Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 15th, 2006, 02:26 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
I could see the format being similar to the one in Battalion Wars. Heroes and squads would be able to fit intp gameplay pretty easy.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old December 15th, 2006, 05:51 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
AHHHH Battalion Wars. i picked up that and chi bi robo to hold me over until gears of war and i don't know if i could go back to it.

ˇdn sʇɐɥʍ
Old December 18th, 2006, 02:57 AM

philowar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Btw, for those of you that love turn based strategy PC games, check out Silent Storm. It has a real nice 3D turn based engine with a real advancement in turn based games: rag doll physics. Mowing down Nazis is so much fun.
Hm. I always play the Germans myself. Great game.
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by philowar
Hm. I always play the Germans myself. Great game.
I have not played that campaign yet.

Is that a Wasteland avatar? Now, that was a great game!
Old January 27th, 2007, 08:00 PM

Loco4DaMofo has disabled reputation
It would be awesome if it would be like Warcraft, only you would place your order markers before each turn (like you do in HeroScape). You wouldn't be able to move ALL characters when you want to, where you want to like you can in Warcraft. I'd try it if it had "Fog Of War" (You can only see 2 spaces in front of you figures).

Old January 27th, 2007, 09:28 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I would like an HS videogame were you get to use an army to fight another one, and you get to control heroes(which will have button combos that make squads do a certain thing).

There would be health bars (the other heroes having the largest, and be referred to as bosses). You could play through the games as all five armies, recruiting more and more as you play.

After three real HS expansions are released there would be a expansion for the videogame. More figures to play as and find out what their attack combos do and such.

I think that would be awesome. (If done correctly.)

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old January 27th, 2007, 09:45 PM

Loco4DaMofo has disabled reputation
It would be cool if you started out with. lets see, about 300-350 point armies. And every time you win, you get about 20-30 points which you can save up and "buy" other squads/heroes. But while your army is getting stronger, the enemies are getting stronger also....

Old January 27th, 2007, 10:00 PM
has been BANNED

CKboy56 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
i don't. not everyone has internet access to do this online crap. I don't and i don't particularly want to.

Even with the online capabilities, you'd be paying monthly subscriptions more often than you would for expansion discs, so it's still a complete waste.

Heroscape is expanding too rapidly for something like this. For those of us who need 3x of everything have well over a couple thousand dollars tied up in it now. Are you all willing to double (or even more) the amount of money you have in heroscape to be able to play solo? I know i'm not.
You're obviously not into video games.

Most Hasbro games come out on PC. A good example is nerf arena blast ( Which people are still playing www.nerfarena.net ). Online play was free. Most Hasbro games never cost over $30. It's not like on consoles were the price margin starts at $50. I don't see what there'd be expansions for. 3 glaciers? That's justifiable in real life but not for a video game. Plus there's always downloadable content and patches.

And to the guy who said Nintendo is supporting 3rd party online is wrong. They're just now lightening up with the DS and they haven't let developers use online play yet. Why do you think CoD3 had no online.
Old January 28th, 2007, 02:29 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
I would not want this. Playing Heroscape with other PEOPLE is what makes it a great experience. It is one of the things my son asks to do that is not a video game. I think we all could use some time (notice I am including myself here) away from our computer monitors/TV screens.
Old January 28th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Siran Dunmorgan has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket
I would not want this. Playing Heroscape with other PEOPLE is what makes it a great experience. It is one of the things my son asks to do that is not a video game. I think we all could use some time (notice I am including myself here) away from our computer monitors/TV screens.
I concur. The physicality of Heroscape is one of the things that attracts my family and I to it.

That said, for those of you who want a Heroscape-like experience, but simply can't find anyone near you with whom to play, you may want to take a closer look at Pox Nora; it looks very like Heroscape on-line.

—Siran Dunmorgan

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion