018, 07:41 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is Rujin a single or double-spaced figure?
Old March 29th, 2018, 09:29 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Hmm, your comments about him being difficult and frustrating to play and rarely earning his points are not selling me here.

Why did you settle on 100 points? Is he that good on swamp maps?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 29th, 2018, 09:59 AM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Availability:
81 current miniatures in the market accounted for
(not counting random eBay sellers)
(not counting Paizo who currently allows ~60 or more in your cart)

"
Is there a figure name and series to go with the availability?
Old March 29th, 2018, 09:59 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Hmm, your comments about him being difficult and frustrating to play and rarely earning his points are not selling me here.

Why did you settle on 100 points? Is he that good on swamp maps?
I was getting that the unit was to be used as a Defender unit. Defenders practically never earn their points back via kills (that’s not their role).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs