Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 30th, 2011, 04:24 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I've played The Adventures about a half dozen times, and it is a lot of fun. My only complaint is that the board isn't modular. This seems like the perfect game to go that route, instead of the static maze.
I can totally see what you mean regarding a modular board... It would be especially cool if both versions could have been integrated as one. However, I don't think its possible with the exception of the adventurer characters.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old December 30th, 2011, 05:03 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Jack Saw from Earth Reborn painted as a donation to the Jack Vasal auction.
Old December 31st, 2011, 12:11 AM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

We set up a group to play Risk Legacy and we got in four games in this week. Can't wait to play more and I love the changes that the cards have introduced after our first couple games.

We also snuck in some other games. Played Galaxy Trucker with my wife and son, as well playing a lot of Titan and Neuroshima Hex on the iPad.
Old December 31st, 2011, 09:21 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played 7 Wonders for the first two times last night. I managed to win the first, but came in dead last (of 4) in the second game. It was quite popular though.
Old December 31st, 2011, 09:33 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Played a massive 3 player game of Heroscape last night on a Mines of Moria map. Utgar with 2,200 points against Ullar and Jandar armies, each with 850 points. The good guys win after a 6 hour draft and play time, then there was another half hour of putting figures away.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 31st, 2011, 11:52 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hahma: Okay--I'm impressed! I don't get to play Big Games like that much any more. But you may be giving Sherman Davies some ideas...
Old December 31st, 2011, 12:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Chas, hopefully you and Sherman Davies can give a big game like this a go sometime. I haven't played a battle this big before as we usually have maybe 1,500 for a defending army vs whatever for the other two. But my brother in-law really wanted to go crazy with this one.

We pre-determined that it would be Utgar vs. Ullar and Jandar. Then we put each of the 3 general d20 in a bag and had my niece pull one out secretly and hand it to each of us, where we kept in concealed in our hand until we all did the reveal at the same time to see which armies we all got. I got Ullar. My 16 year-old nephew got Utgar. He could have drafted better and he was too aggressive on a couple occasions that cost him valuable heroes. But still, had he drafted differently and made a couple other decisions, he could have beat us. His problem was not getting his troops to the top soon enough enmass. My WOA and POU were pretty devastating, but Tool Box was good for him with the Mind Blasts and Teleporting and Isamu was pretty huge for him and lived through many attacks, as was a Fire Elemental for him. My brother in-law's White Wyrmlings were pretty good for him too for cheap units.

There were 5 glyphs spread about on the sides and in crevices to get some action there. Also, you couldn't fly over or shoot over any wall or battlement as they were supposed to reach all the way to the ceiling of the mine, so it made for some interesting tactics to get into certain positions. Toolbox was able to Teleport all over and remain unreachable because of those wall/battlement restrictions, so he was Mindblasting w/o clear sight like crazy.

Here are some pix at the start of the game:

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 31st, 2011, 01:16 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Awesome maps, Hahma! Sounds fun.

We got in some Scape last night (been a while). Had about a half dozen people over, set up 4 (BoV-sized) maps in the front room, and played about 2-3 games each, sort of Swiss-style, winners generally playing winners on a new map.

Good times--still love Scape--the game of games!
Old December 31st, 2011, 03:00 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Hahma, that's about the size of the maps that we play on. And we have pretty crazy scenarios, like rescue the princess, kill the ship captain and destroy the Pumpkin King.

Old December 31st, 2011, 03:02 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Played two games last night...

1x The Adventurers: PoH
Tina chose the Canadian adventurer and I the Carribean adventurer. She made it out of the pyramid. As I was escaping, I got trapped inside and she won.

1x Ascension
We played with the revenge of the fallen expansion. It certainly adds more depth to the game. I won 92 to 85.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old December 31st, 2011, 06:39 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Played Ticket to Ride (original) with my fiance. I had a whopping 15 trips completed. The final score was 157 - 122. Great fun, although I think I like Nordic Countries better for 2p.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old December 31st, 2011, 06:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Played Ticket to Ride (original) with my fiance. I had a whopping 15 trips completed. The final score was 157 - 122. Great fun, although I think I like Nordic Countries better for 2p.
15!!! In the original? Without USA 1910? That's a lot!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games