Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 28th, 2009, 06:10 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Thoughts on Organ Donation

I was getting my license renewed and I noticed something bizarre on the form. Instead of the usual question about organ donations, I saw this:

{Yes} {No} In the event of your death would you like to make an anotomical gift?

WTF?!?

If people are creeped out by the phrase "organ donor", I don't see how this is much better...

So - What's your position on Organ Donation?

I don't think this is a necesarrily "hot" topic, but I've been fascinated to talk about it with other people around me and have learned some interesting things about their beliefs.

I was going to add a poll, but I found it very difficult to sum up the range of views on the topic in just a handful of choices.

For my part, I appreciate what organ donors do, and how it can help people, but I will never be an organ donor myself. I believe there is a strong spiritual connection between the physical and non-physical parts of an entity and I don't wish for any part of my own body to be removed from me after death. That strikes some people around me as very weird, and I get that. I'm not saying it makes a lot of sense, it's just how I feel.

Old August 28th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Thoughts on Organ Donation

Interesting. Very interesting. How "Organ Donor" could ever offend or creep somebody out over "Anatomical Gift" is totally beyond me.
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:27 PM

JX3D is surprisingly tart

I've done some snooping (not wiki) and there seems to be 23 + or - transferable organs in the human body and some of them can even be shared/split between 2 people and your skin can be graphed a lot more times... And with such a shortage now a days I feel it is my duty to my country to donate. I personaly belive my family would be honered that I helped so many people after I've passed. I don't really understand how Cheederlimbo can feel spirtual attached to his organs(trying not to sound blunt) ,but I do respect his points of view

...summerfast...
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:30 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I'm way to young to donate, but would I in case of death? Yes, I would. I think it's a good thing to do and I believe in Karma.

But now I'm curious how many Kidneys I have...

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:36 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

I agree with tuba. Also put it this way: You can help people even after you die. Also, if you dont donate, then your organs will just rot away. Why not make a final use of your body?
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

An interesting tidbit I learned yesterday:

Speaking of organs, if God forbid, one ever needs a skin graft for the scrotum, the skin used for the grafting comes from the elbow skin of a cadaver.

It's true.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; August 28th, 2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Now how many of you are trying to look at your elbow's ?? <laughing>
Old August 28th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Well, I will definitely lend someone my "anotamical gifts" after I pass away. I just see it as one last kindness to the world.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old August 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am dying with all my parts and that's final!
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm dead, so why the heck do I need them?

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 28th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Truthfully, I'm not sure how I feel about this topic.

On one hand, I am from the school of thought that says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. In that regards, once I'm dead, then it doesn't matter. Donate away as it doesn't affect me - just my earthly vessel, you know?

But on the other hand, the emotional, spiritual, physical, whatever it is-ical attachment I have with my body has been present my whole life. The thought of desecrating my body and cutting away parts leaves me feeling...not right about it, for lack of a more concise way to describe my feeling about it.

So, again, I do not know.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old August 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

My dad is a kidney transplant surgeon. After growing up in that environment, it would be an easy choice to give up your organs.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old August 28th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post

But now I'm curious how many Kidneys I have...
Two, unless you were being sarcastic, which you probably were.

And I think you can donate part of your liver.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General