Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old August 9th, 2007, 10:10 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
In therms of general public recognition, I'd speculate it's something like this....

C-listers, recognized by fans of the medium or the generally pop culture savvy, but certainly above being obscure or minor within their medium.
-Black Panther
-Thanos
-Red Skull
-Bullseye (despite the movie)
-Abomination
-Super-Skrull

B-listers, widely recognized by the public but not always known in detail.
-Sandman
-Punisher
-Beast
-Silver Surfer
-Iron Man
-Venom

A-listers, known to most people....even non-fans can often describe these characters rather well.
-Human Torch
-Invisible Woman
-Thing
-Doctor Doom
-Doctor Octopus

Beyond A-listers...so ingrained in the pop culture that they are icons transcending the source material...only the very sheltered do not know them.
-Spider-Man
-Hulk
-Captain America
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:55 AM

Manchine has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
In therms of general public recognition, I'd speculate it's something like this....
See recognized by the general and recognized by comic fans are two different things. Comic fans would say A Listers would be different.
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:15 AM

HS Beast has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchine
See recognized by the general and recognized by comic fans are two different things. Comic fans would say A Listers would be different.
But the topic was recognizable by the general public.

Thankfully due to movies, a lot of normally B-List characters are sliding more A-List.
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yes, if we were only worried about what would sell to comic book fans (and if there were enough comic book fans to easily carry the game on their own) then this would be a non issue, because they'd come out with scores and scores of D listers after finishing off the others. Our speculation is based on having enough mass market appeal to get us actual D-listers. I figured opinions would vary on this, but I think we can all agree - not a whole lot of C listers so far, and really no D listers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 10th, 2007, 01:05 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Is Aunt May a C-lister or a D-lister?
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Aunt May is an AARP-lister.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Yes, if we were only worried about what would sell to comic book fans (and if there were enough comic book fans to easily carry the game on their own) then this would be a non issue, because they'd come out with scores and scores of D listers after finishing off the others. Our speculation is based on having enough mass market appeal to get us actual D-listers. I figured opinions would vary on this, but I think we can all agree - not a whole lot of C listers so far, and really no D listers.
Of course there is due to the success of Hero Clix. If the game catches on, this is the biggest thing. If enough people buy Marvel Heroscape you betcha Heroscape will make more.

I think jcb231 put it best for A / B / C listers for the general public. We haven't even touched some characters. Xmen and Avengers specifically.
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:48 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yes, we haven't touched some characters, but how many A listers are left? There's a bunch of X-Men, Thor, and ... ?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 10th, 2007, 08:05 PM

A lister, according to the General Public Not a Xcharacter or Thor

Green Goblin, Mr Fantastic, Daredevil, and Kingpin.

These are characters not already known to be coming out.
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:21 PM

Oh and I almost forgot Doctor Strange.
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:26 PM

I'd agree with you on all of those - so that makes 5 non X-Men A-listers. And about how many X-Men A-listers do we have?
Off the top of my head ... Prof X, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman (being kind there), Storm, Wolverine (beyond A-lister, really), and, uh ... that's about it for the heroes - I see Rogue, Gambit, and Colossus as more B-listers. For villains, Magneto is an A-lister, maybe Sabretooth and Mystique (might be a stretch). Apocalypse, Sentinels, and thugs like Blob, Pyro, Toad, etc., are all B-listers or lower, IMO.
So, in my estimation, that's about 10 X-Men A-listers not yet released, and 5 non X-Men A-listers. So that's only 15 A-listers left. At the rate their going, the only way they'll continue expansion past about three or four more waves is by dipping deep into that B-D pile. Luckily, I think there are still plenty of X-Men and Avenger B-listers floating around to pick up some of the slack once all the A-listers are gone.

Old August 10th, 2007, 08:51 PM

Juggernaut.

There are a TON of B Listers at least any B listers are characters that have been in Movies, the cartoons, or Major Video Games (Marvel Ultimate Allaince comes to mind). Any "GOOD" classic Spiderman Villain is a B Lister.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News