Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 9th, 2011, 10:22 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
BTW, BTL Matt, I picked up ED for Christmas (yes, I order my own gifts--my wife doesn't like dealing with the game store, ah well...).

Can't wait to play it. Thanks for the thoughts and recommendation.
Awesome! Hope my recommendation was worth it and you enjoy the game... If you do, consider it returning the favor for having recommended Omen: A Reign of War (an exceptionally fun game). By the way, you're lucky to live close to Cool Stuff Inc. I'd be broke if I lived in that area, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
I'm guess you guys play Ascension with all the jewels instead of using the standard rules? Or are you playing the expansion? Don't have it so not sure if it ups the jewel amount.
We use the standard rules and only put out the exact amount of honor jewels recommended for two player games. None of us have ever really scored higher than low 90s and we average mid to high 80s, so either we suck something fierce at playing Ascension, or there's some weird thing going on in our games if the norm for other players is scoring in the 100s.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old December 9th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

EDITED: Ignore my stupidity, forgot the honor on the cards.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 10th, 2011, 02:35 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Tonight:

Navegador: I was third in a four-player game. Actually didn't mind this game which is more than I can say for most meaty Euros.

Invasion from Outer Space: My martians were successful in capturing 4 of the 6 circus allies. Emm, probing.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old December 10th, 2011, 10:06 AM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Got to play Fortune & Glory two nights ago. It was okay, but didn't blow my socks off. I definitely would not play with more than four, as it would just bog down. I would probably play it again if asked, but I doubt I'll ever buy it or suggest it.

We then played Quarriors. I am still on the fence about this one. This game frustrated me, as the dragon is just so strong. I'm considering removing them from the game to see if that makes it better.
Old December 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Got my Cyclades game yesterday and got all the pieces organized into baggies and have been going over the rules. The components are pretty awesome and the art work is very nice. Hopefully I'll get to play it with the game group in the next couple weeks.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 10th, 2011, 10:16 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"KLINGONS!?!"
--William Shatner as Denny Crane, Boston Legal

"Khaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!"
--William Shatner's screwed up face on STFCs 'Decisive Defeat' card

Star Trek Fleet Captains is finally on my table in a ready state. For all my adventures with prepping this new design, see my thread in this section Star Trek Fleet Captains: Silk Purse From Sow's Ear? Some of us are also talking Star Trek love in my thread "Zooming In" right now in the General site section.

Taeblewalker was over late last night to check this pretty but fragile game out briefly, as he's coming over tomorrow to play it for my first time. Today I'll solitaire it a bit and get a feel for the game mechanics. I have high hopes for it becoming the definitive Star Trek game, even with all the component problems and high cost. When T. finally saw the cheeziness of the components, he said "You got gipped."

Still, I have high hopes for this game, as its gotten good reviews and the rules read well. I'll be reviewing it in some detail on that other thread after a few plays. Now its set up with that new game smell, and my freshly custom painted ships are at their respective Command Posts (start spaces) on opposite ends of the randomly arranged individual tiled board, with their missions chosen and their initial hand of colorful cards dealt. The large board tiles are laid out face down, ready for exploration.

And now to boldly go where no Chas has gone before...
Old December 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

With my birthday just a day away, my fiance and family let me crack open my presents yesterday since we were all together for a dinner occassion. I was stoked to see my new stash of games/expansions. Between my fiance, her family, and my family I received the following:

Dominion: Hinterlands
Quarriors: Rise of the Demons
Frontline: D-Day
Ninjato
Dungeon Twister 2
A Touch of Evil: Something Wicked
A Touch of Evil: Hero Pack

www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old December 10th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Awesome B:T:L:

I have to buy my own stuff as my wife would just tell me to order it myself and no one else would bother. Of course at my age, I don't get crap for my birthday.

Old December 10th, 2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Awesome B:T:L:

I have to buy my own stuff as my wife would just tell me to order it myself and no one else would bother. Of course at my age, I don't get crap for my birthday.
I'll be 29 Sunday, so I'm certainly taking advantage of enjoying my youth while I can, heh. Even when I'm much older, I think I'll still be a kid at heart though...

Old December 10th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Well I'm 44 and am still very much a kid at heart and don't plan on stopping.

"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." ~ Ben Franklin

Old December 10th, 2011, 01:37 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My wife would say I'm regressing
Old December 10th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, I'm sure mine would say the same about me. Wives are too serious

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games