Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 12th, 2010, 04:41 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of The Iron Golem

by far my favorite D2 unit. I'm gonna get 5 of these!

Excellent job design team!
Old August 14th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

This guy does not stand a chance vs. squads. One less defense than Brunak and Big B always goes down with a quickness. Low life and no range spells a quick death. Great Hero slayer for the points though. peace
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:31 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Actually, It is better to have a low-life, High defense hero fighting squads than a Lo-defense, High life hero. So I think this guy will beat squads easily. (Just like Brunak)

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:50 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
by far my favorite D2 unit. I'm gonna get 5 of these!

Excellent job design team!
Me too!
Old August 14th, 2010, 03:02 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

This is the guy you want to pick up your treasure glyphs. 6 attack and 6 defense is already brutal. Imagine getting the talisman of defense on this guy, or even just a ring of protection to handle a ridicous roll. Imagine your opponents dismay when he finally gets two wounds through and you pop a healing potion.
Old August 14th, 2010, 03:02 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Actually, It is better to have a low-life, High defense hero fighting squads than a Lo-defense, High life hero. So I think this guy will beat squads easily. (Just like Brunak)
You mean like a Deathwalker?

Heroes with high defense/low life also have high variance, squads have lower variance. Any hero is going to fall to concerted attacks from a squad; Brunak is decent against squads because he has multiple attacks. That's why this Iron Golem will not be good against squads; if the most he can take out a turn is one squad member, and he's subjected to multiple attacks, his defense will fail. Not to mention his special defensive ability doesn't even help against squads.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old August 14th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:

Heroes with high defense/low life also have high variance, squads have lower variance. Any hero is going to fall to concerted attacks from a squad; Brunak is decent against squads because he has multiple attacks. That's why this Iron Golem will not be good against squads; if the most he can take out a turn is one squad member, and he's subjected to multiple attacks, his defense will fail. Not to mention his special defensive ability doesn't even help against squads.
Don't knock the Deathwalker

Anyways, I wonder what this guy means for Dungeon Adventure 3.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; August 14th, 2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Cause you know, it could happen
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:53 PM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!
Talking Re: The Book of The Iron Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:

Don't knock the Deathwalker

Anyways, I wonder what this guy means for Dungeon Adventure 3.
Well, "If the adventuring party has at least 1 IG in it, the forces of evil cant use special attacks, and must draft Me-Burq-Sa in every room." (If made like the 1st campaign). "If the adventuring party has at least 1 IG in it, the forces of evil can only use special attacks, and cannot draft units that decrease defense in any way" (If made like the 2nd campaign.)

Who knows. I never had a problem in the new campaign as heroes, but then again, I used Jotun (an attack tank) every time, which I how I think IG is gonna end being like in any campaign (a better balanced tank). And you can draft 2 IGs and still be ahead of 1 Jotun!
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:23 PM

Mrspy is surprisingly tart

I like that this guy is large. Meaning he is immune to acid breath, ullar enhanced special attack, whip 12, net trip 14, throw 14. And a bunch of other things. Just made him a whole lot better....

Einar's the BOMB!!!
Old August 17th, 2010, 09:29 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamaniac27 View Post

Well, "If the adventuring party has at least 1 IG in it, the forces of evil cant use special attacks, and must draft Me-Burq-Sa in every room." (If made like the 1st campaign). "If the adventuring party has at least 1 IG in it, the forces of evil can only use special attacks, and cannot draft units that decrease defense in any way" (If made like the 2nd campaign.)

Who knows. I never had a problem in the new campaign as heroes, but then again, I used Jotun (an attack tank) every time, which I how I think IG is gonna end being like in any campaign (a better balanced tank). And you can draft 2 IGs and still be ahead of 1 Jotun!
I am wary of drafting heroes with low life because of second wind. The Gang of Five is playing RoB by committee (http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1281), and I fear we could lose any of our party with a little bad luck (especially Kaemon), as they have lives of 6 (Sonlen), 4 (Kaemon), 6 (Rhogar), and 5 (Mika).
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:18 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

He looks Really good, but I don't know if hes better than Fen Hydra. They Hydras Multi Attack is really good, and its Range.

For the same points. Though I see no real glaring weakness to him, though would one want Agent Carr over him? And Agent Carr hardly sees competitive play.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 17th, 2010, 11:24 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
He looks Really good, but I don't know if hes better than Fen Hydra. They Hydras Multi Attack is really good, and its Range.

For the same points. Though I see no real glaring weakness to him, though would one want Agent Carr over him? And Agent Carr hardly sees competitive play.
I think that the Iron Golem will be used mostly as a counterdraft to special attackers (not using a screen). He'll do great against Q9, Q10, Braxas, Nilfheim, etc., but he'll lose quickly to squads. I really wish that he had disengage so that he could get around screens.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units